PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New OC/DC Coordinators for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i don't get is didn't coaching staff expect rex to go back to the tape of the ravens game from last year, the first jets game from this year and the cleveland game and anticipate an amoeba defense? i can understand if we have the indianapolis coaching staff, but c'mon, BB is supposed to be the best in the business at situational football. so the situation last night was the jets confusing brady with blitzes and showing one thing and doing another, and the pats can't adjust??????

i am absolutely furious with BB for running the score up in the 2nd jet game. did BB think that rex was going to go and cry after the loss? no, rex himself said he watched that game film TWENTY times. and yes, it left a sour taste in his mouth and they badly wanted to beat NE after that. if the pats had kept the score respectable, i don't believe ryan would have put together as a great a game plan as they did last night. BB running up the score just rubs people the wrong way. i mean if this were carolina, then fine, but the jets are good team that will come back to bite you if you tick them off. i didn't agree with belichick running the score up on Joe Gibbs and the redskins in 07 either.

Last edited:
Yeah lets bring back McDaniels, because the same exact thing didn't happen in SB 42 that happened yesterday! He'll solve every problem!

Let's not fix what ISN'T broken, people!

2010 playoffs - Rex Ryan defense scheme vs Bill O'Brien offense is a complete mismatch.
2009 playoffs - Ravens defense scheme vs Bill O'Brien offense is a complete mismatch.

Bill O'Brien is JV. The Patriots cannot handle aka make in-game adjustment to new defensive wrinkles thrown their way.
I'm tired of having a cadillac QB saddled with a JV offensive coordinator.

what i don't get is didn't coaching staff expect rex to go back to the tape of the ravens game from last year, the first jets game from this year and the cleveland game and anticipate an amoeba defense? I can understand if we have the indianapolis coaching staff, but c'mon, bb is supposed to be the best in the business at situational football. So the situation last night was the jets confusing brady with blitzes and showing one thing and doing another, and the pats can't adjust??????

I am absolutely furious with bb for running the score up in the 2nd jet game. Did bb think that rex was going to go and cry after the loss? No, rex himself said he watched that game film twenty times. And yes, it left a sour taste in his mouth and they badly wanted to beat ne after that. If the pats had kept the score respectable, i don't believe ryan would have put together as a great a game plan as they did last night. Bb running up the score just rubs people the wrong way. I mean if this were carolina, then fine, but the jets are good team that will come back to bite you if you tick them off. I didn't agree with belichick running the score up on joe gibbs and the redskins in 07 either.

bingo!
This x 100

what i don't get is didn't coaching staff expect rex to go back to the tape of the ravens game from last year, the first jets game from this year and the cleveland game and anticipate an amoeba defense? i can understand if we have the indianapolis coaching staff, but c'mon, BB is supposed to be the best in the business at situational football. so the situation last night was the jets confusing brady with blitzes and showing one thing and doing another, and the pats can't adjust??????

i am absolutely furious with BB for running the score up in the 2nd jet game. did BB think that rex was going to go and cry after the loss? no, rex himself said he watched that game film TWENTY times. and yes, it left a sour taste in his mouth and they badly wanted to beat NE after that. if the pats had kept the score respectable, i don't believe ryan would have put together as a great a game plan as they did last night. BB running up the score just rubs people the wrong way. i mean if this were carolina, then fine, but the jets are good team that will come back to bite you if you tick them off. i didn't agree with belichick running the score up on Joe Gibbs and the redskins in 07 either.

Except they didn't run up the score.

They had 12 running plays in the 4th quarter. They scored two TDs.

They had 7 yards passing TOTAL!!!!!!!

What in the world do you want them to do?

Theyw ere running the ball straight ahead and the Jets weren't stopping them?

2010 playoffs - Rex Ryan defense scheme vs Bill O'Brien offense is a complete mismatch.
2009 playoffs - Ravens defense scheme vs Bill O'Brien offense is a complete mismatch.

Bill O'Brien is JV. The Patriots cannot handle aka make in-game adjustment to new defensive wrinkles thrown their way.
I'm tired of having a cadillac QB saddled with a JV offensive coordinator.

well..bb is incharge why didnt he do something if what you say is true ? dont say he didnt want to interfere with his coords during the game. officially bb runs both o/d so its him too...

well..bb is incharge why didnt he do something if what you say is true ? dont say he didnt want to interfere with his coords during the game. officially bb runs both o/d so its him too...

BB got in OB's face in the 4th qtr. If BB would just hire some proven pro's for the co-ordinator jobs this team would be much better off.

BB got in OB's face in the 4th qtr. If BB would just hire some proven pro's for the co-ordinator jobs this team would be much better off.

i agree. im not saying mcdaniels is perfect but he's got to be a lot better than BOB. i for one do blame McD for the super bowl loss, but i would take him over BOB any day.

oh and another thing that ticks me off is belichick letting Capers go to the packers after the 2008 season. capers is a 3-4 guru and is doing such a great job in GB now. we had him on our staff as DB coach and we decided to keep Deen Pees instead????? C'mon bill.

Shouldn't Rob Ryan be looking for a job? After all, it was his defense, really, that beat BB and the Pats twice this year. Why not at least get him off the market.

Shouldn't Rob Ryan be looking for a job? After all, it was his defense, really, that beat BB and the Pats twice this year. Why not at least get him off the market.

He is off the market, Cowboys.

Josh is detrimental to a developing TE

Changing the OC will be among the most detrimental to progress. BOB has grown considerably from his first year to this, his second year. As for DC, BB was the DC. On defense though, the Pats really need playmakers -- both on the line and as pass rushers.

You don't change OC/DC simply because on a given playoof Sunday, the opposition came up with a throw-the-kitchen sink at Brady with 11 defensive backs who dressed and played -- combining for confusing looks and 36 tackles and forcing the Pats to make mistake after mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes