PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Patriots.com coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Fred Kirsch announced it during Tuesday's PFW in Progress; he said it would be done by 8 AM Thursday morning. Apparently it's already happening, because their site now just shows a message that they're updating.

My guess is that the Pats are the latest to join the NFL's new internet network (think MLB.com's), where sites have a similar - but not the same - layout and design, which started last fall with BuffaloBills.com. Here's a little more on the program from the Bills:

BuffaloBills.com launches new look and feel

In a league-wide effort to enhance website content and user navigation, the Bills are the first NFL club to launch the new platform while the remaining 31 teams will follow periodically over the next three years.

Some of the new elements to the Bills website include a high resolution centerpiece throughout the site, unique player pages and a media lounge that will keep the site fresh and deliver an image rich product. For the first time, fans will be able to view video in full screen mode as well as a traditional modified screen view. The new web design is built to provide visitors with streamlined navigation and unique and dynamic content that will keep fans coming back for more. As part of the new NFL platform, buffalobills.com will have access to a variety of new video content provided exclusively to buffalobills.com from the National Football League.

So far, I'd say about 1/3 of teams have switched. Some examples are Chargers.com, Vikings.com, 49ers.com, BaltimoreRavens.com, Bengals.com, TitansOnline.com, etc.

Last edited:
what would we do without **** Steele?

thanks for the psa, Pats1

I haven't really liked patriots.com that much. I think that it tries to do TOO much and ends up looking too busy and confused. I welcome the change.

I haven't really liked patriots.com that much. I think that it tries to do TOO much and ends up looking too busy and confused. I welcome the change.
I agree. Since they last changed it, I've hardly gone there. Way too confusing and way too slow, even on a DSL connection. One of the reasons sites like PFT and PatsFans do so well is they're simple and they're fast.

It's up. It still isn't widescreen like the other new sites, and the roster and depth charts are still in their strange old format, but it's a start...

Meh, taking a look through it wasn't that much of an upgrade, at least so far. I'm sure we've seen the NFL internet network overhaul quite yet. All of the menubar navigation is the same. The only things that have changed are the color scheme and the headline/video area.

It still needs a lot of work to have a more intuitive menu structure and access to information.

I'm also not a huge fan of the jump page before the home page; none of the other new sites have that.

Last edited:
It's up. It still isn't widescreen like the other new sites, and the roster and depth charts are still in their strange old format, but it's a start...

I'd imagine that it's going to be tweaked around for a bit. Does look a bit better compared to the previous layout. Anyone know if the Proshop is going to get a new look to it? If anything the Revs stuff needs to let you narrow things down to jerseys, shirts, etc.

THIS is Pats.com

that other raggedy swillhole is an affront ot Patriots fan worldwide

Here Here! I agree wholeheartedly.

Cautiously optimistic.

It would be hard to imagine they could make it worse than the Drive-in movie multiplex on Mars theme they've been using for the front page.

Is it still left justified for you guys? I've never seen it centred in all my visits there.

Friggin annoying and childish to say the least.

Grrr I still can't watch ANY of the videos. Thats really going to piss me off once the season starts.

I was rather impressed with the bills sites lighter color scheme and cleaner layout. This "new" patriots.com seems like a rounded interface, new background, not really all that impressed then again I rarely visit patriots.com so it doesn't make the biggest difference to me. I was hoping they would use a template like the bills site (something more standardized that all nfl teams would use) it would be quite a overhaul instead of a upgrade as for the click here to visit homepage that is somewhat annoying along with the site not being centered. Ah well :cool:

If they aren't providing us full screen coach's tape video I'll still say bad things about their mothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back