PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots are the best team in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? But for a bad call they would have lost to Miami just last week.

Everybody needs to calm down, record wise we are one of the best but there is no "Best Team in the NFL" right now. A lot of good teams that the TS has probably seen play one time.

Last edited:
Re: The Number One Team in the NFL.

Even if the Steelers win, we'll have a half game lead on them.

Congratulations.
:rocker:

Not really.

The only adv we have on them is they will have a 3-1 conf record to our 5-1 conf record, with 3-0 non-conf to our 1-0 non conf record.

We will be meeting them in two weeks, the winner of that game will have the tie breakers. If the Steelers win tonight for all relevent manners we will be tied with them.

Go Saints!!!

This season reminds me of 2001 except with rookies instead of old vets.

While i'm EXTREMELY Impressed and proud of this young team, its way to early to call them "the best".

I'm taking this thread in the spirit of "you are who your record says you are." This team has played a brutal schedule and come out with a sparkling record.

This season reminds me of 2001 except with rookies instead of old vets.

This season reminds me of 2003 because we did have rookies in 2003, including Branch. Also we had a defining moment which in 2003 was the overtime Miamig game and this year the OT Ravens game. Also we had been there before in 2003 and were overlooked in the media, again ditto.

While i'm EXTREMELY Impressed and proud of this young team, its way to early to call them "the best".

Shouldn't exactly the opposite be true? We should always call them the best!

Okay let's take some deep breaths here. We shouldn't overreact to losses same thing applies to wins.

Definitely pumped about this win but the team has lots to work on before we book them the best team.

Who know if we are the best, but with no dominate teams, and the league play down, we have just as good a chance as anyone to bring it home this year.

Lets just win the division, maybe get home field for the playoffs and we will be on our way.

Records aside I think the Giants look the best to me. I also think the Chargers will have something to say come December.

What's scary about our development this season is:

1) The defense isn't 100% there.. it's still a very young squad. We still make plenty of errors.

2) We are doing this with a RB tandem of two UDFA's.

3) Need I remind you again, of the high number of high picks we have for next year?

It's a little bit scary when you think about it. Brady could end up having more hardware than his idol, Montana.

Who know if we are the best, but with no dominate teams, and the league play down, we have just as good a chance as anyone to bring it home this year.

Lets just win the division, maybe get home field for the playoffs and we will be on our way.

Records aside I think the Giants look the best to me. I also think the Chargers will have something to say come December.

This man knows his football!

1) The defense isn't 100% there.. it's still a very young squad. We still make plenty of errors.

3) Need I remind you again, of the high number of high picks we have for next year?

It's a little bit scary when you think about it. Brady could end up having more hardware than his idol, Montana.

I think it's pretty exciting looking a few years down the road because if the rookies continually get better this team could be in contention for the next 5 years or so like Aikman said today

This team is going to be very very good for the next 5+ years.

To me the most impressive thing is that this team is learning how to win and winning in different ways each week. And both times the Vikings scored in the 2nd half the Offense answered with a TD.

That game was in question for 3 quarters.....yeah,they were pretty tough that day
What do you think had us on the ropes means?
We led all day, and they scored with 4 minutes left to cut it to 8.

You are comparing that to the Steelers being behind and fumbling at 2 min in the 4th quarter that would have been a loss if the play was called right?

There is a big difference between blowing open a game in the 4th quarter that you led all day, and needing a bad call to not lose.

This season reminds me of 2003 because we did have rookies in 2003, including Branch. Also we had a defining moment which in 2003 was the overtime Miamig game and this year the OT Ravens game. Also we had been there before in 2003 and were overlooked in the media, again ditto.

Small nit-pick. Branch was a 2002 pick.

With that said, you are right. There were a number of new faces on D with Asante, Geno Wilson and Ty Warren playing big roles as rooks and IIRC did a helluva job.

In 2003, we started 2-2, getting destoyed by Buff in week 1 and losing to a mediocre Redskin team in week 4, and were 5-2 at this point. The style of play was similar.
Without addressing the obvious ending of that season and the next, when you look at that team, and how the future looked, compare this one, and how the future from 2010 forward looks, then realize what happened from 2003 forward. It is scary.

Everybody needs to calm down, record wise we are one of the best but there is no "Best Team in the NFL" right now. A lot of good teams that the TS has probably seen play one time.

Why would anyone need to calm down?
For the first 8 weeks of the season, the Patriots have been the best team in the NFL. Why is it wrong to say that?

I think to myself how the heck has this team gone 6-1?

A team that has "no pass rusher"
or is starting so many young players
or loses Bodden
or loses Ty Warren
and has to go with 2 UDFA at RB
is missing Mankins
should not be 6-1

I'm happy for them and am loving the ride thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots