PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Rooting Interest: Anybody but the Steelers, Colts or Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
I still want the Patriots to be known as the team of the decade. Only 3 teams can chalenge that. The Colts and Steelers, and their obnoxious fans, will start chanting how their teams can actually rival the Patriots with another SB win. And the Giants? That would make 2 for them.

PLUS, if i have to hear about the Mannings again I will blow big chunks ALL OVER my TV Set.

No rooting interest here. I watch only when the Pats are on. I will not watch an NFL game unless the Pats play in it. I have a fleeting interest in the Chargers losing for the only reason being their 2nd round pick which we own.

No rooting interest here. I watch only when the Pats are on. I will not watch an NFL game unless the Pats play in it. I have a fleeting interest in the Chargers losing for the only reason being their 2nd round pick which we own.

Preach it, brother! Preach it!

If the Pats aren't in the playoffs, then I'm not interested. Every other team in the NFL is like a third world nation compared to New England, and I could give a Mangini about them.

Go ahead, call me a homer. The Patriots are my team first, last, and always.

The only good thing that could possibly come out of these playoffs is if both goober and gomer got crabs from the same hooker. ;)

I'm going with Philly. Not that I want there to be a new "titletown" or anything, but they (the organization, not the fans) seem to be first class, and I like that they got rid of TO. Any team that shines after he leaves is good in my book.

I might watch a game, but with no rooting interest except to root against the Colts, Steelers, Ravens and Giants.

Seeing how EVERY time I root for a team that's NOT the Patriots lose horribly.. I'll be rooting for the Colts, Stealers, and the Gints. I've got a friend that's a Colts fan and she's been bugging me since yesterday, begging me NOT to root for her Colts. :)

As long as the Eagles come up short, I'll be happy. The rest-don't care.

i want philly to win. Even brady when asked which other organization he likes other than the pats in thw way they operated he said the eagles because of their coach and as an organiaztion how the approach.
i like reid for all his faults.He doesnt throw insults or give rah rah speeches but somehow his team always contends despite a lot issues.
More importantly , they are the only team i think which can knock of the giants.

Philly I'm split on. I like the way the organization is run at the top, and how they are able to remain competitive year after year. In that respect it reminds me a lot about the Pats organization. And them winning after they dumped TO makes me smile.

On the other hand, there are the Philly fans. The many stories of their behavior (from what I have seen first hand, I'd say almost all are true) makes it somewhat difficult to wish for them to have a second pro sports championship in the span of just a few months.

Last edited:
I will not be rooting for another team but I will watch the playoffs with interest. Anybody that says they will not because the Pats are their team first is lying to us and lying to themselves. We all know that every single on of us, at some point, is going to watch the playoffs.

According to BB on WEEI , no one is playing better than indy right now. I hope they prove bb wrong.

What about other hot teams like Carolina, Minny, and Tennessee? Carolina has been consistent all year(something that can't be said about Philly). Minny, after a rough start, has finally gelled together in yr 3 under Brad Childress. And Tennessee, despite playing with a 50 year old QB and Albert Haynesworth out in the Pitt game, is the AFC's #1 seed.

What about other hot teams like Carolina, Minny, and Tennessee? Carolina has been consistent all year(something that can't be said about Philly). Minny, after a rough start, has finally gelled together in yr 3 under Brad Childress. And Tennessee, despite playing with a 50 year old QB and Albert Haynesworth out in the Pitt game, is the AFC's #1 seed.
Minny is a fraud IMO. Petereson is saving childress's job. he is a hack
carolina , yes i agree have a shot but delhomme has been inconsistent
Tenn, is a good team but tthey cant handle indy IMO if the meet or even SD if SD manages to get ahead in the game.Its still kerry ollins and they dont have the playoff experience. Ironically they remind me of the chargers of 2006.
whichever team has the best QB's-they have a better shot than most in the playoffs

Colts,SD,PHL...rest are all in the pack-maybe ryan is better than most.

Minny is a fraud IMO. Petereson is saving childress's job. he is a hack
carolina , yes i agree have a shot but delhomme has been inconsistent
Tenn, is a good team but tthey cant handle indy IMO if the meet or even SD if SD manages to get ahead in the game.Its still kerry ollins and they dont have the playoff experience. Ironically they remind me of the chargers of 2006.
whichever team has the best QB's-they have a better shot than most in the playoffs

Colts,SD,PHL...rest are all in the pack-maybe ryan is better than most.

I don't get the Philly hype myself. Defense has been very good, but aside from the Dallas game, they have problems on offense. Other than Westbrook, they have no other real threats, especially at TE.

Heck-Dallas mailed it in yesterday when the score was merely 3-3 early in the game!

BTW-how did San Diego come on strong? For a minute, it looked like Norv lost control of his team(for good).

I don't get the Philly hype myself. Defense has been very good, but aside from the Dallas game, they have problems on offense. Other than Westbrook, they have no other real threats, especially at TE.

Heck-Dallas mailed it in yesterday when the score was merely 3-3 early in the game!

BTW-how did San Diego come on strong? For a minute, it looked like Norv lost control of his team(for good).

You mean, aside from both Dallas games. ;)

Philly is terribly inconsistent. They can either be juggernauts or lay a huge egg. It just depends on which mood McNabb is in.

You mean, aside from both Dallas games. ;)

Remember our meeting at TX Stadium last year? Your offense really picked apart our pass coverages every which way a good one. Plus I couldn't believe the bad tackling in front of my eyes.

Why other teams last year didn't expose our D like that was beyond me(all I heard mostly was how Wade turned around the D). This year-not so much...even the mediocre Ravens offense made us look silly.

SD was just too talented to go 4-8. They also lack leadership to self scout themselves and move on but once they get rolling they can be tough to handle.Especially on offense.

Thinking about it a bit more, I recall last year and the Colts - Chargers game. I watched figuring it would be a good game, but not really liking either team. From the first drive I found myself rooting for the Chargers; I guess something similar will happen this year.

Seems like there are a lot more teams, players, and/or fan bases that I don't want to see win, than there are that I do want to win. Some are just more extremely wretched than others, such as the possibility of a Manning - Manning super bowl (or, a month ago, the thought of the Favre-fest and a NY - NY super bowl.)

NFC
Giants - want to see them lose due to the NY over exposure angle, they've already won, and a possible hit on the Pats being the team of the decade. I do respect the wu the FO does things and their defense, and similar to Philly & TO, it would make me smile to see them win first without Shockey and now without Plaxico - but not enough to root for them.

Panthers - like the running game and Delhomme. Not much to get excited about, but other than Steve Smith's fists there's not much to dislike.

Vikings - similar to the Panthers but even more non-descript than Carolina. Adrian Peterson would be worth watching, but tough to root for Childress.

Arizona - yeah, I could root for Kurt Warner, but that would mean we'll start seeing Mrs. Warner all the time again. The passing game would be fun to watch but why root for a team that barely deserves to be in the playoffs? Plus, the Bidwells do not deserve a championship.

Falcons - great stories with the turnaround of ateam expected to be among the NFL's worst, with local connections such as BC's Matt Ryan and former Pat Tom Dimitroff. On the other hand Atlanta fans are about the least deserving of a pro sports championship.

Eagles - as mentioned above, great respect for the front office and head coach. Would be nice to see McNabb win and stick it to the fans and TO. Westbrook is an exciting player to watch. But Philly fans don't deserve another champion.

AFC

Titans - while Kerry Collins getting another shot is a great story, do any of us want to see Jeff Fisher and his cut blockers win?

Steelers - another situation of a team with a front office that I admire and respect, but with a fan base (apologies to Dino5Rings) that is mostly out of touch. While constantly congratulating themselves for being the NFL's best fans, they're obsessed to the point of paranoia with the Pats. Nobody brings up spygate and the word 'cheating' more than this group, perhaps out of their fear the Pats will pass them in Lombardi trophies - of which only one happened in most of their lifetimes.

Dolphins - another story about the underdog turning things around, usually something that is easy to get behind. Even though they're a division rival and knocked us out of the playoffs, I feel good for Pennington - and even better that he's doing it without a Jets uniform on. On the other hand, do we want to feed Parcell's ego to the point it expands and blast a hole in the ozone layer?

Chargers - on one hand there's Rivers, who I've come to like, and then there's one of the NFL's biggest whiners, Mr. Classy himself - LaDainian Tomlinson. Another fan base that doesn't deserve a championship in my opinion, due to their overall lack of knowledge of the game, and minimal support of a winning team.

Colts - Bill 'break his f'ing leg while I pump in more noise on the PA' Polian, he of the committe to make rules that help his own team. Saint Dungy. Marvin Harrison and his car wash. Plus this is a team that has already won; I don't want the Colts to win again and have the possibility of the pats being the team of the decade brought in to question. I really like Saturday, Sanders and Clark, but that's not nearly enough to root for the Colts.

Ravens - Another turnaround, rookie coach, rookie QB feel good story. But how do you have a feel good story when a man who plea bargained his way out of a murder charge is the face of your team? Too bad Ed reed signed an extension, I would have really liked to have seen him as a Patriot.

So I guess I'll be rooting for Miami and San Diego this weekend, and probably Carolina next week. Other than that I don't know who I'll be cheering on.

Remember our meeting at TX Stadium last year? Your offense really picked apart our pass coverages every which way a good one. Plus I couldn't believe the bad tackling in front of my eyes.

Why other teams last year didn't expose our D like that was beyond me(all I heard mostly was how Wade turned around the D). This year-not so much...even the mediocre Ravens offense made us look silly.

You also should count DeSean Jackson as a threat besides Westbrook in that offense. Aside from dropping footballs two yards before the end zone, that guy is a beast of a wide receiver. Super fast with good receiving skills and appears to be a pretty good route runner from what I've seen from him.

I'm rooting for Carolina all the way. I loved beating them in SB38 but the speech from Jake Delhomme afterwards has kind of stuck with me over the last 5 years. He described being roped off and casted out from the winners circle. He wanted to be on the podium pretty bad and of course there had to be a winner and loser. I wouldn't mind seeing him and the Panthers get that chance to make up for a lost title. He seems like a class guy and worthy champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes