Welcome to PatsFans.com

New Patriots.com coming

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Fred Kirsch announced it during Tuesday's PFW in Progress; he said it would be done by 8 AM Thursday morning. Apparently it's already happening, because their site now just shows a message that they're updating.

My guess is that the Pats are the latest to join the NFL's new internet network (think MLB.com's), where sites have a similar - but not the same - layout and design, which started last fall with BuffaloBills.com. Here's a little more on the program from the Bills:

BuffaloBills.com launches new look and feel

So far, I'd say about 1/3 of teams have switched. Some examples are Chargers.com, Vikings.com, 49ers.com, BaltimoreRavens.com, Bengals.com, TitansOnline.com, etc.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  2. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

what would we do without Dick Steele?

thanks for the psa, Pats1
  3. Bertil

Bertil Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I haven't really liked patriots.com that much. I think that it tries to do TOO much and ends up looking too busy and confused. I welcome the change.
  4. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

I agree. Since they last changed it, I've hardly gone there. Way too confusing and way too slow, even on a DSL connection. One of the reasons sites like PFT and PatsFans do so well is they're simple and they're fast.
  5. pats1

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's up. It still isn't widescreen like the other new sites, and the roster and depth charts are still in their strange old format, but it's a start...
  6. pats1

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Meh, taking a look through it wasn't that much of an upgrade, at least so far. I'm sure we've seen the NFL internet network overhaul quite yet. All of the menubar navigation is the same. The only things that have changed are the color scheme and the headline/video area.

It still needs a lot of work to have a more intuitive menu structure and access to information.

I'm also not a huge fan of the jump page before the home page; none of the other new sites have that.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  7. Angry Man

Angry Man REV-OH-LU-TION PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

I'd imagine that it's going to be tweaked around for a bit. Does look a bit better compared to the previous layout. Anyone know if the Proshop is going to get a new look to it? If anything the Revs stuff needs to let you narrow things down to jerseys, shirts, etc.
  8. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +529 / 13 / -12

THIS is Pats.com

that other raggedy swillhole is an affront ot Patriots fan worldwide
  9. Bertil

Bertil Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here Here! I agree wholeheartedly.
  10. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +356 / 6 / -8

#75 Jersey

Cautiously optimistic.

It would be hard to imagine they could make it worse than the Drive-in movie multiplex on Mars theme they've been using for the front page.
  11. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +256 / 3 / -2

#51 Jersey

Is it still left justified for you guys? I've never seen it centred in all my visits there.

Friggin annoying and childish to say the least.
  12. pwes

pwes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Disable Jersey

Grrr I still can't watch ANY of the videos. Thats really going to piss me off once the season starts.
  13. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

I was rather impressed with the bills sites lighter color scheme and cleaner layout. This "new" patriots.com seems like a rounded interface, new background, not really all that impressed then again I rarely visit patriots.com so it doesn't make the biggest difference to me. I was hoping they would use a template like the bills site (something more standardized that all nfl teams would use) it would be quite a overhaul instead of a upgrade as for the click here to visit homepage that is somewhat annoying along with the site not being centered. Ah well :cool:
  14. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

If they aren't providing us full screen coach's tape video I'll still say bad things about their mothers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.