PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Patriots Today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty solid for its virgin launch. Kristina Akra will need some polishing - I volunteer - but she does a pretty creditable job. I like the format. There's definitely a lot of coverage of stuff I've already seen on the website earlier in the week - edited clips from the press conferences, for one - but overall it's a real good start, and I appreciate the effort that's gone into what appears to be an exceptional NFL team site.

Lowe and Perillo do a good job - I like having one of the guys from PFW come in for analysis - and I also like the footage they use during some bits of commentary that might be a little stale otherwise.

Psyched it'll be available 5 days a week. Anyone else watch?

Last edited:
What the hell is with all the Toyota advertising? A truck commercial right in the middle of it? Sheesh...

I know you're kidding, but I think that's to be expected and is a perfectly acceptable mitigating factor to put up with. I'd trade the new, extra coverage for a few 30-second spots of a truck I'm never going to buy - no question.

I thought it was pretty solid for its virgin launch. Kristina Akra will need some polishing - I volunteer - but she does a pretty creditable job. I like the format. There's definitely a lot of coverage of stuff I've already seen on the website earlier in the week - edited clips from the press conferences, for one - but overall it's a real good start, and I appreciate the effort that's gone into what appears to be an exceptional NFL team site.
OK, clue me in. What on earth are you talking about?

In additon to a whole new look, patriots.com has a new daily show, 5 times a week, like a studio show, posted on the website. It started yesterday.

In additon to a whole new look, patriots.com has a new daily show, 5 times a week, like a studio show, posted on the website. It started yesterday.
Aaah... you meant new "Patriots Today"? The quotes would have helped make some sense of your header. I thought I was going to read about new players the Pats were taking a look at.

I thought it was pretty solid for its virgin launch. Kristina Akra will need some polishing - I volunteer - but she does a pretty creditable job.
Compared to Lori Baranski she is a major upgrade - and I'm talking about her on-camera skills, not her looks, although she is an upgrade in that department too.

Last edited:
I don't link it. Prefered it with BLowe.

You can please some of the people all of the time and you can please all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Setting aside the juvenile comments some will make, I just have to say "You prefer a 5-10 minute highlight show to a 30-minute program with highlights AND analysis AND clips from press conferences, hosted by a hot girl and still INCLUDING Brian Lowe? Really?"

Setting aside the juvenile comments some will make, I just have to say "You prefer a 5-10 minute highlight show to a 30-minute program with highlights AND analysis AND clips from press conferences, hosted by a hot girl and still INCLUDING Brian Lowe? Really?"

I don't need 30 minutes. The former concept was good enough for me.

And a presumely "hot" woman is not a reason for me to like the show.

I will surely adapt (don't have the choice. ;) )

Talk about juvenile comments: Of course the new show it is better than the old one. It has a girl instead of Brian Lowe.

Right up there on my maturity list.

How to judge how good a football program is: by how hot the "girls" are.

Talk about juvenile comments: Of course the new show it is better than the old one. It has a girl instead of Brian Lowe.

Right up there on my maturity list.

How to judge how good a football program is: by how hot the "girls" are.

Yes, by all means, single out the clearly tongue-in-cheek aspect of my post and leave out the 30 minutes, analysis, p.c. clips and everything else. Take a breath, spacecrime. I realize you've randomly developed a problem with me lately - sorry for defending common sense and the definition of "rumor" - but maybe dial it down a notch.

It's not bad. Good selection of video, nice analysis from Lowe and Perillo. Now for the following comments, I'm going to sound like a grouchy curmudgeon, but hey, if the shoe fits ... :)

I still don't know why 2nd-tier news shows feel the need to play annoying background music while people talk. Do they think we're all teenagers with ADD? You'll won't hear a top-tier news or interview show interfere with the talent by playing music while they talk. So why do it on Patriots Today?

That and the gratuitous graphics smack of an amateur production. Limit that stuff and it will look so much more professional. Like white space on a printed page, the absence of competing effects focuses the audience on the message.

OTOH, I thought the Toyota ad and sponsorship was short and unobtrusive.

1) I like it.
2) My God, Moss is quick.

I think part of what I responded to was the extra footage I felt like Ihadn't seen enough of before that. I love seeing the practice stuff, especially Moss.

I think I've watched Patriots Today a grand total of one time and I didn't like it.

I miss Patriots Video News hosted by Dave Querzoli.

Last edited:
I think I've watched Patriots Today a grand total of one time and I didn't like it.

Hasn't it only aired once? Or are you referring to the old version? If you're talking about yesterday's broadcast, maybe give it more of a chance.

Yes, by all means, single out the clearly tongue-in-cheek aspect of my post and leave out the 30 minutes, analysis, p.c. clips and everything else. Take a breath, spacecrime. I realize you've randomly developed a problem with me lately - sorry for defending common sense and the definition of "rumor" - but maybe dial it down a notch.
Back at ya, guy. Dial your own self back or take some valium. I didn't single out anything. I quoted your post in its entirety.

You need to chill out big time.

When you write stuff that insults someone else, but you mean it to be tongue-in-cheek, when you read stuff that answers your tongue-in-cheek stuff, why in the world would you think it also was not tongue-in-cheek, unless of course you were totally devoid of a sense of humor (hint: joke).

p.s. (not tongue-in-cheek) I don't know who you are (and don't care) so I hae no problem with you. See valium above. Take lots.

No one here is your mother, looking out to make sure everyone is nice to you. If you don't like to see snippy responses to your snippy posts, consider not posting snippy stuff, or wait until puberty hits and you get some perspective on life and see that life is a two-way street.

Last edited:
Hasn't it only aired once? Or are you referring to the old version? If you're talking about yesterday's broadcast, maybe give it more of a chance.

I watched the first ever episode a couple of years agao whenever they moved PVN to Comcast (which is only avaliable in certain parts of the country). I refuse to watch it because I want PVN to come back. Also I can't take a cheerleader talking football seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots