PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW { ERA Scouting Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing for me. While it would seem ideal to add Peterson, who can presumably play at or above the level of Bodden and McCourty, all we really need is a guy who's significantly better than Wilhite, Butler and Carter. Doesn't seem necessary to trade away picks to move up to get a guy to cover that requirement.

I think Harris might be great for us. Unfortunately, he's likely to go somewhere in the range where we'll need to use our pick(s) on a 3-4 DE and/or a top O-lineman. Fortunately, there should be a few guys available in the 2nd and later who look capable of bumping one or two guys off the bottom of the CB depth chart.

I agree if we upgrade Wilhite and maybe Butler, we improve the team, especially in the sub packages.

I know Miller is not the perfect 3-4 OLB, but his pass rushing abilities are getting rave reviews by Scouts. I want a stud outside pass rusher for our defense. Its our number one need IMO, so I am cool with Miller.

Ingraham at 28 is a fail. No need to waste a first round pick on an RB.

The first half of your post is a win for me, the second half...not so much. If you don't like Ingram as a prospect fine but to say that using a first round pick on a RB is a waste is pretty foolish IMO. (In b4 a list of un-drafted/late round running backs that have hit even though that doesn't tell the whole story.)

Is Blaine Gabbert even a top 5 potential QB? I think Aldon Smith has a better chance at ending up at 17 than Von Miller. Miller been hyped up a lot, I'm not sure about this mock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes