PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

new mock at PFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
An offensive tackle that I haven't heard much about in the first round?

I don't see why not, but you could pick anyone off of any D-1 team in the nation and you could feasibly say the Pats could pick them.

I'm not sure about Ross. But a OL as our first pick? Please say it isn't so.

For all the flack that Houston took last year at the draft, I think I'd rather have Adrian Peterson and Mario Williams than Reggie Bush and (say) Gaines Adams. Bush reminds me a bit of Meggett. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

An offensive lineman? With Darrelle Revis, Aaron Ross, Adam Carriker and Anthony Spencer on the board?

But wait, it gets better. Sears was a tackle in college but is generally projected to guard in the NFL. Pardon me, but don't the Pats have a pair of good starting OGs with long-term contracts?

Totally inexplicable choice.

I think Aaron Sears projects as a guard in many mocks. Still, I don't see it. Unless BB sees ten-year-tackle in one of these dudes, he'll wait until mid-rounds, if at all, to pick Oline talent.

Interesting to see Tank Tyler so high. Is he a 3-4 type nose tackle or better suited to the 4-3?

If the first 23 play out like that, I'd see a Darryl Revis at 24 and Adam Carriker (or Dwayne Jarrett/Sidney Rice) at 28.

Last edited:
An offensive lineman? With Darrelle Revis, Aaron Ross, Adam Carriker and Anthony Spencer on the board?

But wait, it gets better. Sears was a tackle in college but is generally projected to guard in the NFL. Pardon me, but don't the Pats have a pair of good starting OGs with long-term contracts?

Totally inexplicable choice.
PFT's league sources took him for a ride on this one.

For all the flack that Houston took last year at the draft, I think I'd rather have Adrian Peterson and Mario Williams than Reggie Bush and (say) Gaines Adams. Bush reminds me a bit of Meggett. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

There is no way a smart GM without a franchise Qb passes on Quinn for a boom/bust kid like Jamaal Anderson. That is pure insanity. Then again, we are talking about wacko Savage in Cleveland. He's liable to do anything. As far as Sears goes, if he can stay at 317 lbs, he could be a dominant guard. I would laugh at the pick too, if I didn't just see Marcus McNeil completely transform the SD offense and overnight become the best athlete on their team. It seems crazy, but I would have no complaint if BB decided to draft a dominant Big Ugly. Is Sears that guy? Other than D. Bowe, he was probably the best offensive player on the South at the Senior Bowl, if that means anything.

Last edited:
For all the flack that Houston took last year at the draft, I think I'd rather have Adrian Peterson and Mario Williams than Reggie Bush and (say) Gaines Adams.

Me too. But I'd rather have Adrian Peterson and Vince Young than Adrian Peterson and Mario Williams. :)

I am not a fan of Sears. He seems like a waist bender and not a natural knee bender. He will struggle with speed rushers and he doesn't sink his hips well, so the potential exists for big DT's to bull rush right over him.
He would however make an excellent pure road grader, if he learns to stay low.
If the Pats were after a true ROT raod grader, Ugoh could be picked in the third round and fill that niche much better than Sears or Levi Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes