New Forums Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
As we finally complete the site move which caused today's postgame hiccup, I made some changes and have added quite a few new forums to give everyone some more space to talk about different topics. I'm obviously open to any suggestions or any other things you think should be added, and appreciate all the input from those of you who did offer opinions of what you wanted to see here. So take a quick minute and check them out.

http://208.109.107.176/new-england-patriots/messageboard/

Ian

Last edited:
Superb job Ian!

Wow, was I confused when I came on board this AM, looks very good and a great job. notices hiccup yesterday PM, seemed to be a few on this board, and was extremely slow. Working very well now.

Just fantastic, Ian! Thank you so much.

One suggestion for an extra (sub-) forum would be a forum for "classic threads" -- ones that are moved there by the mods when they have run their course but would still be of interest to people coming new to the board. Good candidates would be some of the threads with reminiscences of people's experiences of earlier games and other aspects of Patriots history. (Not to mention the discussions of David Patten and the Carolina Panthers Cheerleaders, now lost in cyber-space (sniff, sniff).)

Will each of the forums now have its own mod? The General Forum (now happily divorced from "Religion and Other Light-Hearted Topics" (typo there, by the way) and appropriately renamed) has needed one to edit out the spam, if nothing else.

(Oh, another typo: it should be "New Members' Area" rather than "New Member's Area")

Personally I would much prefer those three subboards to be removed from the main board, they just take up space IMO.

Thank you.Great job,but I want college football discussion.

You're doing a great job of developing this site, I give you a mighty THANK YOU.

I'm just wondering, what happened to the general talk? If you choose not to keep it, then with what you have already done for us I won't complain.

You're doing a great job of developing this site, I give you a mighty THANK YOU.

I'm just wondering, what happened to the general talk? If you choose not to keep it, then with what you have already done for us I won't complain.

We're down the pub ... ;)

The Site Is SO Much Better

I love the new forums and, above all, the speed. Thank goodness :bricks: is back! The only thing that I've spotted is that the marker that tells you if you have contributed to a thread doesn't seem to be there any more. It's not just ego-mania -- I like to check if anyone has registered what I've said, positively or not!

Re: The Site Is SO Much Better

The only thing that I've spotted is that the marker that tells you if you have contributed to a thread doesn't seem to be there any more. It's not just ego-mania -- I like to check if anyone has registered what I've said, positively or not!
The little folder thing on the left should have a down arrow if you've posted to that thread. It's hard to see, the old one was better.

And I still don't like those subforums up top getting in the way :(

Other than that things look great.

How about creating a "NEM" forum?

He can post there and only there and those that wish to continue dialogue with him can join him there and those that don't won't.

I am not too smartly but I find it difficult to locate the " 2006 Draft Forum "

Really like the improvements in performance, thank you Ian.

How about creating a "NEM" forum?

He can post there and only there and those that wish to continue dialogue with him can join him there and those that don't won't.

NEM would eat that up ... a Google search of NEM would lead people to "NEM'S FORUM" .... Ican see all those Cardinal fans now ... they would come to our board just to throw darts at NEM.... NEM can handle that...

Go for it NEM ... lobby Ian for your own forum.

Given that there seem to be more of our American cousins on this forum, how about a "fans' burger joint"? They can discuss strange American sports, discuss what their favourite gun is, who has the "gas guzzlingest" car, who can "manglize" English in the most extreme manner and so on.
I feel that the American fans are being left behind by our superior, spelling, intellect and knowledge of Football and, as such, they need their own forum.

The Red Sox forum needs to be more prominent and redder:cool2:

I'd like to see an easier way to get to the draft forum. The current way makes it less likely for people to go to it. As a sub forum, it would be cool.

I'd like to see an easier way to get to the draft forum. The current way makes it less likely for people to go to it. As a sub forum, it would be cool.
The draft forum will be VERY busy in a few weeks, it would be a good sub-forum, I'd prefer that to the Visitor Lockeroom one myself. Those subforums take up a good bit of space up top.

Put me belatedly in the camp that we desperately need the ***CLOWN Forum previously suggested. The signal to noise ration has gone way down on the Football Forum.

I like all the site improvements and new Forums.

Put me belatedly in the camp that we desperately need the ***CLOWN Forum previously suggested. The signal to noise ration has gone way down on the Football Forum.
Yeah we really need that and for Moderator to be active in moving threads. There are a tremendous amount of total crap threads right now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes