PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Long Snapper Charley Hughlett signed to PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when the Pats had TWO punters on the Practice Squad. So using a slot for a Long Snapper is nothing.

I think Chris Jones is heading to injured reserve with a return designation, right now we have 7 DL on the 53 man roster, that is 2-3 more than we normally carry.

Either that or they are working on some type of trade at another position. I do not know, but I feel like something is coming down the pipe.

I think Chris Jones is heading to injured reserve with a return designation, right now we have 7 DL on the 53 man roster, that is 2-3 more than we normally carry.

Either that or they are working on some type of trade at another position. I do not know, but I feel like something is coming down the pipe.

Agreed. Wednesday would seem to be the deadline for getting Aiken back, if he's coming back. Same with most other positions. BUT....... the dust hasn't settled yet, and knowing Coach Belichick and his penchant for always trying to upgrade the team, I'd suggest we homers & fans buckle up our chinstraps and lace up our cleats right tight, because it's likely to be a real interesting early part to the season.

If Ninko really were to be planned as the game long snapper -- would he take all the practice snaps even so? On the one hand, he needs the practice; on the other, practice at his regular job is very important this early in the season as well.
I dont even want to think about that. A guy like Ninko can easily he a hand injury. Bad bad idea.

Nice, so now we can stop losing sleep on the Pats next LS....:D

Don't sleep peacefully, just yet, Spike. Hughlett is on the practice squad, so the active roster still has to go for it on 4th down and on PATs. That will be more fun anyhow.

It's almost a non factor. It's less than 50k a game in the event you release him later.
That's not worth not having him for 1 game if he is the best man for the job.
I hate how people make such a big deal about small guarenteed money around here. The whole week 1 thing gets way overblown every season.

How about this sleeper for long snapper.

Steve Belichick Rutgers 5:11 185 Class of 2011

Good way to give your kid a raise.

I see much the same, though I'm not sure I'd agree that they are 2-3 over what they need, particularly if more 30 fronts are in the picture.

Mods. If Hughlett is NOT the team's Long Snapper (just a member of the Practice Squad) could we have the headline corrected, please?

How about this sleeper for long snapper.

Steve Belichick Rutgers 5:11 185 Class of 2011

Good way to give your kid a raise.

Good way to get your 185 LB kid killed

Looks like the national nightmare is over :

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss1 hr
Long snapper Danny Aiken is present at Gillette Stadium this morning, an indication that he has been re-signed by Patriots.

Who would have thought it would be so hard to find a good long-snapper.. I mean, seriously..
Not sure why Ott, who was one of the best in college, bombed. Not sure if the two others long snappers who were rated for the draft caught on with anyone..

I hate how people make such a big deal about small guarenteed money around here. The whole week 1 thing gets way overblown every season.

$700K is not small guaranteed money if you want the option of replacing a guy with something better. The Pats were clearly not ready to hand Aiken the long-snapping job for 16 games and were actively shopping for an upgrade. If they had found one, it would have been stupid to hand Aiken $700K in guaranteed money only to cut him in week two. Would they do it? Sure. But, it wouldn't be the ideal cap management.

Looks like the national nightmare is over :

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss1 hr
Long snapper Danny Aiken is present at Gillette Stadium this morning, an indication that he has been re-signed by Patriots.

Thank God!
patriot logo 75%.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill