PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Perspectives of Kraft's Stories over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.

edkk323

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Kraft being a push-over and a bend-over becomes obvious.

He allows the League calls our beloved Pats a repeated CHEATER. "For the greater good of the League," he swallowed it. For his wallet, Kraft swallowed it and effectively sold out the fans. Kraft, you piece of ****, you do not bite the hands that feed you. The fans feed you, not the guy doing you from the behind.

What I think now

“I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,’ ” Kraft told the crowd at Carnegie Hall’s Medal of Excellence gala at the Waldorf-Astoria.“I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”
No you would not. Kraft probably shxxt himself cuz he is a push-over.

"I do not work for Tom Brady"- Kraft
You do not work for your fans neither.

In conclusion, I do not care if the League takes away all the punishment and gives the team three first round picks. Kraft allowed the League called Pats a repeated cheater and he accepted it?!?!

Now if TB and BB hug Kraft and support Kraft, if Kraft's ugly face is in every picture of the Pats' future wins, if some fans show up to home game with posters against Kraft ,will they get removed from the stadium?

how THESE makes you feel? I do not know. I am lost.
Now, whatever Kraft does or says, I will think it is PHONY.

Dude cmon don't start talking trash about his relationship with his dead wife. That crosses the line.

Dude cmon don't start talking trash about his relationship with his dead wife. That crosses the line.

You are right

It makes me reassess all these years of defending Kraft from the accusations of him not spending as much as he could on the team. I always believed that he had the best interests of the team at heart so I trusted him on those matters. Now that its clear that he doesn't have the best interests of the team who knows what he was doing.

After thinking about this, I think I know RK's actual agenda. RK is 73, and wants to, in the near future, hand down the organization to Jonathan Kraft. I think what RK was trying to do is make sure he hands this down with the Patriots in the highest possible standing with the "full 32" and not butcher something he's worked so hard for, conceding at every turn just before he calls it quits. I think he was willing to take the personal PR hit with the fans because it will only make the transition to Jonathan more favorable. I don't believe in Kraft's mind this was the league or the fans, it was his legacy vs handing the state of the Patriots for Jonathan. That sort of explains the "trust me" part of his speech thinking through the long term.

After thinking about this, I think I know RK's actual agenda. RK is 73, and wants to, in the near future, hand down the organization to Jonathan Kraft. I think what RK was trying to do is make sure he hands this down with the Patriots in the highest possible standing with the "full 32" and not butcher something he's worked so hard for, conceding at every turn just before he calls it quits. I think he was willing to take the personal PR hit with the fans because it will only make the transition to Jonathan more favorable. I don't believe in Kraft's mind this was the league or the fans, it was his legacy vs handing the state of the Patriots for Jonathan. That sort of explains the "trust me" part of his speech thinking through the long t
I think Kraft sitting on several prominent NFL committees and open business negotiations worth billions of dollars factored into his decision today. Thats the thing about billionaires, it's one ring to rule them all stuff. I could be wrong and I hope I am but it's a hunch given the greater good comment.

I think Kraft sitting on several prominent NFL committees and open business negotiations worth billions of dollars factored into his decision today. Thats the thing about billionaires, it's one ring to rule them all stuff. I could be wrong and I hope I am but it's a hunch given the greater good comment.

Robert Kraft has no use for money though, I can't imagine this has to do with personal greed. What would more money do for him?

Robert Kraft has no use for money though, I can't imagine this has to do with personal greed. What would more money do for him?
When has mankind ever taken the position that more isn't better?

Kraft allowed the League called Pats a repeated cheater and he accepted it?!?!

I'm not sure that I'd agree with your wording that "he accepted it." I believe that he realized that he didn't have much support from the owners and that his options were limited. To me, that's a bit different from "accepting" the accusation. It's simply realizing that there isn't much you can do anymore.

I'm not sure that I'd agree with your wording that "he accepted it." I believe that he realized that he didn't have much support from the owners and that his options were limited. To me, that's a bit different from "accepting" the accusation. It's simply realizing that there isn't much you can do anymore.
All Kraft had to do was go through the process (whatever that may be) supa. That's it. For whatever backroom reasoning, he took a different stance, one that appears to leave one of the two guys who built his NFL juggernaut out in the cold. I dare say that's what people are disgusted with.

I'm sure Kraft has his reasons but for the fans, it feels like one of our own turned on us. That's where the betrayal begins and ends.

All Kraft had to do was go through the process (whatever that may be) supa. That's it. For whatever backroom reasoning, he took a different stance, one that appears to leave one of the two guys who built his NFL juggernaut out in the cold. I dare say that's what people are disgusted with.

I'm sure Kraft has his reasons but for the fans, it feels like one of our own turned on us. That's where the betrayal begins and ends.

I just don't think that Kraft could've done too much in this case, that's all. I think he reluctantly decided that nothing good was going to come from dragging this out any longer, but as you know--I certainly respect the other side of the debate, and can appreciate the frustration.

I do dislike the fact that he and Goodell are back on "good terms" again, but that's all about the almighty buck, so it's really not that surprising. I have greatly disagreed with the notion that Goodell's job was EVER in jeopardy over deflategate.

Right. He should have valued the support he would have given to the fans via a failed appeal over whatever business considerations were served by folding.

I just don't think that Kraft could've done too much in this case, that's all. I think he reluctantly decided that nothing good was going to come from dragging this out any longer, but as you know--I certainly respect the other side of the debate, and can appreciate the frustration.

I do disagree with the fact that he and Goodell are back on "good terms" again, but that's all about the almighty buck, so it's really not that surprising. I have greatly disagreed with the notion that Goodell's job was EVER in jeopardy over deflategate.
"“Any coward can fight a battle when he's sure of winning; but give me the man who has pluck to fight when he's sure of losing. That's my way, sir; and there are many victories worse than a defeat." - George Eliot

Mary Anne Evans does a decent job of summarizing my opinion on the matter. I acknowledge and accept Kraft had limited options and commitments outside of New England but by taking the course of action he has, he may have potentially alienated himself from the one group he absolutely had to keep on his side. Once the fan base loses trust in an owner, it never comes back. The only logical conclusion is Kraft is stepping aside and handing the reins to Jonathan sooner than later.

Right. He should have valued the support he would have given to the fans via a failed appeal over whatever business considerations were served by folding.
Do you think it's unreasonable for Kraft and Goodell to have hatched a plan that best served both parties both in outcome and PR? Yeah... further proof that the almighty dollar rules (which I have consistently said about the NFL owners for years). That's all that interests them.

Do you think it's unreasonable for Kraft and Goodell to have hatched a plan that best served both parties both in outcome and PR? Yeah... further proof that the almighty dollar rules (which I have consistently said about the NFL owners for years). That's all that interests them.

See, that's exactly why I never once bought into the whole "we have Goodell on the ropes" thinking here.

I think the general feeling amongst owners is that they are pretty happy with the job he's done for them, and that they are far off from even considering forcing him to step down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes