Welcome to PatsFans.com

New Orleans Saints to raffle off Super Bowl ring with proceeds to benefit Gulf Coast

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Though they kicked our BUTTS last year, like I've never seen a team do in quite some time ... and won the superbowl, its REALLY hard not to like these guys.

New Orleans Saints to raffle off Super Bowl ring with proceeds to benefit Gulf Coast renewal | - NOLA.com

The New Orleans Saints on Tuesday announced that they will raffle off an authentic Super Bowl ring for $2 a chance with proceeds going toward Gulf Coast renewal .
    There will be a website established with more details, but it isn't active just yet.

Saints quarterback Drew Brees made the announcement as he was on a tour with his teammates of one of the areas impacted by the BP oil spill.

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

Re: New Orleans Saints to raffle off Super Bowl ring with proceeds to benefit Gulf Co

Good job by the Saints players. They came up big for their community after Katrina also.

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: New Orleans Saints to raffle off Super Bowl ring with proceeds to benefit Gulf Co

Good for them. And it's certainly more than the federal government has done.

4. pherein

pherein In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

Thanks guys, and we got lucky

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  5. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Great idea coming from a good hearted organization but I wish this would do more...seems like a drop in the bucket(no pun intended) than something that could do real good.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 14 / -28

They are really loved in NOLA, and have chosen to integrate themselves into the fabric of the city on many levels... the players, owner and organization have really helped this city out.

Do not dislike this team..

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The Giants got lucky, you guys deserved it.

8. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Saints are a great story and a great team and I was happy for them last year. The only thing I can say I dislike about the Saints is Darren Sharper. I hope he chokes on a rooster...