PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New NFLDC mock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to get on you here, but were you not able to notice the fallowing:

Nope, it says :

"Updated February 27, 2008 Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3"

Hit RELOAD, you may have loaded from cache.

PFT says we would take Clady from Boise State before Gholston which I do not see happening.

Nope, it says :

"Updated February 27, 2008 Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3"

Hit RELOAD, you may have loaded from cache.

Hmm, that's strange. I'm sorry about that, but when I went there it truly said "Updated February 1, 2008".

At this point I'm starting to wonder if he's just plugging Gholston and Cason in at those two picks, because that's who he believes NE will draft (maybe he thinks they'll trade up for Cason)? I say that because I don't see Cason lasting till the back end of the second round. If he truly believes Cason is going to last that far into the draft than I'd like to know what games/tape he watched.

Note: I'm deleting that first message. Again, sorry.

Hmm, that's strange. I'm sorry about that, but when I went there it truly said "Updated February 1, 2008".

At this point I'm starting to wonder if he's just plugging Gholston and Cason in at those two picks, because that's who he believes NE will draft (maybe he thinks they'll trade up for Cason)? I say that because I don't see Cason lasting till the back end of the second round. If he truly believes Cason is going to last that far into the draft than I'd like to know what games/tape he watched.

Note: I'm deleting that first message. Again, sorry.

It's not what he wants but what he thinks the team will do. But he rarely had success finding who the Pats really draft.

I don't he really has a big insight of what the Pats will do. It is just a need/value decision.

Last edited:
PFT says we would take Clady from Boise State before Gholston which I do not see happening.

Do you think Levy Brown was a top 5 talent last year? no. But it did not prevent Arizona to draft him at #5. I would not be surprised to see a team reach to get a player at the position they need the most.

It's not what he wants but what he thinks the team will do. But he rarely had success finding who the Pats really draft.

That's what I just said. Maybe he's just plugging Cason into that pick because he thinks the Patriots will draft him, somewhere? Maybe he think's they'll trade up to get him, but plugs him in at that spot because he doesn't want to project trades? Who knows, but I doubt Cason will last that long.

I know, he rarely gets the Patriots selections correct in the final version of his mock. Sometimes he'll project who they actually pick in one of his early mocks, but that's out of the 4-5 different players he'll project for them during his various mocks.

Sporting News has not yet updated their mock (they update Wednesdays, so a new one should be up later today), but their 2/22 one has the following picks:

1) Mike Jenkins, CB, USF: The Patriots are about to lose Asante Samuel as a free agent, and Ellis Hobbs struggled through an inconsistent season. With a new dire need for a cornerback, Jenkins is the best one on the board.

2) Dan Connor, OLB, PSU: The Pats' inside linebackers are getting old. Connor could learn from veterans Tedy Bruschi and Junior Seau in 2008 (if both are re-signed as free agents) before moving into a starting role in '09.

3a) Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M: Bryant is huge and has the tools to replace whichever veteran Patriots defensive lineman leaves in a year or two.

3b) Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas: The Patriots can gamble on the ultra-fast Finley to see if they can develop him into the receiving threat he has the talent to become.

Actually seems like a Belichick first day, but I don't like Jenkins. For what it's worth, they had Chris Long 1st, Ryan Clady 2nd, Darren McFadden 3rd, Matt Ryan 5th to the Chiefs, Quentin Groves 6th to the Jets, and Vernon Gholston 33rd to the Rams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back