Welcome to PatsFans.com

New mock from NFLDC

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Handel, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handel

Handel Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0

#75 Jersey

Don't care for it at all. IMO, every single one of those guys is a reach at the spot they were drafted at.

I mean, if Wimbley and Lawson are still on the board at #19, a trade up could happen. But without trading here's what I see:

#21 Lawson (Hali, Mangold)
    #52 Klopfenstein (Hodge, Griffen)
    #75 Hodge (Hagan, Hass)
    #86 Hass (Hagan, Norwood)
  3. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I like those picks except Marshall at #21. I'm still looking at Carpenter at #21, if we stay there or even if we trade down a few spots. Maybe Lawson, but I'm more interested in Carpenter or Youboty. If Manning CB is around at #52, I'd take him if we take Carpenter.

I really like Haralson and Parnham. We better take Hass either at 86 or 106.
  4. 14thDragon

14thDragon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't really buy into that draft.

BB and SP build from front to back. They like trenchs guys. So far lineman on both sides and tight ends on the o-side. I think that with the 2 lines very solid and the TE position in good shape, the next logical spot is LB. So if it is a LB or OL I am not going to be surprised. Anything else, I highly doubt it is happening. Marshall could be a great fit, but I doubt they try fro a CB that high.

Now second, third, and fourth rounds, I expect to see WR, CB, and RB. With maybe another tight end and and another OL. But this where they typically will pick those types, with a fair amount of moving up and down.

5-6 & 7, PK, TE, QB are almost certian somewhere in there.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

It seems like people are way too latched on to the Belichick Former Assistant thing with Fresno St., Notre Dame and Virginia (Groh being a former co-assistant). I realize there's significant history with our LSU draftees and, last year, Fresno State. But it seems like it's being taken way too far (although I do like Pinegar late in the draft ;))
  6. The Coon

The Coon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Im not high on Kai Parham at all. I dont feel that Combine numbers tell the whole story but when you run a 40 in the high 4s (which i believe he ran) thats just too slow to play for this defense in my opinion. Id prefer someone like a Tim Dobbins from Iowa St at this point compared to parham
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.