PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New nfldraftcountdown mock (11/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to say "we'll never take a LB that high" because you never say never with Belichick. However it seems highly unlikely. With McFadden and all the QB there, a moderate trade down would seem almost certain. Almost. Maybe not a great value trade down according to the draft value boards but still moving down some.

Ha Ha .........read this from Fantasyfootballjungle.com

5. New England Patriots - Laurinaitis, James, ILB Ohio State

It just pisses me off that the Patriots get the number 5 pick in the draft. Even if San Fran improves they will likely end up giving the Pats a top 10 pick, and that mean James Laurinaitis in New England. He will fit perfectly into Belicheck's defense and he will have a few years to learn under Brushci, Vrabel, Thomas, etc. And I'm sure he will be quick to learn the correct way to hold a camera when stealing opposing signs.

Well I just posted in another thread that I though Laurenaitis was the way to go IF we're forced to draft in that position. IF BB were interested in him, I wouldn't trade down too far.

Of course, I'll never predict that we draft a linebacker early.:cool:

I'm not going to say "we'll never take a LB that high" because you never say never with Belichick. However it seems highly unlikely. With McFadden and all the QB there, a moderate trade down would seem almost certain. Almost. Maybe not a great value trade down according to the draft value boards but still moving down some.

I think that BB will take somebody that everybody will say is a reach. "Who the hell is Logan Mankins?" :D

I think that BB will take somebody that everybody will say is a reach. "Who the hell is Logan Mankins?" :D
Yeah,and who was that reciever out of Louieville that shall not be named, at least in full. Deion who?

Last edited:
I know but he had at least taken Matt Light in the 2nd round before Mankins. Sure, LT, etc, etc, but he had taken an OL. He's never taken a LB on the first day in NE. Like I said, never say never but LB is the only position he's ignored so much in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back