PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Power Rankings: Patriots 9th???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell him what? That he doesn't have a right to his own opinion?

I'd certainly rank them higher, but it doesn't matter.

Why not send a copy to Rodney? He loves that Rodney Dangerfield thing.:D

What a defense! They not only hold Arizona to 23 despite 6 Grossman turnovers resulting in multiple short fields, but they put it upon themselves to find 3 TD's in the last 16 minutes.

Last I checked, that defense! allowed 20 points in the first half alone to an extremely weak team. The fact that they got their act together in the second half doesn't make up for that.

Crappy ranking, and not just cause we're 9th.

Last edited:
Great ranking! We climbed a spot from a BYE week! Imagine where we will be next week :D

i really don't care too - personally at the moment i rank the Pats at # 5

SPAM. Who gives a bleep about power rankings anyways.

When you combine the power rankings with the rankings for our receivers we might as well forfeit the season.:bricks:

I would have put us ahead of Jax, Philly and Carolina, but other than that, it's okay :)

-staley- said:
Looks to me like some pathetic loser is trying to generate hits on his website so he is making some controversial ranking in order to get fans of Team X (where, this week, Team X is the Patriots) to get all up and arms and talk about what a moron the aforementioned pathetic loser is. Then he gets a shill (or, most likely, he himself is the shill) to fake some outrage in a few of Team X's public newsgroups to generate discussion and thereby improve his overall recognizeability (yes I just made up a word).

It's called "The Borges Maneuver". We're all really quite familiar with it.

Why not #1? After all we played so well against the aweful teams, and split against the two good teams we've played. When JAX played the jets they beat them 41-0. We just haven't lookde good winning, except against Cinci, and the Denver game made up for that.

Have we been playing better than Chicago, N.O. and Seattle?
Have we been playing better than Indy, SD, and Denver?
Have we even been playing better than Jacksonville?

With my homer bias, and bias against the NFC, I would probably rate the pats at #5 also. However, even #8 is reasonable to me.

The patriots are often playing like the #8 team or worse early in the year. Understand that we are playing like a playoff team, and are heavy division favorites, and are 4-1. Do all of us homers expect the patriots to be playing like a #1 team later this year? Of course we do! The playoffs are not being played after this bye. That game after the bye takes place much later in the season. All the teams have much time to improve, and our history is to improve more than others late in the season.

italianpatthepatriot said:
i really don't care too - personally at the moment i rank the Pats at # 5

Last edited:
who really cares what those losers on ESPN say..everyone knows the patriots are better than everyone else and as a patriots fan all of you guys should know this..DUUHHHHHHH

QuiGon said:
Looks to me like some pathetic loser is trying to generate hits on his website so he is making some controversial ranking in order to get fans of Team X (where, this week, Team X is the Patriots) to get all up and arms and talk about what a moron the aforementioned pathetic loser is. Then he gets a shill (or, most likely, he himself is the shill) to fake some outrage in a few of Team X's public newsgroups to generate discussion and thereby improve his overall recognizeability (yes I just made up a word).

It's called "The Borges Maneuver". We're all really quite familiar with it.

I was just bringing people something to read and talk about in between Sundays. If you dont want to read it, or click the link, then don't. Most peope like to hear another person's opinion, even if it is a differing opinion.
Its not like I'm trying to sell you merchandise, I just suggested checking out a new sports site that people might want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back