PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Fox Mock... today

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Who is Chris Houston ?

24. Patriots (from Seahawks) Chris Houston CB Arkansas Senior 26th (+2) 24th / 26th
Asante Samuel is happy for now, but his pending one-year tender as the team's franchise player means the story will be the same next offseason without a multi-year deal. There is some depth with Ellis Hobbs, Randall Gay and Chad Scott, but Houston is a raw talent who could emerge into a top-notch starter in a few years.

25. Jets Aaron Ross CB Texas Senior 27th (+2) 25th / 27th
Coach Eric Mangini is determined to keep improving the personnel needed for the 3-4 to work at its best. But the Jets have a far more glaring hole in the secondary, where the current starters are injury-plagued veteran Andre Dyson and journeyman Hank Poteat. Ross comes from a powerhouse program and should be able to provide help at least as a nickel back early on.

26. Eagles Lawrence Timmons LB FSU Junior 24th (-2) 24th / 26th
Acquiring Takeo Spikes doesn't mean the Eagles are done upgrading the unit. He and MLB Jeremiah Trotter will be entering their 10th seasons. Spikes, who can start at any of the three positions, wasn't quite the same player after recovering from 2005 Achilles' tendon surgery, and defensive coordinator Jim Johnson wants to limit Trotter's snaps. It makes for a good situation to give time for the very talented but very raw Timmons to learn the system from a pair of savvy veterans on the downside.

27. Saints Justin Harrell DT Tennessee Senior 25th (-2) 25th / 27th
The Saints have a mediocre linebacker corps, but any linebacker looks better with strong interior line play clearing the way. Harrell's stock dropped due to a ruptured biceps tendon in 2006, but he's an underrated warrior who played against Florida before undergoing season-ending surgery.

28. Patriots Jarvis Moss DE Florida Junior 21st (-7) 21st / 28th
Patriots coach Bill Belichick loves versatility, and a 3-4 defense might be a good fit for Moss. He's undersized for a traditional end, but hasn't displayed the agility to move permanently to linebacker at the next level. One thing is for certain -- he has immense natural gifts, and Belichick is the man to figure out how best to utilize them.

Idiotic. Should make a good starter "in a few years"? Gimme a break. Either Aaron Ross or Lawrence Timmons is more likely, as are a dozen others. Then Jarvis Moss, too small for a DE and not agile enough to be a LB. If that's accurate, why would we want him?

I like the Chris Houston pick, but the Jarvis Moss pick is odd. I think Houston is one of the better CB in the draft and a very strong player.

There's nothing wrong with the Houston pick although he has a good shot to be the 3rd CB taken and could well be gone.

I still don't think we're going to take a DE conversion to OLB project in the first round.

Houston is a solid pick. He's the fastest DB in the draft.

Moss has serious character concerns, and is likely to fall into the 2nd round.

Idiotic. Should make a good starter "in a few years"?:eek: Gimme a break. Either Aaron Ross or Lawrence Timmons is more likely, as are a dozen others. Then Jarvis Moss, too small for a DE and not agile enough to be a LB. If that's accurate, why would we want him?

I agree. If the player does not have the potential to be a starter by the end of his first year, he should not be a 1st rounder.

Houston could very well have the potential to be starter within that time frame. It was the comment by the writer that was dumb.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6613528

Idiotic. Should make a good starter"in a few years"? Gimme a break.
That's not what he said. He said "top notch starter". That reads to me as "close to pro bowl quality". In a few years. Totally reasonable.

No to both. Give me Brian Leonard if those are the options.

That's not what he said. He said "top notch starter". That reads to me as "close to pro bowl quality". In a few years. Totally reasonable.

I read it the same way as Mainefan. Maybe because we are both from Maine.:rofl:

Idiotic. Should make a good starter "in a few years"? Gimme a break. Either Aaron Ross or Lawrence Timmons is more likely, as are a dozen others. Then Jarvis Moss, too small for a DE and not agile enough to be a LB. If that's accurate, why would we want him?

I wouldn't pick Aaron Ross. Don't let Todd McShay and other draft "experts" fool you, he is not first round talent. I'd reach for a bunch of other players first. His best asset is his punt return ability, and NE doesn't need another punt returner. I think he's a good CB, but he's not great.

Last edited:
Timmons and Weddle. Write it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back