Welcome to PatsFans.com

New Toy For The "College Kids"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

POT is still illegal-------:singing:

After nearly a century of being banned in the United States, restrictions on absinthe - a supposedly mind-altering alcoholic potion touted by artists from Oscar Wilde to Marilyn Manson - have been lifted and the mystical liquid is flowing freely at Hub hotspots.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1044126

Marilyn Manson------:bricks:
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  2. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Absinthe isn't hallucinagetic - but weed is! It's just another alcoholic bev.

Absinthe has long been believed to be hallucinogenic. Ten years after Dr. Magnan's experiments with wormwood oil, he studied 250 cases of alcoholism and claimed that those who drank absinthe were worse off than those who just drank alcohol, and that they experienced, among other things, rapidly brought-on hallucinations.[46] Few descriptions of these hallucinations exist from actual absinthe drinkers beyond a few quotes from poets after a long night of drinking. In one of the most famous, Oscar Wilde describes the feeling of tulips on his legs after leaving a bar at closing.[47] These beliefs got a boost in the 1970s when a scientific paper mistakenly reported thujone was related to THC and most likely had similar hallucinogenic properties based on its shape.
    Today it is known that absinthe does not cause hallucinations, especially those described in the old studies. Thujone, the supposed active chemical in absinthe, is a GABA antagonist and while it can produce muscle spasms in large doses there is no evidence it causes hallucinations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe#Effects
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

I drank absinthe when I lived in Portugal. It's a beautiful green color, and does seem to give a little bit of a high. I'd recommend it. (It was quite cheap in Lisbon, but at least on line it looks quite expensive here.)
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

If I was younger I might take a shot at it, I'm bad enough now on Paisano Wine, I drink it out of a mayonaise jar, I had a fight with my horse yesterday I'm going to sell the bastard, he pinned me up against the stall wall for twenty minutes, I was screaming for my wife to come out and help me but she went shopping, when she heard me yelling she thought I was having sex with the friggin horse, I had to tape up my ribs.
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Jesus, maybe you should give a little Pisano to the horse.

Might also want to check this out:

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1583009,00.html
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

These people were all over Maine years ago, my horse won't let me have sex with her, she starts yelling and bites me then my dog starts barking and my wife is screaming at me from the house it's not worth it, it causes to much commotion I'm afraid somebody will call the cops.
    :bricks: