PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Pats Tailgate , 4 Downs with Felger on FSNE blacked out on DirecTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgeorge

Reaction score
Geez, here we go again. This happened over the summer with the Red Sox pre- and post-game shows. Any new blackout rules we need to know about? During the summer there was a big brouhaha over DirecTV blacking out NESN's pre- and post-game shows because NESN didn't pay some rights fees to MLB for showing game footage. Is there now a similar beef with the NFL, some rights fees that FSNE isn't paying?

This may only apply to those of us out of state, those of you in the Boston DMA should probably not be affected by this.

Bob G

I don't have DTV so I'm not sure on that one.

I caught a bit of the show tonight. The breakdown compared the 4-3 used in the Jets game to the 3-4 used in the Bills game. It also showed the dynamic of the Broncos' zone blocking.

Yeah, same for me. Those turds. I thought games were the only things that were blacked out.

They didn't block it two weeks ago. Are they going to show that before the pre-game shows on the sunday ticket channels like they do for just about every other team?

bobgeorge said:
Geez, here we go again. This happened over the summer with the Red Sox pre- and post-game shows. Any new blackout rules we need to know about? During the summer there was a big brouhaha over DirecTV blacking out NESN's pre- and post-game shows because NESN didn't pay some rights fees to MLB for showing game footage. Is there now a similar beef with the NFL, some rights fees that FSNE isn't paying?

This may only apply to those of us out of state, those of you in the Boston DMA should probably not be affected by this.

Bob G

I noticed, and was PIS***! We pay to get channels like that, and then it's blocked out. I am getting quite tired of these greedy, money hungry, to heck with the customer, yahoos.

I have it on a DVR season pass (well tailgate, i won't watch a show with borges on it). Every week so far (all 2 of them) it's worked just fine and now this. I love Directv but this is getting to be stupid. I had about 8 games (that i know about) blacked out over the summer for no reason. They were all out-of-market games. When i called directv i was on the phone usually for 45min before they either fixed it OR said there was nothing they could do----everytime though they couldn't tell me what was wrong!

I could figure some of this stuff happening with NESN as it's a local channel, but FSN shouldn't screw up like this. Does anyone else out of state with another carrier have this problem?

Funny, I just got off the phone with DirecTV after being hung up on twice when I saw this thread. I am pissed. They sent to the tech area and I got a guy who went to find out why. Came back and said it was FSNE's call, and that they are the ones who blacked it out, and it was not DirecTV's call.

So, we need to write to FSNE to get them to change it. Grrrr!!!!

This is why I even pay for the Sports Package. Living in L.A., this is partly how I follow my teams. F FSNE!!!

:mad: How about this?Direct TV is blocking Comcast and the other Cable TV operators from being able to negotiate to get NFL SundayTicket where you would be able to see all the non-blackout games.They're paying off the Owners to keep exclusivity on Sattelite only.So much for free enterprise.

Ok, i just got off the phone with Directv. She said that it was blacked out (duh:rolleyes: ) and that there is no reason given, just that FSNE was the problem, not directv. However she said it could possible be fixed by tommorow night when it's replayed at 7:00pm. I am going to try and contact FSNE about it and see what they have to say.

It's been quite some years since i've used DirectTV.
Their customer front-end agent in my area ... Pegasus ...
repeatedly showed itself to have
absolutely the WORST customer-service hostility
i had ever seen ... in any retail area.

Good riddance!

And good luck to y'all, with their parent firm.

LMAO, I pay all this money to see the bozos on FSNE and they black it out. I'll write to them and tell them to get rid of that freak Tanguay while I'm at it.

mtbykr said:
Ok, i just got off the phone with Directv. She said that it was blacked out (duh:rolleyes: ) and that there is no reason given, just that FSNE was the problem, not directv. However she said it could possible be fixed by tommorow night when it's replayed at 7:00pm. I am going to try and contact FSNE about it and see what they have to say.
New England Tailgate still blacked out, I assume Felger will be too.

I need to look at my bill and see if I want to pay monthly for a bunch of blacked out shows :mad:

I have Direct TV and I just watched both shows tonight.

dtbrks said:
You probably live in the Boston area, right ?

dtbrks said:

Where do you live?

I got this useless reply from DirecTV :

"Thanks for writing. As the provider of the most comprehensive sports programming lineup in the digital home entertainment industry, it's challenging to describe the blackout rules for many different locations and sports briefly. Please directvsports.com/blackouts for our general blackout FAQ, and click on the specific sports package you're interested in for more detailed information.

We realize blackouts can be confusing and disappointing to our customers. However, to honor our agreements with the leagues and other owners of broadcast rights, we must pay close attention to the restrictions that we are required to follow.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to directv.com for the latest news and information about our service.

Sincerely,

Marge
DIRECTV Customer Service"

BelichickFan said:
I got this useless reply from DirecTV :

"Thanks for writing. As the provider of the most comprehensive sports programming lineup in the digital home entertainment industry, it's challenging to describe the blackout rules for many different locations and sports briefly. Please directvsports.com/blackouts for our general blackout FAQ, and click on the specific sports package you're interested in for more detailed information.

We realize blackouts can be confusing and disappointing to our customers. However, to honor our agreements with the leagues and other owners of broadcast rights, we must pay close attention to the restrictions that we are required to follow.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to directv.com for the latest news and information about our service.

Sincerely,

Marge
DIRECTV Customer Service"
DirectTV just has a bunch of 3rd party call centers overseas that send those stupid scripts. Don't bother, and just try FSNE.

If it's any consolation(sp?), they did this with the Red Sox pregame show for awhile, which they blamed on NESN of course, and everyone from the message board wrote to NESN. I'm not sure if that's what did it, or if DTV was just blowing smoke, but it did come back after about 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes