PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New GBN Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urgent

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
A three-round mock to digest as we await the Combine...

Great Blue North Draft Report

Pats are projected to select:

DE Cam Jordan
OLB Justin Houston
WR Jon Baldwin
RB Ryan Williams
OG Ben Ijalana
QB Colin Kaepernick

Great haul.
The top three could quickly contribute.
Jordan and Houston could immediately start. A defense featuring Warren-Wilfork-Jordan-Cunningham-Spikes-Mayo-Houston would present a strong front seven.
Baldwin is a potential #1 receiver.
Williams would be right in the rotation at RB.
Ijalana could contribute if Mankins leaves.
Kaepernick, if nothing else, is a tall pocket passer in the draft who could develop and overtake udfa Hoyer.
Certainly addresses the needs.

Love the Jordan pick. Versatility is the key. And he plugs the run with the best of them. Will need to work on his pass rushing skills at the next level. But imo he fits like a glove.

Houston I like. Can't decide on whether he is a project or not. I'm sure he would help out as a situational rusher at first though.

Baldwin I hear mixed reviews. Has big time talent if you look at some of his reels. jonbaldwin82.com But from some people who have watched him. Sense of entitlement, took the year off. Motor issues. Doesn't really sound like a Patriot to me. I dont' know how much is true.

Ryan Williams is way too early. Hate the pick.

Love the Ijalana pick. Can't see him falling past 60. Getting him at his point is huge considering they passed on OT and G already.

Colin Kaepernick? No big deal.

The only two picks I like (since Jordan will probably not fall to us) is:
Ijalana and Kaepernick.

Ijalana would probably start out of camp.
A team like the Pats is just what Kaepernick needs. Good camp competition/insurance for Hoyer and hones his skills while working as a scout team QB.

I'd be thrilled with Jordan, but I don't think Houston is good value next. You've just added a guy who is going to pressure the QB from a variety of roles -- I'd expect him to be used in both Jarvis Green and Big Willie ways. So at 28, I'd turn to OT, take your pick of Carimi & Sherrod. I'll go Sherrod.

At 33 the options are excellent: Wilkerson as a long-term Ty Warren replacement, Watkins as an instant starter at guard, maybe Wisniewski at center, or the receiver of your choice. But Baldwin? Eh. I'll scoot down 5-10 spots, adding a 2012 pick. Wilkerson will be gone by then, but I'm happy with Watkins. At #60 I'll make Ras-I Dowling my future safety.

So that's Cameron Jordan, Derek Sherrod, Danny Watkins, Ras-I Dowling and a future pick through Round 2. Alas, I seriously doubt that Jordan will really be there.

I'd be thrilled with Jordan, but I don't think Houston is good value next. You've just added a guy who is going to pressure the QB from a variety of roles -- I'd expect him to be used in both Jarvis Green and Big Willie ways. So at 28, I'd turn to OT, take your pick of Carimi & Sherrod. I'll go Sherrod.

At 33 the options are excellent: Wilkerson as a long-term Ty Warren replacement, Watkins as an instant starter at guard, maybe Wisniewski at center, or the receiver of your choice. But Baldwin? Eh. I'll scoot down 5-10 spots, adding a 2012 pick. Wilkerson will be gone by then, but I'm happy with Watkins. At #60 I'll make Ras-I Dowling my future safety.

So that's Cameron Jordan, Derek Sherrod, Danny Watkins, Ras-I Dowling and a future pick through Round 2. Alas, I seriously doubt that Jordan will really be there.

I like your thinking on this.

A three-round mock to digest as we await the Combine...

Great Blue North Draft Report

Pats are projected to select:

DE Cam Jordan
OLB Justin Houston
WR Jon Baldwin
RB Ryan Williams
OG Ben Ijalana
QB Colin Kaepernick

Great haul.
The top three could quickly contribute.
Jordan and Houston could immediately start. A defense featuring Warren-Wilfork-Jordan-Cunningham-Spikes-Mayo-Houston would present a strong front seven.
Baldwin is a potential #1 receiver.
Williams would be right in the rotation at RB.
Ijalana could contribute if Mankins leaves.
Kaepernick, if nothing else, is a tall pocket passer in the draft who could develop and overtake udfa Hoyer.
Certainly addresses the needs.
Indeed, I think this mock is an excellent fit for the draft fail thread. Kaepernick is the only one I like.

Don't like Jonathan Baldwin at all. If they're going to add another WR, I'd prefer to do it through FA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back