PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Religion

HAMMERMILL

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Maybe it's time to start a new religion.
A seperation between church and state allows it!
I'll start-
1)Every citizen has a right to do what they wish as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Last edited:
HAMMERMILL said:
I'll start-
1)Every citizen has a right to do what they wish as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

I'm all for starting something new but the followers
must either comprehend themselves or this song:

REM - Begin the Begin
(chorus)
Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
The insurgency began and you missed it
I looked for it and I found it
Miles Standish proud, congratulate me

A philanderer's tie, a murderer's shoe

Life's rich demand creates supply in the hand
Of the powers, the only vote that matters
Silence means security silence means approval
On Zenith, on the TV, tiger run around the tree
Follow the leader, run and turn into butter

Let's begin again, begin the begin
Let's begin again like Martin Luther zen
The mythology begins the begin
Answer me a question I can't itemize
I can't think clear, you look to me for reason
It's not there, I can't even rhyme here in the begin

Example: the finest example is you

(repeat chorus)

Let's begin again

HAMMERMILL said:
waiting for you tune-lol

I suggest a radical new religious concept that will unite Grogan2767 and 3 to be 4 in blissful brotherhood forever: progressive fundamentalist Christianatheism. It is the ultimate all-inclusive sect, where one can fervently believe and not believe at the same time. Drug addicts do it, schizophrenics do it, why not religionists? It's all a head game anyway, because the way these people approach religion has nothing to do with spirituality. I maintain that Christianatheism is the best hope for all those who are so disconnected within themselves that they must shout at the mirror (i.e., post religionist rants on a pro football team's Internet messageboard).

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
I suggest a radical new religious concept that will unite Grogan2767 and 3 to be 4 in blissful brotherhood forever: progressive fundamentalist Christianatheism. It is the ultimate all-inclusive sect, where one can fervently believe and not believe at the same time. Drug addicts do it, schizophrenics do it, why not religionists? It's all a head game anyway, because the way these people approach religion has nothing to do with spirituality. I maintain that Christianatheism is the best hope for all those who are so disconnected within themselves that they must shout at the mirror (i.e., post religionist rants on a pro football team's Internet messageboard).

It's pragmatic given this forum but it seems too inclusive. I need to feel superior in my religious views.......

Clonamery said:
It's pragmatic given this forum but it seems too inclusive. I need to feel superior in my religious views.......

No problem. You can adopt Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Oprah Winfrey-ism, NASCAR-ism, etc. -- there's lots to choose from out there with equal opportunity for intolerant religious chauvenism.

Last edited:
HAMMERMILL said:
I'll start-

Wow! Serious stuff to think about over my muesli!

I've got a few problems with organized religion.

First off, there's the fanaticism and persecution. Got to put a stop to that -- though I've got to admit that the Soviet Union and China managed a lot of fanaticism and persecution even without God ...

Then there's the problem of Evil -- you know, death, disease, earthquakes, hurricanes, that kind of stuff -- the point where the happy-clappy praise-the-Lord-in-all-his-goodness guys start to wheel out the crap about Satan and Original Sin.

I don't have a good answer to that -- if you do, feel free to PM me. :)

But I did hear a great Jewish joke about it the other night (for Shmessy and PFinVa).

OK. The Jews in Auschwitz decide to put God on trial. They discuss back and forth the whole day whether he is responsible for their sufferings and, in they end, they vote and find him guilty. "Right," says the rabbi, "we've found God guilty. Now let's daven Mincha". [= evening prayers]

Finally, there is sex.

Religions control people through making them feel guilty about sex so they either go through life completely inhibited or reject religion and rebel into promiscuity.

So here is my positive suggestion.

In my new religion, it would be compulsory to have sex on your sixteenth birthday. In public. In front of all your friends and family, with videos, presents and a party -- Confirmation/First Communion/Bar Mitzvah, all rolled into one.

You can imagine the conversation:

Mrs A: And Ellie. How old would she be now? It must be time for her Banging?

Mrs B: Oh yes -- we can hardly think about anything else.

She insisted we get that dark-haired boy from Sextastic. You wouldn't believe how expensive he is, but she wouldn't have anyone else. He has a waiting list of two years but we're old clients -- his father did me -- and so he offered to squeeze Ellie in.

Mrs A: How exciting! Is she nervous?

Mrs B: Well, she pretends that she's not -- you know how teenagers are. But I think she's been practising in secret with her cousin.

:D

Last edited:
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's slot machine, even if it is hitting on every other spin.

PatsFanInVa said:
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's slot machine, even if it is hitting on every other spin.
Thats' just blasphmy,CAPITALISM is built on that:p

I maintain that Christianatheism is the best hope for all those who are so disconnected within themselves that they must shout at the mirror (i.e., post religionist rants on a pro football team's Internet messageboard).

classic line right there... when I finally write a book that's going to be inside the cover (properly cited, of course!)

I'll start-
It's called Constitutionalism

I have no problem with religion, my problem is white haired old men ( I am grey so don't say I am insensitive or not PC) making decisions we all have to live with and if we don't we go to hell or purgatory.

I'm a devout Pastafarian.

Last edited:
One of the more fun religions:

http://www.venganza.org/

I saw this on Wikipedia a while ago. The guy who created the religion did it to make fun of organized religion as well as just have fun.

EDIT: I'm gunna use that link for the political site... look for: "Direct correlation for Global Warming" or something along those lines ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for starting something new but the followers
must either comprehend themselves or this song:

REM - Begin the Begin
(chorus)
Birdie in the hand for life's rich demand
The insurgency began and you missed it
I looked for it and I found it
Miles Standish proud, congratulate me

Life's rich demand creates supply in the hand
Of the powers, the only vote that matters
Silence means security silence means approval
On Zenith, on the TV, tiger run around the tree
Follow the leader, run and turn into butter

Let's begin again like Martin Luther zen
The mythology begins the begin
Answer me a question I can't itemize
I can't think clear, you look to me for reason
It's not there, I can't even rhyme here in the begin

Example: the finest example is you

(repeat chorus)

Let's begin again

These guys sang about "losing their religion".

Can't give up in the middle of the fight! Got to keep on looking!!

//

Fog, "Losing [one's] religion" is an expression in the South for losing faith in anything. As in... "How's it going with that wife issue..." "I dunno man, I'm losing my religion..."

We gotta do something about all the literal-mindedness around here! LOL

PFnV

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes