PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

new mock...possibly

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiZ

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
thinking about changing my mock but im still unsure yet heehee.

The Pats seem to always trade and wheel and deal, so i tried to predict a couple of trades that would work out best. Two potential trades come to mind.

First trade is wit Dallas if McFadden falls to our pick. We trade the #7 to them for their two 1st's #22 and #28, and their 4th rounder #126. This is assuming Oakland goes with one of the DT's and the Jets look towards Gholston.

Second trade which i like alot is with Atlanta, they have THREE second rounders, and we got two 3rd rounders so if we could trade one of our thirds like we did to move up to get Chad Jackson that seems likely and good. So we trade our 2nd round pick #62 and our high third rounder from Oakland #69 to Atlanta for one of their high 2nd round picks #37, it all works out point wise.

So this is what came up, its a little better than my previous mock i think, I had to sacrifice my binky Cromartie but i think Jenkins is the second best CB in the draft and alot of people seem to be snoozing on him, and i think he would be a solid draft pick and starter in our system. Notice the Groves pick is one spot ahead of San Fran. <grins>

My logic is we get 3 really good players (Jenkins, Groves, and Johnson) over 1potential superstar in Cromartie. Im still on the fence on it but im leaning towards the 3 guys heh.

RD 1 #22 (f/DAL) - Mike Jenkins CB USF
RD 1 #28 (f/DAL) - Quentin Groves OLB Auburn
RD 2 #37 (f/ATL) - Chris Johnson RB/KR East Carolina
RD 3 #95 - Tavares Gooden ILB Miami
RD 4 #126 (f/DAL) - Dexter Jackson WR Appalchian St.
RD 4 #129 - Kellen Davis TE Michigan St.

The concensus seems to be that Groves won't get past the Jags at 26.

You have me with the first two picks.

Dont like a RB this high.

No way with Gooden as he is a Tampa 2 LB.

OK with the WR

Still think its a bit high even for Kellen Davis at 4.

The concensus seems to be that Groves won't get past the Jags at 26.

most mocks i seen have Groves going to San Fran. Jax dont play a 3-4 i think they would be targeting someone like Harvey moreso than Groves.

You have me with the first two picks.

Dont like a RB this high.

No way with Gooden as he is a Tampa 2 LB.

OK with the WR

Still think its a bit high even for Kellen Davis at 4.

you need to go check out Johnson he is rediculous. He would be our kickreturner and future Faulk replacement, deffinitly worth the trade up in round 2 imo.

Agree with Gooden somewhat, i think he has the size to maybe backup inside but he would be more of a special teams player and could fill in at any linebacker spot if needed. Dont view him as a pure 3-4 inside banger more of an all around utility linebacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back