PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Orleans City Hall closing early today

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the way this city is run it can only be viewed as a positive when they aren't in their offices screwing it up more.

We are talking local city government. I kinda figured 3PM is the end of an average work day anyway.

Wow, the Pats have had to play 2 Super Bowls this season. Against the Jets and Saints. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think this is more flattering than annoying.

Just speaks volumes to how respected this franchise is.

We are talking local city government. I kinda figured 3PM is the end of an average work day anyway.

Ehh.....i wouldn't think to much about City Hall closing down for the game. Our government is probably the most corrupt government on the gulf coast , if not more. They aren't fans of real work, So any excuse to close up early will be used.....thats all.

I hope they're also putting up netting along all the overpasses.

If any city deserves the excitement and hope its New Orleans.

Those fans and people of the city deserve the best after all that Katrina took away.....just not hoping for the best tonight at least ;)

I think this is more flattering than annoying.

Just speaks volumes to how respected this franchise is.

This. Makes me excited to be following a team whose opponents each week consider the matchup their 'biggest game of the year'.

JSn said:
I hope they're also putting up netting along all the overpasses.

And this made me spit up my drink here :D

Go Pats!

Ehh.....i wouldn't think to much about City Hall closing down for the game. Our government is probably the most corrupt government on the gulf coast , if not more. They aren't fans of real work, So any excuse to close up early will be used.....thats all.

Did they go home early to pull the money out of their fridges :D

Man, it shows how much respect the pats still get. We haven't won a superbowl since 2004, and still everyone plays us every game like we are the champs.

New Orleans is a great, festive town with lots of culture, great food and plenty of hard working people.

I'm sure the dome will be rocking tonight!

Good luck Saints.

Go Patriots!

I tell you what, I live in New Orleans, and none of them better tell me they are thinking of this game as just "another game". This game is their whole season, and the way I have seen their faithful taking this one, if they lose, psychiatrists will be swamped with business for months.

Friday, my fiancee' and I were shopping at one of the malls out here. The three cashiers has a Saints' shirts on, and one asks me if I am watching the game. I said yeh, but I'm a Pats fan, so I am pulling for them. If looks would have killed all three their employees had daggers going through me. It was like how dare you not pull for the Saints ????

At lunch today, I go to my bank, and all the employees there have Saints' shirts on. I know them all well, and I have been with them for years. Again, a lady asks me if I am watching the game. I say yeh, but laughingly I said, I am a Pats' fan, so I am pulling for them. The rest of the people just jokingly laugh and said "Boo, Go Saints", and which I chuckled too, nothing serious. Then, as I am walking out, this one women, about 60 or so, that I have had no problems with in the past, makes the statement: "Well, I hope Tom Brady gets his neck broke". I just looked at her, shook my head, and walked out since I was done. Even the rest of tellers in the bank just basically dropped their jaws in disbelief as to what she said and looked at her like she was nuts. maybe they know something I don't know????

So, if they come up with that line of crap, it is just "another game" to them, BS, this game is their whole season. I have seen it first hand, this town right now is revolving around this game. If the Pats beat them, there might have to be a massive suicide watches. I understand and appreciate their passion, but sheesh it is a game, and only a game people.

EZ76

I tell you what, I live in New Orleans, and none of them better tell me they are thinking of this game as just "another game". This game is their whole season, and the way I have seen their faithful taking this one, if they lose, psychiatrists will be swamped with business for months.

Friday, my fiancee' and I were shopping at one of the malls out here. The three cashiers has a Saints' shirts on, and one asks me if I am watching the game. I said yeh, but I'm a Pats fan, so I am pulling for them. If looks would have killed all three their employees had daggers going through me. It was like how dare you not pull for the Saints ????

At lunch today, I go to my bank, and all the employees there have Saints' shirts on. I know them all well, and I have been with them for years. Again, a lady asks me if I am watching the game. I say yeh, but laughingly I said, I am a Pats' fan, so I am pulling for them. The rest of the people just jokingly laugh and said "Boo, Go Saints", and which I chuckled too, nothing serious. Then, as I am walking out, this one women, about 60 or so, that I have had no problems with in the past, makes the statement: "Well, I hope Tom Brady gets his neck broke". I just looked at her, shook my head, and walked out since I was done. Even the rest of tellers in the bank just basically dropped their jaws in disbelief as to what she said and looked at her like she was nuts. maybe they know something I don't know????

So, if they come up with that line of crap, it is just "another game" to them, BS, this game is their whole season. I have seen it first hand, this town right now is revolving around this game. When the Pats beat them, there might have to be a massive suicide watches. I understand and appreciate their passion, but sheesh it is a game, and only a game people.

EZ76

Good post...just had to fix one thing for ya.

So, if they come up with that line of crap, it is just "another game" to them, BS, this game is their whole season. I have seen it first hand, this town right now is revolving around this game. If the Pats beat them, there might have to be a massive suicide watches. I understand and appreciate their passion, but sheesh it is a game, and only a game people.

EZ76

Yes, this is the entire thing I was saying in my "they're taking it too seriously" thread, but you put it better than me :D. Hell a small part of my family (grandfathers part of my moms side) are native New Orleanians and they know I'm a Pats fan, hell I lived in Boston until I was 16, and they still seemed completely flabbergasted when I said I was rooting for the Pats.

Patssox, good to see fellow Pats fans out here in Black & Gold Country. Where are you watching the game tonight? I will be by my fiancee's house. We'll have to get together some time out here.

EZ76

Patssox, good to see fellow Pats fans out here in Black & Gold Country. Where are you watching the game tonight? I will be by my fiancee's house. We'll have to get together some time out here.

EZ76

I'll be in the Superdome trying to avoid getting hit with something.

I'll be in the Superdome trying to avoid getting hit with something.

Good luck !!! Hopefully, by some chance the Pats can build a big lead, and they start making an exodus. Be safe out there, my friend.

EZ76

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey