PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Nike jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I do like about the Nike over the Reebok is that they stitch on the player's numbers and names. I always hated the fact that Reebok used a decal type of application. Even with a T-shirt underneath, those things could do some serious chaffing.

Hopefully these images aren't overload. I am 6'2" 190 for reference. The Gronk jersey is a size 50 and the Nike is a size 48.

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

I have both Nike Limited ($135) and Game ($99) jerseys.

Materials/quality - The limited jersey definitely has some higher quality components (stitched numbers, name, neck flywire. However, a lot of the components/stitching are exactly the same (e.g. the stitching around the inside of the neck, the bottom hem, the NFL shield on the bottom of the v neck). The jersey material is either identical or if it isn't, it's pretty damn close -- I couldn't tell the difference even upon close examination -- right down to the stitching.

Fit - The game jersey is definitely more comfortable to wear and move around in. It's no contest. Also, I have a size small and the game jersey is a better overall fit, where as the limited jersey (in the same size) is a little bit tight around the chest. It's also about 1 to 2 inches shorter at the hem. Another thing to note is that because of the stitched on numbers in the limited jersey, the jersey has some weird creases and bunches up in areas where the game jersey doesn't. The game jersey just flows nicely.

The "shoulder issue" that's been talked about is less of an issue on the game jersey because the numbers on the shoulders are not stitched, nor are the logo(s) on the arms. Also, the screen printing seems to be a little bit lighter/thinner on the game jersey. Overall it seems a bit roomier in the shoulders and more forgiving when it comes to returning to shape. For example, if I reach up with one arm on the limited jersey, the jersey may bunch up in the shoulder area and I have to fix it with my other hand to return to shape -- not so with the game jersey.

Decision - If I HAD to choose one over the other, it would come down to a question of whether or not I REALLY wanted the stitched numbers, stitched name, and the v-neck flywire. Those are really the big differences. However, with those things, you compromise fit and comfort.

For reference, I am 5'10", 175 lbs, 41" chest, 33" waist.

A little off-topic but I wanted to note this for future reference regarding prior manufacturers of Patriots jerseys.

jersey makers logos on NFL jerseys - Sports Logos - Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Community - SportsLogos.Net Forums

PATRIOTS:
1993-1994: Apex
1995-1998: Starter
1999-2001: Adidas
2002-2010: Reebok
2011 (scheduled): Reebok
2012 (scheduled): Nike

I was trying to look up who made jerseys for the NFL/Pats in the 70's and 80's in case anyone can add to this list. I was actually surprised to see that each team had the manufacturer of their choice rather than a league wide contract with just one.

I suppose I could fill in some of the prior years by looking at what's on display at the Hall at Patriots Place the next time I get out there.

I like them. I got the next tier up from replica ( #s and letter sewed on not printed on from ****s for $129. very nice quality gronk jersey. Haven't seen one since. Next jersey will be a authentic brady jersey..he is going to retire here and is a legend...i am getting that jersey no matter the $$

I like them. I got the next tier up from replica ( #s and letter sewed on not printed on from ****s for $129. very nice quality gronk jersey. Haven't seen one since. Next jersey will be a authentic brady jersey..he is going to retire here and is a legend...i am getting that jersey no matter the $$

It's amazing how much better the middle choice is opposed to the lowest choice replica. The screen printed replicas just look so cheap compared to the sewn on/hand stitched ones.

I got the authentic Gronkowski jersey for Christmas this year. The white away version. It's absolutely sick. Does your middle one (I don't know what the hell Nike calls it) have that netting look at the bottom like the authentics do? I'd never seen that before. It looks like some kind of mesh netting or something at the last 1/4 or so of the very bottom of the jersey.

In the past Reebok didn't have that much difference between their middle choice and the top authentic choice, but it seems like Nike has some noticable differences between the two. Even the nameplate looks a lot different on mine.

One thing I do like about the Nike over the Reebok is that they stitch on the player's numbers and names. I always hated the fact that Reebok used a decal type of application. Even with a T-shirt underneath, those things could do some serious chaffing.

Actually Nike still makes that same replica version that is screen printed instead of hand stitched, so be leery in case you decide to get one.

They are tiered the same as the older Reebok ones. The cheapest Nike version (replica) is still screen printed. You'd have to get either the middle one, or the highest costing authentic to have the hand stitched lettering, just like the old Reebok ones. It's just that most people continue to get the screen printed ones due to cost (about 60-65 dollars).

The middle tiered version probably offers the best value. It doesn't have the screen print, and it goes for approx. 125 or so, give or take 5-10 bucks. The authentics are nice, but the cost is just too much.

It's amazing how much better the middle choice is opposed to the lowest choice replica. The screen printed replicas just look so cheap compared to the sewn on/hand stitched ones.

I got the authentic Gronkowski jersey for Christmas this year. The white away version. It's absolutely sick. Does your middle one (I don't know what the hell Nike calls it) have that netting look at the bottom like the authentics do? I'd never seen that before. It looks like some kind of mesh netting or something at the last 1/4 or so of the very bottom of the jersey.

In the past Reebok didn't have that much difference between their middle choice and the top authentic choice, but it seems like Nike has some noticable differences between the two. Even the nameplate looks a lot different on mine.

Not it doesn't have the mesh but you are right..the middle of the road jersey..the stitched one for about 130 us worth it. Spend the extra $30 for the sewn on choice

And Rob...nike does make the screen printed one..but for $30 more you can get the stitched one i have from ****s..10 times better..looks great

The Nike Jerseys are so much nicer. They fit a bit slimmer so the bigger guys aren't going to like them. But I hated the longer back of the Reebok jersey's they looked horrible.

Hopefully these images aren't overload. I am 6'2" 190 for reference. The Gronk jersey is a size 50 and the Nike is a size 48
I'm way too late to the party but both of these jerseys are fake FYI. Hope you got them for $30 and not full price.

I'm way too late to the party but both of these jerseys are fake FYI. Hope you got them for $30 and not full price.

How can you tell his jerseys are fake?

Not a fan of the Nike jersey; material just feels odd and the jerseys just look drab to me. I did just purchase a Reebok Jerod Mayo Authentic Jersey-White off of the Patriots Proshop site. Jersey had a sticker with the price marked as $260.00; website price was $100.00 and was able to use a gift card I had to drop my out of pocket cost to $60.00.
Site also has Reebok authentic Woodhead/Welker (might want to wait till Wes makes a decision) marked down and the Reebok authentic/replicas marked down that you can customize.

the only real noticeable thing to me is that these jerseys seems to get destroyed more often this year. numerous cases of jerseys getting ripped in game and players playing with part of a jersey missing.

The gronk one I got off ebay so I am sure its fake. The Brady one I got from a famly friend who works for Nike. If he can let me know how its fake I can bring it up with this dude and get my money back. I paid 80 not 250 though. Pretty low to lie about something like this if you ask me.

You watch 99% of the game from the overhead camera. The only people that should be seeing a lineman's ass like that are the other players on the field. The fact that even caught your attention is beyond me because out of all the games I watched this year I did not notice that at all.

if you buy a jersey on ebay..it's almost 95% fake. I have a fake welker and fake brady i bought off ebay..looks legit from far..but if you look at details..it's clear

The 12 does look iffy and the brady where the name is is a different color...that's a bit sketchy

if you buy a jersey on ebay..it's almost 95% fake. I have a fake welker and fake brady i bought off ebay..looks legit from far..but if you look at details..it's clear

The 12 does look iffy and the brady where the name is is a different color...that's a bit sketchy

I think its a diff color because its a part of the breathable fabric. Same as the sweatbox or whatever they call it.

The screen printed reebok replicas on ebay are all real....it is difficult to duplicate the holes in the jerseys and it's not worth it for most counterfeit producers to do so. I haveyet to buy a fake reebok replica off ebay....

I guess my question would be where can you get these for $30? If I have to nitpick this much I dont think I would care if I was saving money.

it is difficult to duplicate the holes in the jerseys

I bought a corey dillon jersey with holes in it when he first came here. bought it from a Chinese website that made fake jerseys..got it for $25 bucks..it isn't hard to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes