PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots – Mock Draft 7.0, Defense First

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
New England Patriots – Mock Draft 7.0, Defense First

Steve Balestrieri

The prevailing theme in this mock was finding players who can attack on defense. There aren’t any big, two-gapping, monster-sized run stuffers here. All of the players on defense are the types who can attack, disrupt and penetrate.

Continue reading...

not bad.

The first five picks are excellent. The rest is eh. I don't like Shepherd's instincts as a corner and he's susceptible to double moves. Whether or not that's due to being new to the position is up for debate. When he is in a position to make a play on the ball, however, he can usually do it. But I want a corner who can contribute immediately and, if we're looking for one outside of the first and second rounds, I would prefer Josh Shaw. Superior size, excellent upper body strength, doesn't bite as easily on double moves, and can line up at both CB and S. But I do love what you did on the OL and DL and Bell would be a nice looking option at WR, even if he isn't my top option.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back