Welcome to PatsFans.com

New scandal for Media matters?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, May 9, 2007.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

The Latest from Reverend Al, I am sure media matters will be all over this :rolleyes: .

Now there are numerous reasons to not like Romney, but I wasn't aware that religious bigotry was one of them.

My guess is that the selective outrage about bigoted comments will prevent this one from getting much traction with the MSM and Media Matters. Think Al will lose HIS radio gig?
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Religious bigotry is a perfectly valid reason for a liberal to dislike someone. You will never see a more bigoted group of people than liberals talking about religion.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

I've only seen a headline about some Romney Shartpon bit. Is that what he said? I'll wait to read up on it first before I comment.
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

By invoking those that "really believe in god", do you suppose he was talking about the ACLU :rolleyes:
    Last edited: May 9, 2007
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

Ah, the battle of the intolerant. Sharpton, as usual, put his foot in his mouth and said the wrong thing. He's the Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell of the left. Romney is sleaze, but that has nothing to do with his religious views.
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah, the myopic world of the American liberal: Mitt Romney is a sleaze but Bill Clinton isn't.

Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

I'm no fan of Shank, and I'm curious to see how he spins this one.
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

Romney is sleeze, but those comments are indefensible. Of course, my mentioning that the Shakedown Twins are the beneficiary of a double standard resulted in my being branded a racist, which a moderator seemed to somewhat agree with. Let's see how this one plays out this time. :D
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This guy right here is the most ignorant, stereotyping moron on this forum...
    No one on the left here seems to group all conservatives together into one stupid broad statement about their "world"... Only a true jaggov would resort to such a lazy deduction...
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

That FTW, I don't know what to do about him :D

At any rate, I disagreed with some of the characterizations of Sharpton and Jackson vis-a-vis the Duke scandal. But, I sort of kept quiet when you said that you were basing your comments on what you saw them say on tv. Their remarks about the Duke scandal that I saw struck me as reasonable. I think it's Jackson who said, whatever the story, he wants to help the woman change her life. He also said that he doesn't want a coverup and wants the investigation to proceed promptly. That struck me as reasonable. And there's nothing wrong with siding with a woman who claims she was raped. If it was true, she needed support at that time especially if she was going up against a powerful university and a white establishment.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

White establishment? Do you even know what the demographics of that county are? I see how it works for you, matter of fact, I know how it does. Innocence is irrelevent. All that matters is who is making the accusations, and what the particualrs are, as in color, gender, religion, political affiliation, etc...
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

I just saw the clip of Al Sharpton on Lou Dobbs. What a sad statement to make. How anyone can defend his words, and it's context, is beyond me. There is such a double standard when it comes to this clown it's unreal.
  14. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

im neither a leftie or a rightie, but you have to admit there is a PC double-standard. Why did Biden get away with THIS? Imagine if McCain had said it?

Nothing clean or bright in Biden's '08 opener
    By Christina Bellantoni
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    February 1, 2007

Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware yesterday made it official that he will seek the Democratic presidential nomination, but stumbled out of the gate with a memorable gaffe that became the focus of his day.
    In a critique of the Democratic field, he said of Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois: "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," he told the New York Observer, a weekly. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

good GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +305 / 4 / -2

Carefull now, you might be branded a raci....nevermind. :D
  16. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it's funny that Bushies love to declare Biden's meaning, or any Democrat who says something ambiguous, but then insist whenever dumbass Boy King says something stupid that "clearly, what he meant was..... "... whatever...

Biden and Obama are close, and have very similar views for America... Their rapport was palpable when they stood next to eachother at the debates...

Anyone pretending the "clean" comment was racial is a person trying a pathetic stretch to damage the only candidate who can stand up to and willfully and verbally abuse failed Bush policy and moronic neocon thinking ... Again, until Gore announces, Biden is the most viable candidate... Because he doesn't take and sh!t from the right...

It's interesting that the complaint is that the Dems aren't tough enough and have no ideas, and here's a guy who's tough as nails and has ideas, and the righties wanna cry that he's too bombastic....
  17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Cut and Run isn't an idea.
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Go Get Em Al, They Can't Talk Back To You, They Can't Get Down In The Gutter Where You Are And Fight, Say Whatever You Want, Your Protected You Dumpy Little Mother F-cker, None Of Those People Dare Fight You, They Don't Know How To Fight You, Your Gang And Jessie Jackoffs Gang Are Just Waiting Like Stinking Snakes For Somebody To Come Up With That One Little Word Or Thing That You And Your Tribe Of Yelling F-cking Sleazy Rat Bastards Can Use To Turn This "Racist", That Is Your Secret Weapon You Little Pile Of Sh!t The Weapon You Always Use.

Being A Racist Usually Destroys People, It Has Made You A Household Name Because "YOUR NOT WHITE".

"REVERAND" :singing: what a joke.
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

RW, In the immediate days that followed the "rape," it was reasonable for people to sympathize with the "victim." Didn't you? Don't most people form a quick view based on the first information? You can't call for people's heads, but you can certainly sympathize with the supposed victim. Most people do, and when it turns out the victim lied, people were disillusioned.

You want an analogy? You and others here defended Bush, believing he was telling it like it was about Iraq. You trusted him because you felt the attacks on him were unfair and simply politically motivated. Slowly you're coming to a similar conclusion as the rest of us. You started off by trusting him, believing he was a victim. Now you learned the truth. Had you known the truth earlier, perhaps 3000 more Americans would be at home with their families.
  20. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

why is it the defense from the left, or the right, is always to say the person making the point is somehow absolving the other side.
    Bush IS a dope and the racist comments come from the right just as much as the left. That doesnt make what Biden said fine and dandy. Saying Obama is the FIRST articulate and clean african-american candidate was and is a idiotic statement. Im sure Shirley Chisolm, Jesse Jackson, Alan Keyes, and Al Sharpton consder themselves "articulate" and i would assume they took baths now and then. Do you think they were innarticulate and dirty?
    And please dont go on a rant about the right. yes. yes .yes. we now about their racism. how about Biden's comments?