PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New "pavilion" to come at north end of the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, the urban hipster demographic

BTW, those were early 20 somethings poping up and down like gophers in the old stadium

What I wonder about this new lounge is how they will determine who gets in. They say it's for "season ticket holders" but there are 10's of thousands of them. Clearly this lounge can't accommodate all of them so how will they do it? My guess? Money & privilege. You pay or you're connected and you're in. A season ticket holder from section 323 who wants to see what the game looks like down there, fuhgettabout-it.

And are they going to put a time limit on the place? So if there is no time limit, someone could go down there for the whole game, leaving their seats open?

It'll be interesting to see how this works out. I wonder if it works out as well as Fenway Park's ill fated enclosed 600 Club?

What reality do some of you guys live in. Obviously most of us on here are the type to find our seats and only leave for a bathroom break but the majority of fans in that stadium are softer fans and coorperate people this is catering to them.

As I said not things I will really use but things that newer stadiums offer their fans and things that I am sure will be pretty popular.

I live in the reality where the former "big fan" who bought the team is now milking things for every dime he can get rather than adding seats in order to bring in more fans, and pricing out the lower end fans in the process. Are you thinking you live in some reality that's different than that?

What I wonder about this new lounge is how they will determine who gets in.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it will be private club with a healthy (i.e. expensive) membership fee.

I live in the reality where the former "big fan" who bought the team is now milking things for every dime he can get rather than adding seats in order to bring in more fans, and pricing out the lower end fans in the process.

Sad, but true.

I live in the reality where the former "big fan" who bought the team is now milking things for every dime he can get rather than adding seats in order to bring in more fans, and pricing out the lower end fans in the process. Are you thinking you live in some reality that's different than that?
Thats my point reality is Kraft should be putting in amenities that cater to the people paying good money. How evil of him.

Thats my point reality is Kraft should be putting in amenities that cater to the people paying good money. How evil of him.

So your point is that you wanted to toss out that "reality" nonsense, while having nothing really to back it, since "we" all get the reasoning behind the move and just think it's a bad idea?

Last edited:
What I wonder about this new lounge is how they will determine who gets in. They say it's for "season ticket holders" but there are 10's of thousands of them. Clearly this lounge can't accommodate all of them so how will they do it? My guess? Money & privilege.
I am expecting it will be a surcharge on your season ticket. For example, pay an extra $500 and you get access to the lounge.

So your point is that you wanted to toss out that "reality" nonsense, while having nothing really to back it, since "we" all get the reasoning behind the move and just think it's a bad idea?
My point is it's not a bad idea if the people that actually pay get things geared toward them instead of a group of die hards that want a louder stadium but don't don't pay or can't pay more than the crowd that's usually there.

My feeling is they may be trying to steal business from those pre-game and post-game tailgate parties (like the one Fred Smerlas does) where people pay a fortune and get a catered buffet in return. They may not be anticipating people lounging around during the game itself but rather coming in early or staying late to eat and spend.

Of course, that begs the question of why they put it where it is going to be.

(Double post - my apologies)

Lets build a disco club next!

What I wonder about this new lounge is how they will determine who gets in. They say it's for "season ticket holders" but there are 10's of thousands of them. Clearly this lounge can't accommodate all of them so how will they do it? My guess? Money & privilege. You pay or you're connected and you're in. A season ticket holder from section 323 who wants to see what the game looks like down there, fuhgettabout-it.

And are they going to put a time limit on the place? So if there is no time limit, someone could go down there for the whole game, leaving their seats open?

It'll be interesting to see how this works out. I wonder if it works out as well as Fenway Park's ill fated enclosed 600 Club?
From what I hear it will be offered to STH on a first come first serve basis for season long access and offered by seniority until it fills up. I think the "priveleged" you speak of likely are more after luxary boxes and suites but I am sure some will cut the line.

The red Sox have what I imagine is a similar club called the royal rooters club and our group of Sox STH have access. Actually pretty cool for a Sox game but I prefer my seat in 134 at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back