PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Oc????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I hear a LOT of people complaining about the Pats not having an official OC last year. I have heard stupid comments like the Players didn't respect McDaniels and therefore didn't work as hard in practice and such.

The one question no one has been able to really answer me is this. Who would you hire that would fit into the Patriots scheme and be able to run the offense the way that BB wants it run?

Yes, McDaniels was learning. They all have to learn some how. But how do we know that he was at fault? How do we know that it wasn't BRADY audibling because he mis-read a defense?

The Pats have a former OC in Manguarian on the roster. I am sure he was helping Josh out as well. Dante Scarnecchia and Ivan Fears have a lot of time in the system. I expect that McDaniels, with a year under his belt, will be a better OC next season.

If you don't think so. Who would you put in? Why? And how do you know that person would fit into the Patriots current offensive philosophy?

no

Not martz, see other thread. Ohh and i don't remember our O being the big problem this year! It could be better yes, but also look at who was out with injury!

The only shot in the arm our offense needs is for Belichick to figure out what it will take to get the running game back. We were far too pass happy this season.

Of course, having the entire running back corps and o-line injured may have had something to do with the lack of rushing production.

PATSIE WATSIES ARE GOING DOWN NEXT SEASON!!
YOUR FRANCHISE IS GOIN DOWN AS WELL!!
U ALL KNOW THAT! PREDICTION! PATS 5-11 NEXT SEASON!

BTW, THANKS FOR MANGINI! I HEARD HE WAS HAPPY TO GET OUT OF NEW ENGLAND! HE WAS TIRED OF THE SMELLY PATS LOCKER ROOm!
GLAD TO SEE TOM BRADY GOT SMACKED AROUND IN DENVER LAST WEEKEND!

JetsFanWhoDaMan said:
PATSIE WATSIES ARE GOING DOWN NEXT SEASON!!
YOUR FRANCHISE IS GOIN DOWN AS WELL!!
U ALL KNOW THAT! PREDICTION! PATS 5-11 NEXT SEASON!

BTW, THANKS FOR MANGINI! I HEARD HE WAS HAPPY TO GET OUT OF NEW ENGLAND! HE WAS TIRED OF THE SMELLY PATS LOCKER ROOm!
GLAD TO SEE TOM BRADY GOT SMACKED AROUND IN DENVER LAST WEEKEND!

Welcome to the board. take your trash to the interleague forum or get ban. this is not an option. consider yourself warned.

NEM said:
That's just it. The current offensive philosophy needs a shot in the arm, and change. Mike Martz...See other thread.

NO, NEM. It doesn't. That is the problem. The "CURRENT" philosophy was changed because of a variety of reasons, MAINLY INJURIES. Yet, you, in your FINITIE wisdom, insist on over-looking it.

Martz is an egotistical putz. He thinks he knows more than anyone else (just like MANNING) and its that ego that cost him SB 36.

Martz is NOT the type of coach the Patriots need.

Also, why is it that you overlook some things:
1) McDaniels was a 1st time OC.
2) There were numerous injuries to starters
3) Brady had his BEST statistical year outside of TDs. Better than 2002 or 2003.
4) McDaniels , if the rumors are true that BB was spending significant amounts of time with the defensive front 7, was going solo. And the team did fairly well.

So, nice way to not answer the questions, NEM.

DaBruinz said:
I hear a LOT of people complaining about the Pats not having an official OC last year. I have heard stupid comments like the Players didn't respect McDaniels and therefore didn't work as hard in practice and such.

The one question no one has been able to really answer me is this. Who would you hire that would fit into the Patriots scheme and be able to run the offense the way that BB wants it run?

Yes, McDaniels was learning. They all have to learn some how. But how do we know that he was at fault? How do we know that it wasn't BRADY audibling because he mis-read a defense?

The Pats have a former OC in Manguarian on the roster. I am sure he was helping Josh out as well. Dante Scarnecchia and Ivan Fears have a lot of time in the system. I expect that McDaniels, with a year under his belt, will be a better OC next season.

If you don't think so. Who would you put in? Why? And how do you know that person would fit into the Patriots current offensive philosophy?

Ray Perkins knew the system. More contemporaneously the guy who started the expansion Browns as head Coach knows the Offensive system. His name escapes me though. He was the QB coach if I recall...

Martz is a friggin' tool and BB knows it. Why people bring him up, as if he's good, is beyond me. He's a moron. The Pats had 6-7 DBs on the field during SB 36 and the moron still refused to run much. Just like BB knew would happen. "I'm going to win this ******* game my way...." What a jackasss.

He's an idiot of the highest order. I can't figure out for the life of me why his name comes up, especially for a northeast team. Not to mention, BB isn't going to, nor should he, change his system. McDaniels will be OC and far preferable that Martz.

J D Sal

Last edited:
JDSal45 said:
Martz is a friggin' tool and BB knows it. Why people bring him up, as if he's good, is beyond me. He's a moron. The Pats had 6-7 DBs on the field during SB 36 and the moron still refused to run much. Just like BB knew would happen. "I'm going to win this ******* game my way...." What a jackasss.

He's an idiot of the highest order. I can't figure out for the life of me why his name comes up, especially for a northeast team. Not to mention, BB isn't going to, nor should he, change his system. McDaniels will be OC and far preferable that Martz.

J D Sal
I agree, I would be pissed if Martz came over. DaBruinz...what is about you that you always have to insult everyone in your posts? You really seem like an unhappy person. Nem has an opinion about Martz..I disagree but there is no need to be a jerk and insult him for disagreeing..oh wait that is your thing. Cut it out already

nice

JDSal45 said:

J D Sal

great point, i had forgotten about that! Ya that's all we need next year is brady getting drilled even more cause we refuse to run! Everyone wonders why the rams always have QB injuries ;) No Martz!!!!

yup

hwc said:
The only shot in the arm our offense needs is for Belichick to figure out what it will take to get the running game back. We were far too pass happy this season.

Of course, having the entire running back corps and o-line injured may have had something to do with the lack of rushing production.

Bingo, we got bingo!!

AzPatsFan said:
Ray Perkins knew the system. More contemporaneously the guy who started the expansion Browns as head Coach knows the Offensive system. His name escapes me though. He was the QB coach if I recall...

I believe you are talking about Chris Palmer...who was fired as OC of the Texans during this past season.

KDPpatsfan said:
I agree, I would be pissed if Martz came over. DaBruinz...what is about you that you always have to insult everyone in your posts? You really seem like an unhappy person. Nem has an opinion about Martz..I disagree but there is no need to be a jerk and insult him for disagreeing..oh wait that is your thing. Cut it out already

KDP -
I understand that you are relatively new here and don't know about NEM. NEM doesn't just have an opinion. As for "insulting" NEM, its not an insult to point out the facts about a person. Sorry that you feel otherwise.

Also, you are not the board police. That is Ian or any number of moderators on this board. If they feel I stepped over the line, they will let me know.

Thanx... That's who I meant

cubedoggy said:
I believe you are talking about Chris Palmer...who was fired as OC of the Texans during this past season.

Wonderful!
That means he's available then. With that O-Line the Texans have Vince Lombardi and Paul Brown couldn't construct an offense. They never invested a dime or draft pick there...

AzPatsFan said:
Wonderful!
That means he's available then. With that O-Line the Texans have Vince Lombardi and Paul Brown couldn't construct an offense. They never invested a dime or draft pick there...

All true...I wouldn't mind having him back, either.

DaBruinz said:
KDP -
I understand that you are relatively new here and don't know about NEM. NEM doesn't just have an opinion. As for "insulting" NEM, its not an insult to point out the facts about a person. Sorry that you feel otherwise.

Also, you are not the board police. That is Ian or any number of moderators on this board. If they feel I stepped over the line, they will let me know.
New posting..maybe but I have visited this board daily for years. And Actually I was referring to not just one post...I posted w while ago something you disagreed with and you insulted me. I was just curious as to your methods...

I disagree with alot of what NEM says especially about the Martz idea(I remember when he was AWOM) but still...

No, talent and injuries are irrelevant. A proper game plan and proper play calling always produces a top running game.

mtbykr said:
Bingo, we got bingo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes