PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Walter Football 3 round mock

Agree. We don't take Lafell. I love Hughes and Odrick though. They could be our first and 2a. I haven't seen Matthews but Mayoclinic is very high on him and we need a rb. Good pick at 2b. As for 2C, I'd take another olb like E.Norwood or an OL like Mike Johnson - G- Bama.

Yea I just can't justify the Pats taking a 1st round WR.

Not only do they have much bigger needs, but at this point I feel the 3rd WR position is stable this year with Sanback/Aiken/Edelman. They're not perfect long term solutions but Tate, who's coming back next year, should be. He should be able to take some coverage off of Moss. I saw him getting nice separation from DBs on deep routes and would have been gone for TDs if Brady didn't overthrow him twice. I also liked that one run he had in the Tampa game where Brady faked to Maroney, then handed it off to Tate to for a nice 11 yard run. Basically Tate's versatile skill-set would perfectly compliment Moss and Welker.

There's also the issue of finding a #1 receiver to succeed Moss. Still that's something that definitely shouldn't be addressed in this draft. No sane person could think the top WRs coming out in 10 are better than the WRs coming out in 11.

I'd have no problems in taking Benn in the first round.

Never say never with BB - we've all learned that.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back