PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
1. Antonio Cromartie - I think this gives BB the shutdown corner he wants. Perfect for when Samuel goes FA next year.
2. Mark Anderson - LB Alabama, kind of a poor man's Wimbley but not really a step down.
3a. Greg Jennings WR W. Michigan (may trade up to top of round to get him)
3b. Charles Spencer Pitt- Can play OG/OT/NG and maybe center eventually
4a. Jason Avant / Mike Hass WR
4b. Clint Ingram LB Oklahoma - athletic enough to eventually play in NFL
5. King TE V TEch Good hands, good blocker
6a. D'Arrius Howard RB - Arkansas
6b. Brad Smith WR/RB Missouri QB in college but will play WR
6c. Brandon Guillory Louisiana-Monroe

mcbee said:
1. Antonio Cromartie - I think this gives BB the shutdown corner he wants. Perfect for when Samuel goes FA next year.
2. Mark Anderson - LB Alabama, kind of a poor man's Wimbley but not really a step down.
3a. Greg Jennings WR W. Michigan (may trade up to top of round to get him)
3b. Charles Spencer Pitt- Can play OG/OT/NG and maybe center eventually
4a. Jason Avant / Mike Hass WR
4b. Clint Ingram LB Oklahoma - athletic enough to eventually play in NFL
5. King TE V TEch Good hands, good blocker
6a. D'Arrius Howard RB - Arkansas
6b. Brad Smith WR/RB Missouri QB in college but will play WR
6c. Brandon Guillory Louisiana-Monroe

I like it except Cromartie. My preference, if we're going to draft a CB with injury concerns, would be Jason Allen. He's just as fast, quick, with worse ball skills but tougher against the run. Also, his injury was a freak accident whereas Cromartie's may be an indication that his knees can't handle the CB position at 210 lbs. Otherwise solid, although reluctant to go back to Arkansas for a RB after we just got burnt by Cobbs. I'll take their freshman RB though, in a couple of years. That kid is awesome.

PonyExpress said:
I like it except Cromartie. My preference, if we're going to draft a CB with injury concerns, would be Jason Allen. He's just as fast, quick, with worse ball skills but tougher against the run. Also, his injury was a freak accident whereas Cromartie's may be an indication that his knees can't handle the CB position at 210 lbs. Otherwise solid, although reluctant to go back to Arkansas for a RB after we just got burnt by Cobbs. I'll take their freshman RB though, in a couple of years. That kid is awesome.

I think we got burnt by Cobbs' indifference. He didn't seem to want it bad enough. I love the frosh Razorback as well, but I'd definitely take a chance on Howard in the seventh round or priority FA.

Hill, Marshall, Joseph, or S Whitner would be great in the secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back