(The end zones were all re-sodded too.)

patsfieldln8.jpg

Last edited:
Tear it up boys.

Tear.

It.

Up.

I want me some mud for the Dolts game.

I hope that the grounds crew gets out there tomorrow and roll the field again after the soccer game. Paul

Hey..at least they tried...

So much for the Revs denying that they had anything to do with the conditions 'in side the hash marks'. In that picture - ALL the players are inside the hash marks.

R

i still fail to see how soccer players do anything to field. They dont tear up a field even close to what a football team does.

njpatsfan said:
So much for the Revs denying that they had anything to do with the conditions 'in side the hash marks'. In that picture - ALL the players are inside the hash marks.

R

lol you're going off one picture? Soccer players definetly use the entire field.

Blame needs to be assigned based on the particular team's value. Even though the real Football players do 99% of the damage, the 1% done by the Soccer players really is the galling percent. They should never have torn down the old building.

desi-patsfan said:
i still fail to see how soccer players do anything to field. They dont tear up a field even close to what a football team does.

You, my friend, have never played soccer!

_38687051_pitch_sign_em300.jpg

But if a field has been chewed up by soccer there is a characteristic pattern of wear -- it's muddiest in the goalmouths and the rest of the penalty areas and in the centre circle. I used to love muddy fields -- dragged those quick, tricky guys back down to my level.

Last edited:
njpatsfan said:

R

you should have seen the play a few minutes after that image was taken--the Chicago players actually brought a roto-tiller on the field and proceeded to plant a crop of winter wheat! :bricks:

Mike the Brit said:
You, my friend, have never played soccer!

_38687051_pitch_sign_em300.jpg

But if a field has been chewed up by soccer there is a characteristic pattern of wear -- it's muddiest in the goalmouths and the rest of the penalty areas and in the centre circle. I used to love muddy fields -- dragged those quick, tricky guys back down to my level.

I only played soccer for a short time as a kid.But I have a great deal of respect for the game of soccer.It may not be as hard on the body as football.But it is DEFINATELY just as demanding when it comes to energy and endurance.My 15 yr old Nephew plays soccer in High School,I try to get to as many games as I can as He is going to be a great player.He already is.I cant believe how much those kids run.From one side to the other and back and forth.I couldnt run a half what those kids do,and Im only 23.Its Nuts.So whoever says that Soccer doesnt tear up a field is sorely mistaken.Those Guys NEVER stop moving.

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
But the new sod just went in.... there's no way it had time to set-up and root before they played on it, especially if there was an accident involving forgetting to turn the underground heaters off. :D At least I'm hoping. Did I mention I love me a muddy game of football?
:rocker:

The field October 30, 2005:

dscf0039ah9.jpg

The field November 7, 2005:

dscf0072km7.jpg

Last edited:
well,the soccer is a beautiful sport.The field will be prepared for the New England Patriots game the next monday.RelaXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes