New Site For Miguel Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Just a quick note since I've been a little scarce in here lately, I'm working on helping @Miguel with a new site upgrade to help make it more complete and allow him the ability to do some more things with it. The new version will also be mobile friendly and will work better across each platform (mobile, tablets, desktop, etc), so it should be a nice upgrade once it's done. Hopefully I'll have it done in the next week or so.

Last edited:
All we need now is a bartender and a bar stool and this place will be PACKED !!!! ;)

I down for that! Have clocks on the wall from every time zone around the world, so it'll always be 5 O'Clock somewhere. :cool:

And Ian, thanks again for the great job you do here, and a shoutout to Miguel for keeping us in the loop for Patriots financials. Or should I call them fanancials? :)

I thought this might be a good time for some perspective about what Miguel's contribution has meant over the years to lots of Pats fans. I first became aware of Miguel about the same time I began to discover the joys of internet football messages boards back around 2000. We both posted at KFFL. At the time KFFL was a great site to post, not only because it had a fairly large, knowledgeable group of fans, but it also hosted boards for every other NFL teams. So it was easy to board hop and get into conversations with fans of other teams, so it was never too parochial. I don't even know it exists anymore but DaBruinz, and Urgent were regulars back then

I remember those were the early days of Miguel's fascination with the salary cap and those at KFFL were lucky enough to share his wisdom even then. I remember he posted an early version of his cap page on the site and when he wanted to expand it, he asked for suggestions. I have always been proud that he still acknowledges me along with many others who helped him, though for the life of me I can't remember what I could have possibly added. ;) I also remember the time when he graciously let us know that he got an opportunity to come over to Patsfans.com to exclusively publish his cap page. None of us were happy to see him go.

Checking out his page was actually my first exposure to Patsfans.com. and as KFFL's usership shrank, I eventually gravitated here. And 8000 posts over the last decade or so, as the say, the rest is history. But the point of this is that Pats fans are probably the most knowledgeable fan base in the league when it comes to understanding the salary cap and its nuances and we have been for a long time. And it's mostly because of Miguel and his efforts.

Not only do Pats fans owe him a debt of gratitude, so do fans of other teams who now have people who have set up cap pages that mirror what Miguel started so many years before. The Jets suck in so many ways, but on the plus side, as Miguel himself would tell you, they do have a very good cap page because one of their fans saw what Miguel was doing and took on the challenge for his team. (Jeff is his name, IIRC).

BOTTOM LINE - I look forward to Miguel's new pages, but I also want to acknowledge how long and how diligently he has been doing this for us. It is hard to believe that Miguel has been here so long and Felger and some of the local media STILL doesn't have a clue about how cap works. :eek:

So whatever he and Ian have in store for us in the near future, I just wanted to make sure that fans that have come here only in the last few years gain some perspective of just how long Miguel has been doing this for all of us

I thought this might be a good time for some perspective about what Miguel's contribution has meant over the years to lots of Pats fans. I first became aware of Miguel about the same time I began to discover the joys of internet football messages boards back around 2000. We both posted at KFFL. At the time KFFL was a great site to post, not only because it had a fairly large, knowledgeable group of fans, but it also hosted boards for every other NFL teams. So it was easy to board hop and get into conversations with fans of other teams, so it was never too parochial. I don't even know it exists anymore but DaBruinz, and Urgent were regulars back then

I remember those were the early days of Miguel's fascination with the salary cap and those at KFFL were lucky enough to share his wisdom even then. I remember he posted an early version of his cap page on the site and when he wanted to expand it, he asked for suggestions. I have always been proud that he still acknowledges me along with many others who helped him, though for the life of me I can't remember what I could have possibly added. ;) I also remember the time when he graciously let us know that he got an opportunity to come over to Patsfans.com to exclusively publish his cap page. None of us were happy to see him go.

Checking out his page was actually my first exposure to Patsfans.com. and as KFFL's usership shrank, I eventually gravitated here. And 8000 posts over the last decade or so, as the say, the rest is history. But the point of this is that Pats fans are probably the most knowledgeable fan base in the league when it comes to understanding the salary cap and its nuances and we have been for a long time. And it's mostly because of Miguel and his efforts.

Not only do Pats fans owe him a debt of gratitude, so do fans of other teams who now have people who have set up cap pages that mirror what Miguel started so many years before. The Jets suck in so many ways, but on the plus side, as Miguel himself would tell you, they do have a very good cap page because one of their fans saw what Miguel was doing and took on the challenge for his team. (Jeff is his name, IIRC).

BOTTOM LINE - I look forward to Miguel's new pages, but I also want to acknowledge how long and how diligently he has been doing this for us. It is hard to believe that Miguel has been here so long and Felger and some of the local media STILL doesn't have a clue about how cap works. :eek:

So whatever he and Ian have in store for us in the near future, I just wanted to make sure that fans that have come here only in the last few years gain some perspective of just how long Miguel has been doing this for all of us

That was a nice post.

Funny thing is that I had no idea that Patsfans existed until I ran into Miguel's Pats Cap page.

What a blessing it was to find both sites.

Don't forget to donate to Miguel's soup kitchen link. I haven't done so this year yet but will.

Miguel ignores me every time I ask him if he is secretly Pink Stripes... :( but such a great guy answering any actual football related questions I throw at him.

For that, a tip of my.. cap to him.

Last edited:
If you have an Amazon.com site you can choose a charitable organization through Amazon Smile.
All the info is here ... it's real easy to choose a charity such as 'Bread of Life' and a percentage of your purchase is donated to your chosen charity by the AmazonSmile Foundation.

About AmazonSmile: Program details and FAQ

I think it is awesome that some in the mainstream media are finally recognizing @Miguel for his exemplary work, citing him in articles and bringing him on for interviews and podcasts.
Agreed. I've also heard several different talk radio people mention Miguel in very complimentary terms. Well-deserved.

I think it is awesome that some in the mainstream media are finally recognizing @Miguel for his exemplary work, citing him in articles and bringing him on for interviews and podcasts.
Only took them the better part of the last decade to figure it out...they're clearly a little slow but I'm glad they've finally caught on about how great he really is :D

Only took them the better part of the last decade to figure it out...they're clearly a little slow but I'm glad they've finally caught on about how great he really is :D

If they start donating to Miguel's calls
they can be forgiven

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes