PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England is back in the elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Elite" isn't just a one season designation. The Colts and Saints made it to the SB last year. The Jets came back and won today (the PI was a legit call...the pass was in his lap and the defender pulled his face mask as he was getting ready for it) on a short week in a tough environment; so far, the Colts are looking OK tonight.

I'll stand by that.

I take it on a season by season basis. I don't think you can do it any other way these days in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong I agree the PI call was legit, but it was a desperation play that worked out for them.

And the Skins just made a huge play, they're not out of it yet.

I take it on a season by season basis. I don't think you can do it any other way these days in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong I agree the PI call was legit, but it was a desperation play that worked out for them.

And the Skins just made a huge play, they're not out of it yet.

I think we're in basic agreement...but I would suggest that one man's "desperation" is another man's "well executed, high risk play"

Being elite is about potential to improve during the season. No teams are playing at a level that they will need to be playing at once December comes around. Patriots have the potential to be elite but so do Pit, Bal, Ind, NO, NYJ and maybe some others. At this point teams just need to stay in the race and improve. The Pats are doing that but so are other teams.

I understand what your saying, I agree to a point. Potential is a big part of it, but IMO showing consistent improvement each week is even more important. And I don't think The Colts or Saints have done that up to this point. Today was a big day for the Saints and they definitely took a big step in the right direction, but if they don't get that FG situation fixed it will come back to bite them again.

I think we're in basic agreement...but I would suggest that one man's "desperation" is another man's "well executed, high risk play"

That's funny. I give the douchebags credit, they had 3 turnovers against a solid team on the road and found a way to overcome a late deficit and win.

And Addai just looked like a 1st round pick on that drive. ;)

Parcellsian Dogma:

"You are, what your record says you are"

BB Arizona 12/7/41 (IIRC):

"Praise the lord and pass the Koolaid"

Last edited:
I sure hope not ... the media is just itching to re-post the running up the score articles.

You are what your record says you are... usually. But remember it was only 8 days ago that the Kansas City Chiefs were the only undefeated team in the league. Nobody was sold on them as the best team in the league. Heck, they weren't even considered top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back