PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots continue to work back up the poll in this week's Power Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswelker#83

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
1 (1) Colts 6-0-0
2 (2) Saints 6-0-0
3 (4) Broncos 6-0-0
4 (3) Vikings 6-1-0
5 (6) Patriots 5-2-0
6 (9) Bengals 5-2-0
7 (8) Steelers 5-2-0
8 (5) Giants 5-2-0
NFL Power Rankings Week 8 - National Football League - ESPN

"Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?"
1_chin__1252065858_5508.jpg

HE DAT

ps:Who Dat? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Re: New England Patriots continue to work back up the poll in this week's Power Ranki

That Denver loss still bugs me, I know the Pats are better. Offense was terrible and still had a chance to win. Dumb OT rules....ugh

Re: New England Patriots continue to work back up the poll in this week's Power Ranki

That Denver loss still bugs me, I know the Pats are better. Offense was terrible and still had a chance to win. Dumb OT rules....ugh

The more we blame the OT rules for that loss and the more we call to change them after our team loses in it, the more we sound like Bill Polian/Colts fans. Bill Polian changes the rules when his team loses. If we're going to criticize him for it, we shouldn't turn around and try to do the exact same thing.

EDIT: Oh, and I never really cared about the power rankings. They don't really mean anything when it's all said and done. However, it is good to see that the general media is starting to see that our Pats are improving as a team on a weekly basis.

Last edited:

The more we blame the OT rules for that loss and the more we call to change them after our team loses in it, the more we sound like Bill Polian/Colts fans. Bill Polian changes the rules when his team loses. If we're going to criticize him for it, we shouldn't turn around and try to do the exact same thing.

EDIT: Oh, and I never really cared about the power rankings. They don't really mean anything when it's all said and done. However, it is good to see that the general media is starting to see that our Pats are improving as a team on a weekly basis.

I also to like how the jest are right around where they should be....the middle. :D

lol, i would also agree that were the best of the 5-2 teams....dont mind it if the teams w/ better records are ahead of us, one of them beat us, and the rest havnt lost (even if they have played cupcake schedules)

however, the saints should be #1, only a colts homo would not put them there, they have had at least 2 decent opponents, all the colts opponents have been garbage....

but both their times will come

Hey, I have a question about that. How long is the competition committee tenure ? Is is up for revamp anytime soon ? It seems quite long a dumb ass like him staying in the committee :mad:

Last edited:

We're better than the Vikings and Broncos right now.

The Denver loss stings, but that just seems to always be our MO when it comes to playing in Denver. I have no doubt that we're the better team and by the end of the year I have no doubt we'll be the best team in the AFC. Hopefully that Denver loss isn't the difference in a bye though.

Actually, I'm more bummed out over the Jets loss. The AFC is too tight to blow games against weak opponents. However, I'm still sticking to my initial prediction of 14-2 :D

Paragraph 1: agreed
EDIT: agreed

good job...nothing else to add

Both losses still bug me....but I overlook them after we win out.....:D

I would like to add that I think the Jets aproached our game as their Superbowl. They pulled out all the stops and were as hyped up as they could be and of course had a huge let down in their following game. I fell we could have won both games that we lost and the Denver game still drives me crazy but as poorly as we played in the second halves of those games we were within striking distance. The next four for us should be an amazing amount of fun.

Last edited:

Power polls are dum-dum-dum-dum dumb.

Think of how much time you will save by ignoring them...at least enough to start a few more threads complaining about how dancing Maroney does at the line.

Power polls are dum-dum-dum-dum dumb.

Think of how much time you will save by ignoring them...at least enough to start a few more threads complaining about how dancing Maroney does at the line.

Yes. We need more of those threads so both sides and repeat the same point over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over......

...and over again.

these power rankings are developed by idiots and we're idiots when we (myself included) give them the time of day beyond, "oh, that's interesting"...the only power ranking I'm interested in is the one that will be set sometime around 10:00PM EST on February 7th, 2010 in Miami.

I predicted 14-2 and a #1 seed for the Pats this year, so much for that! I thought they would lose at Miami and at Indy before the season began. Pats uncharacteristically let 2 games slip away against two middle of the pack qbs. The damage has been done and I think we pay for it come playoff time.

I predicted 14-2 and a #1 seed for the Pats this year, so much for that! I thought they would lose at Miami and at Indy before the season began. Pats uncharacteristically let 2 games slip away against two middle of the pack qbs. The damage has been done and I think we pay for it come playoff time.

Why so much for that? You don't think the Pats can run the table?

Why so much for that? You don't think the Pats can run the table?

man, you gotta take my "One Game At a Time" pills... :)

Why are people praising the pats over two easy wins? And you guys think the Colts had it easy? not trying to start anything, it just doesnt make sense to me.

Btw, the colts do deserve that top spot. they, like the saints, had two tough games. Arizona and miame.

Only legit win the pats have is the falcons. they beat the Bills by 1 point... the BILLS :eek:

Why are people praising the pats over two easy wins? And you guys think the Colts had it easy? not trying to start anything, it just doesnt make sense to me.

Btw, the colts do deserve that top spot. they, like the saints, had two tough games. Arizona and miame.

Only legit win the pats have is the falcons. they beat the Bills by 1 point... the BILLS :eek:

Hey buddy, Arizona and Miami are a combined .500. Miami THRASHED you guys but allowed the Colts 20+ points in 15 minutes. That doesn't say how good you guys are, that says how terrible Miami's defense is.

The Pats took out the Falcons, Ravens, and barely lost to the Broncos in Denver (after going up 17-7 on them at Invesco vs. our old offensive coordinator who knew us inside and out). Please don't try to come in and tell us that the Colts schedule is harder than the Pats schedule is, because you'll just end up making a fool out of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down