PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New media attitude on pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
anyone else find this nauseating ?...there is so much a** kissing since last nite especially this week when we play the colts...i like our team mad against a big game, this abnormal media love is kinda irritating...just wanted to state my opinion..
any thoughts ?

yeah...I STILL want to punch Ron Borges in his big mouth

Yeah but we complain when they're against us, now we're complaining when they're with us.

All the media's on the bandwagon now.
When we beat the colts it'll get worse,If by some chance we lose.
They'll be hurrying for deck chairs like on the titanic:rolleyes:

zippo59 said:
Yeah but we complain when they're against us, now we're complaining when they're with us.
I look at it like bedding a hot chick,Get on early,or don't get on at all:rocker:

SVN said:
anyone else find this nauseating ?...there is so much a** kissing since last nite especially this week when we play the colts...i like our team mad against a big game, this abnormal media love is kinda irritating...just wanted to state my opinion..
any thoughts ?
I find it much better than being called like ten pounds of **** in a five pound bag like a lot of Patriots teams in the past were. :eat2:

I don't even know that it's all that different from the old attitude....I mean, it's different from the attitude at the beginning of the year, but compared to years past....it's always "Patriots not that good" at the beginning and then, "OMG, they might be really good....except I still pick the Colts!" and so on and so on.

What's nauseating to me is how Groundhog Day it all is. It's like they completely forget what they said the year before. It's almost EXACT.

SVN said:
any thoughts ?
These guys have no middle ground and no memory of what they said earlier in the year. The team they annoint is the best of all time. ANd the annointed team changes with the wind.

you're right. nauseating is the word.

I personally have never had any problem with the media forgetting us. It keeps the team focused.

The new media lovefest with us is a little bit excessive, but I think it's good because somewhere in the NFL right now, an upcoming good free agent might be thinking: take less and I can come here and could realistically compete for a championship. So far the media is all over about how Brady is passing the ball around. Think if you're a free agent, you look at players like Reche and Doug, in their first year and is in good shape to make a run... it makes you think twice aboutt where you're signing.

Plus it doesn't really matter if the media is ballwashing us, they will still pick the Colts to go all the way every year anyway.

Yeah thats how the media is... and especially when u play ur best season game on a nationally televised game, sure theyre gonna act now that were one of the best.... before we were just flying under the radar, now were in the spotlight.

Last edited:
The only thing these shallow turdballs understand is blow-outs...that's why they go ga-ga over the Colts and don't get the Pats.

Normally BB closes the playbook and lets the other team shoot its self in the foot. Then you hear the opponents say, "If we only didn't have that late turn over." or "The better team didn't win today." They don't understand that they were playing catch-up and that caused the risky play which in turn led to a turnover. If they got close BB would open up the playbook again and take more risks. How many games end in a kneel down after semi-intentional 3 and outs on the ground. Not real thrilling, but sound football.

Cincinatti was a perfect example of a game in hand that turned into a blow out with late turnovers by the trailing team...what did they have to lose?

i hate media

few weeks ago "Patriots barely beat a bad Jets and Buffalo team aswell as Dolphins..they have a good record but because a weak divison. THe loses will catch up to them"

now..."Patriots are only getting started folks. This team sitll has plenty stars and great job. Brady is as good as ever..doesnt seem to miss Deion. The Patriots knew what to do when they released the high quality guys who helped t hem win. They replaced them instead of overpaying and its working just fine!"

such crap.

Bella*chick said:
I don't even know that it's all that different from the old attitude....I mean, it's different from the attitude at the beginning of the year, but compared to years past....it's always "Patriots not that good" at the beginning and then, "OMG, they might be really good....except I still pick the Colts!" and so on and so on.

What's nauseating to me is how Groundhog Day it all is. It's like they completely forget what they said the year before. It's almost EXACT.

I think this is right on the money.
I couldn't agree with you more.

Actually, I am more angry with the people who completely contradict themselves after the fact. For instance, leading into the week it was "Minnesota is a good team. Lets see what the Pats got. This will be a real test for them." Then after we stomp all over Minnesota I hear this from Woody Paige and Bill Plashcke on Around the Horn: "Yeah, but who have the Pats played. You can't just beat up on the Jets and Bills. Minnesota is in a weak NFC. They're not that good. Look what happened when the played the Broncos. They have the 23rd ranked passing defense."

Michael Smith is one of the few media members I really respect. He is almost always right on target. He wrote a long artice prior to the season on how the Pats passing game was like the Denver running game (which other media members are now saying). His counterpoint to the 23rd ranked passing defense was that its because no one can run on the Pats and teams are often playing from behind. He did also agree that the Pats haven't played anyone real strong. Are the Bengals still considered a strong team? I mean Atalanta barely squeeked by them and they're loved by the media. And we stomped all over the Bengals at home. I think the Brocos game has to be looked at in a different context because the Broncos have our number and the passing game was no where near where it needed to be and Dillon was hurt.

The vast majority are painting the smiles on and struggling to say the nice things written for them about Tommy and the Pats. Peyton was elevated again to most impressive QB by a trio of ESPN belching heads who all swore he was doing more to carry his team. Marshall Faulk smiled painfully all through his rendition of Peyton can beat New England in New England just like he beat Denver in Denver - too bad he didn't believe. :D
Can't have any pregame hype if the result is foreordained by injury history or lack thereof. You can feel the prayers to Saint Adam of North Dakota rising all through the sport's media.

Well, if the Pats do get their asses handed to them like last year, the upside is that they will be back under the radar once again.

Solution: don't patronize the reporters that you don't like. Don't buy their papers, don't visit their websites and don't watch their shows. Thats all they care about, don't get sucked into believing that they have some sort of integrity, they don't. Its all about money and ratings, which lead to money. If we all ignore them, maybe they will just go away.

ChockBlkr said:
Solution: don't patronize the reporters that you don't like. Don't buy their papers, don't visit their websites and don't watch their shows. Thats all they care about, don't get sucked into believing that they have some sort of integrity, they don't. Its all about money and ratings, which lead to money. If we all ignore them, maybe they will just go away.

I know, but it's hard for me because I literally almost HAVE to have sports talk radio or ESPN droning quietly on. It's almost comforting. I've taken to muting it whenever the Colts or Pats are mentioned, but sometimes I'm not quick enough.

It's easier to stay away from articles and writers I hate.

Bella*chick said:

That's what I wanted to say, but you got here first. :D

Funny how we ALWAYS fly under the radar? A little strange, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes