PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New pats uniforms (NOT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It Is What It Is - What in the world is Nike thinking?

Upon first glance, the purported leaked proposal from Nike to, ahem, re-design the uniform for all NFL teams will be met with some intense reaction by most fans who like the uniforms just the way they are.

Come to find out - according Darren Rovell of CNBC on his twitter page - that it was all a big hoax. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy also confirmed the false reports of uniform changes on his twitter page.

Nike didn’t release NOR design the Patriots look to the right, according to Rovell. One hint that they were bogus: Look closely and you’ll see the “Flying Elvis” logo is reversed.

Twitter / darren rovell: This new Nike Patriots jer ...

Twitter / Brian McCarthy: just to clarify, the artis ...

just to clarify, the artist renderings of NFL uniforms floating around ARE NOT from the league or Nike. stand down

I know you're making a joke, but the fact that some people think this is true is just crazy. The Mayans never predicted the end of the world, it's just the end of the last calendar cycle and the start of the next (14th?) baktun. It's just a counting thing. There's actually some scholarship that suggests that the common interpretation of the end of the current baktun is off by 50 to 100 years thanks to a mixup between Mayan and Aztec units, but I can't say how valid this idea is. End derail.

That was way too much information.:cool: Are you telling me the History Channel is wrong?

If the Mayan's didn't predict the end of the world in 2012, then someone else visualized those uni's and saw it as a sign.

New Patriots Helmet for Next Season

new-pats-helmet.jpg

Belichick was shown the new alleged design today and this was his answer

"Oh,Great a new uniform,But wasn't Halloween last month?"

I take it he dissaproves of it

Last edited:
On top of it all aren't we supposed to be evil ... I mean who outside of us likes us?

I know you're making a joke, but the fact that some people think this is true is just crazy. The Mayans never predicted the end of the world, it's just the end of the last calendar cycle and the start of the next (14th?) baktun. It's just a counting thing. There's actually some scholarship that suggests that the common interpretation of the end of the current baktun is off by 50 to 100 years thanks to a mixup between Mayan and Aztec units, but I can't say how valid this idea is. End derail.

Totally agree. It's about as significant as when I stopped using my 2009 calander and hung up the one for 2010. I try explaining that to people also, and they act like *I* am the crazy one.

These are perfect....if,you're one of the Flying Wallendas:wha:

Today I saw a guy on a street corner holding a big sign that Judgment Day Is Nigh. A classic scene, but with a modern wrinkle: he included a web address to learn more.

Last edited:
Jerry Jones will have a heart attack if he sees that uniform for the Patriots. The new 'America's team'.:D

They are awful and I don't like the idea of Nike doing the gear one bit. I hope this lawsuit thats currently ongoing against the NFL succeeds. From what I know of it they contend the NFL have no right to offer league wide uniform tenders, they claim that each team is a separate business entity and each one should make their own decision. Well its something like that anyways.

I actually like it better than the current jersey but I'd prefer they wear the red and white throwbacks every game from now on. Even Troy Aikman commented on how sharp the red jersey looked during the Vikings game.

Last edited:
yo would we finally be known as Americas team then?

i mean patriot should be enough, the mascot is fricken minuteman.........

but maybe if we drape our players in the USA flag we can finally be known as Americas team?? just maybe??

oh and if they change the current blue/white................im gonna kill some 1

Last edited:
Some of the uniform designs are cool looking, some are butt ugly, but anyone that thought they may have been real is a moron who should never be reporting on NFL news ever again.

Last edited:
i hope this is a joke...they are horrible...

let's stay with the blue unis and Flying Elvis or red throwbacks and Pat Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back