PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New media attitude on pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bella*chick said:
I know, but it's hard for me because I literally almost HAVE to have sports talk radio or ESPN droning quietly on. It's almost comforting. I've taken to muting it whenever the Colts or Pats are mentioned, but sometimes I'm not quick enough.

It's easier to stay away from articles and writers I hate.

The good news is that there are some quality programs and intelligent reporters out there: Mike & Mike in the mornings aren't too bad, Tailgate on Thursday & Friday, Patriots all access on Saturday nights and of course Mike Reiss is pretty good. And you can always come to the Patsfan message board for indepth analysis and quality reporting.:D

zippo59 said:
Yeah but we complain when they're against us, now we're complaining when they're with us.

The reason we don't like it is because the media is still not interested in us, they just have to jump on the bangwagon all of a sudden, in unison, after half of a season of ignoring what is really taking place on the team.

The media enjoys the whole process of watching the Colts run up the score on the Texans and other teams on their supersoft schedule, they ohh and ahh and cluck like mother hens until the moment that the Dolts collapse and go home for the year.

The media doesn't enjoy, recognize, or participate in the PROCESS of the Pats becoming a great team each superbowl season or playoff year. The media simply wakes up one morning and jumps on the bandwagon in order not to get left behind. They never knew what happened, or how we arrived where we are today, because they were busy ballwashing other teams all year. Same as 2001, 2003, and even 2004 after we lost a single game to the wonderful, much more interesting Steelers with their supernatural and invincible rookie sensation who handed off the ball better than any rookie in history.

FSUPatsFan said:
Actually, I am more angry with the people who completely contradict themselves after the fact. For instance, leading into the week it was "Minnesota is a good team. Lets see what the Pats got. This will be a real test for them." Then after we stomp all over Minnesota I hear this from Woody Paige and Bill Plashcke on Around the Horn: "Yeah, but who have the Pats played. You can't just beat up on the Jets and Bills. Minnesota is in a weak NFC. They're not that good. Look what happened when the played the Broncos. They have the 23rd ranked passing defense.".

I feel the same way. The 180 the media pulled, first saying the Vikings were a good team and this would help prove what the Pats are, then when they beat them and I mean BEAT them suddenly they are not that good and it doesn'y mean anything.

zippo59 said:
I feel the same way. The 180 the media pulled, first saying the Vikings were a good team and this would help prove what the Pats are, then when they beat them and I mean BEAT them suddenly they are not that good and it doesn'y mean anything.

And yet no one ever points out the Colts get to play teams like the Titans and the Texans twice....hmmm, very curious indeed.

Yeah, they beat the Broncos and we did not. Now would someone like to tell me what the **** is new at all in that scenario?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes