Welcome to PatsFans.com

New Orleans to ask other countries for help

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Feb 6, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +319 / 13 / -22

#15 Jersey

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +448 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Nagin's just an attention grabber.
  4. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +319 / 13 / -22

#15 Jersey

I agree, he suck's. He's not trying to help NO, he's trying to help himself save face even though he failed so many people. I don't care what party he's involved with, he failed everybody down there.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +286 / 10 / -26

To blame Nagin for the problems in NOLA seriously begs the issue, as everyone has a piece of this cluster...ck; The state, FEMA and ultimately GWB. You need to think about rebuilding a section of land from Portland Maine to Groton Connecticut, and go inland about 30 miles. The magnitude is incredible and beyond anything this country has had to deal with.
  6. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Maybe Cynthia McKinney could go back and ask the Suadis for money if we accept blame that we brought 9/11 onourselves by siding with the Jews.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +217 / 6 / -7

Smart move on Nagin's part, attempting to embarrass the American people. Also, so far Chavez is helping us provide heat to poor people; who knows, maybe there are other countries that have more compassion than our conservative government. Also, today, Blanco, blasted the U.S. government, demanding more royalties from the government for offshore drilling. Clearly, Louisiana needs more money, and Nagin and Blanco are doing what they can to get it.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Nagin's done unless no one else want's to be the mayor, which is possible.
  9. Patters

Ratings:
    +217 / 6 / -7

Nagin's an idiot, but I don't think asking for aid from other countries is a bad move. In these selfish times, our government is probably not willing to do enough to help the poor and displaced, especially since a majority of them are probably Democrats.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The republican response is telling on this case. They could broaden their base in a huge way if they went in and supported the rebuilding effort of a poor, mostly black city in a Democratic stronghold state. I don't think they're interested in that, though. They've been sucessful taking care of the core so far.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

New Orleans will be rebuilt, it will be better than it ever was, the destruction of New Orleans is now a great weapon to beat the "Hated Bush" with, but have no fear, the drugs, the music, the booze the prostitutes and the con-men will soon be back.

Nagin is a slimey weasle CROOK but he is feared, it is not politically correct to attack him, he also will be back, smelling like a rose.

10,000 furnished mobile homes provided for "Katrina Victims" now sit empty in Arkansas, why?

The Katrina victims still live in Motels & Hotels, (room and board all paid)

When they are done, New Orleans will look like "Beverly Hills", (for awhile).
  12. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There is apparently 80 billion spent on this already. Nobody in NO knows what happened to the money. Its still somewhere in the pipeline. I wonder if Halliburton already spent most of that on lavish golf trips and ****tail parties for the K-Street lobbyists and crooked GOP politicians.

By the way, if the GOP were smart, they would be drafting legislation to criminalize eminent domain so that it isn't used in this case to seize people's land. Or maybe they secretly support eminent domain when it can be used to prevent a racially mixed, chocolate city. We'll see....
    As far as Nagin, what do you expect? The media has done everything they can to pin the blame on him, and Mike Brown is practically forgotten.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Don't you mean fudge ripple? :p Brown doesn't deserv all the blame, but he needs to accept some of it. You can forget about NO resembling its past look. Once the developers get hold of that real estate, the money will transform it. This is a perfect scenario for rapid gentrification of an urban center if there ever was one.
  14. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree. So where do you stand on Kelo vs. New London? (I presume Kelo) Its a tricky situation for NO.
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +448 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

The poor and displaced in New Orleans weren't property owners and likely weren't employed so they didn't lose anything. Whether they're on welfare in New Orleans or Houston or Atlanta really doesn't make much difference, does it ?
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 2 / -9

Liberals can never see the forest, there are too many trees.
    :bricks:
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +217 / 6 / -7

You're right, they didn't lose anything. They're all set. They don't need clothes, furniture, food; they don't need their neighbors or their community; while we're busy helping property owners rebuild, we can just shove the poor people wherever there's room. After all, we don't want them to return home unless they have some bucks, or better yet, unless they promise to vote Republican, which of course is the reason why the right-wing is not interested in helping them.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Your kiddin, right?...I though you would know my position on Kelo v. NL. I ALWAYS side with private property owners vs. the state. I think eminent domain will not be a factor here as far as gentrification of NO goes. The property is already in the hands of the wealthy (black and white) and they will be controlling most of the rebuilding of the evacuated areas. The city officials have already been paid and this will go quickly, IMO. They just need to work out an effective barrier and drainage system for the next big one.
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +448 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm not interested in helping them. I wasn't before the hurricane and I'm not now. Barbara Bush was right, albeit politically incorrect. This was a great thing for them. They had nothing before. No job. No money. No desire to change that. Now the country is falling over itself to give them stuff. Well I can tell you one person who didn't fall prey to those charities - me.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

AAB,
    I don't know where you live, but if you ever drive through Worcester, MA, you'll see the limits of the states ED power when you drive on I-290. It's a pretty straight road until you hit Holy Cross College, where the highway runs into the football stadium. You have to hit the brakes to make the curve around Fitton Field. Goes to show you how much power the RCC had in the state once.