Welcome to PatsFans.com

New iPod Classic has less capacity

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Tunescribe, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,405 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

The new iPod Classic unveiled a few days ago comes in one size -- 120gb, whereas last year's sixth generation came in 80gb and 160gb. The difference with the new generation model is that it's slimmer (by about 1/10th of an inch) and has an additional program called "Genius," whatever that is. Anyway, I had been putting off buying an iPod for years, but ordered a discontinued 160gb model yesterday because the price has been reduced by $50. Apparently, people are snatching these up because I supposedly got the last one in black available at Macmall.com -- or so, the salesman told me. The new Classic sells for $249; I got the discounted 160gb version for $299. Not a bad deal for an extra 40gb, which I think I'll have no trouble making use of with my massive CD collection (I publish a music magazine). Anyway, just found out you can still get black and silver 80gb and 160gb models at discount rates on Amazon, however long they last.

2. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

90% people purchased the 80GB over the 160GB so apple figured they would just get the both of best worlds - thin iPod with large memory.

Genius is a new service from apple that automatically builds playlists for you - you play a song and the ipod will automatically take songs that sound great with it and put them together so you don't have to build playlists.

Also, I will never buy from macmall. They make their parts cheaper by taking the good parts out. Their macbook pros are cheaper, yeah... because they have cheaper parts. :)

3. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I just bought the 120GB one the other day... should be here tomorrow :D

4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,405 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

A big part of the fun for me is making my own playlists from my CD collection.

Huh? Macmall is a licensed Macintosh reseller, they don't make the stuff or replace parts. Aside from anything designated as refurbished, it's all new stuff directly from the Mac factories.

5. mojocaster.com

mojocaster.com Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Amusingly enough, my iPod arrived today. Great little thing. I like how thin it is :)
    And at 120GB, it will do the trick nicely for me.