PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Deion info from Felger (Merged: Branch and his agent plan to sue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Deion info from Felger

Bobs My Uncle said:
Chayut has nothing to lose but everything to gain.
This is false. Chayut has a lot to lose. Namely his clients, his license, and his reputation. Just because you are ignoring this doesn't change that its a strong possibility.

Bobs My Uncle said:
If he loses so what it's not like anyone expected him to win such a 1 sided battle. In the eyes of perspectie clients they'd probably love his resolve to fight for his client.

Hmm, is this before or after they shell out over 500K in fines and lose almost 600K in game checks and a fifth of their signing bonus? Seems to me that Branch is already on the losing end of things.

Bobs My Uncle said:
If he wins, he's a hero in the eyes of the players. He took on the establishement and won. He'd be able to set his price for future clients.

In either case, he's getting tons of publicity. Some good, some bad. But even the bad is worthwhile sometimes.

The bad isn't worthwhile if you lose your client, get disbarred or get suspended for improperly representing your client.

Seems to me that Chayut agreed to be Upshaw's patsie in all this in attempting to stick it to the Patriots. Upshaw's a moron and its no wonder the NFLPA and the Owners are headed back to negotiations in 2 years....

Patriotic Fervor said:
What makes you (or them, for that matter) think they have any options now?
Ummmmmm, they are now exercising those options. Starting with the arbitration hearing and then possibly legal proceedings. Neither of these options would have been available to them had the Pats simply kept quiet and done nothing.

Its going to be interesting to see what kraft has up his sleeve. he is one of the most powerful owners in the league and if decides to throw his entire arsenal at branch and the agent, it will be a sight to be seen. if you think it is ugly now, just wait. ;)

Bobs My Uncle said:
Ummmmmm, they are now exercising those options. Starting with the arbitration hearing and then possibly legal proceedings. Neither of these options would have been available to them had the Pats simply kept quiet and done nothing.

Tell the truth, you are Chayut...

Bobs My Uncle said:
If I were scoring this event I'd have Chayut ahead on points.
Must be the East German judge... How is Vhuyut ahead??
please!! He has done nothing but hurt his client's PR..if you understand that football is entertainment..then there is no way that DB come out looking good.
If anything there is a BIG M..on him for malcotent...which will undervalue him when he becomes a free agent. He's a;so alloweed his client to lose money..fines.. for training ca,p and then if he holds out till Game 10?? More money not received..Ahead?? I don't think so. NOT at all.

The Pats have to many arguements to throw at Chayut and Branch......This is so obvious.........From the Branch camp........like a weak parent......." I really really mean it this time...If you don't I'll.................I mean come on. If Branch and his posse knew they were in the right and had a strong case do you really think they would be hanging this crap in the media all day. The Pats remain silent as I'm sure they are confident in there situation and don't need to keep reaching out for attention!

Bobs My Uncle said:
In the end Chayut just wants his client in another uniform and with a new deal so that they both make more money. He doesn't gave two craps about how he gets it done.
I think you have made the point..SOME agents are SCUM!!! He had BETTER care how it gets done..if he doesn't..he may lose his license and BE suspended..if you really believe he is that reckless..he's dumber than I thought.

JustWinBrady said:
Its going to be interesting to see what kraft has up his sleeve. he is one of the most powerful owners in the league and if decides to throw his entire arsenal at branch and the agent, it will be a sight to be seen. if you think it is ugly now, just wait. ;)
One of the lessons we can draw from this process is how forbearing and classy the Pats can be. While Chayut has enlisted every journalist in town to smear the Pats, BB has never defended himself, said a bad word about Branch, or burned any bridges. The fines for missing training camp, as far as we know, have never been imposed. The way I see it, the door remains open to Deion and the Pats have acted, contrary to Borges' accusations, with impeccable class.

I think the Pats should line him up in the slot for the remainder of this season when he returns and put Ben Watson out wide.

Get their moneys worth out of this dude. Let's forget about resting him. He wants to be paid like a #1 then he's gonna be pushed like one.

I missed this little tidbit from one of Branch's lawyers -

''Even in the football arena, teams and team officials have an obligation to abide by their agreements and live by their representations,'' said Branch's attorney, Peter Ginsburg, who will participate in the grievance process. ''The Patriots made a binding offer to Deion, Deion accepted the offer, and both the Seahawks and the Jets more than satisfied New England's conditions. It's a shame now the Patriots are attempting to use their unfair and coercive position against Deion in a way that threatens to compromise his career. We look forward to protecting Deion's rights and obtaining a favorable resolution in the upcoming proceedings.''

When lawyers get involved they just exude the feeling of certainty and the people that hired them get sucked in for the ride. Not busting on lawyers here at all - just an observation from experience - lawyers are usually hired to win, not to give a client the real bottom line. think about it - if your freshly hired lawyer looked at you and said, "you can't win," wouldn't the first reaction be to dump the guy and find someone who believes in your cause? It's just human nature.

Last edited:

Pats726 said:
Bobs My Uncle said:
Must be the East German judge... How is Vhuyut ahead??
please!! He has done nothing but hurt his client's PR..if you understand that football is entertainment..then there is no way that DB come out looking good.
If anything there is a BIG M..on him for malcotent...which will undervalue him when he becomes a free agent. He's a;so alloweed his client to lose money..fines.. for training ca,p and then if he holds out till Game 10?? More money not received..Ahead?? I don't think so. NOT at all.
Sure, Branch's PR value is so bad that both the Jets and Seahawks just offered him mega contracts :rolleyes:

As for losing money goes, all we talking about is a $ million. Both the Jets and Seahawks offers would have paid Branch that money back and then some ...... easily!

Branch and his agent plan to sue......

The Patriots (per ESPN.....aka Dolphin Central)......if they lose their filing of grievance against the Pats....for not agreeing to their demands (bacically increasing his salary which supposedly the Pats said to "Me-on" in a good faith meeting......and FORCING his holdout.........? Can anyone believe this horsesh@#? They asked this one guy what this was all about and he says "It's basically pointless....he has NO CASE to be filing anything (obviously)....HE IS SIGNED TO A CONTRACT FOR ONE MORE YEAR.....he has NO right to be doing this now"

I would love to see them get rid of this d-bag....what a disappointment this a-hole is,........Trade his skinny a## BB!!!!

Pats726 said:
I think you have made the point..SOME agents are SCUM!!! He had BETTER care how it gets done..if he doesn't..he may lose his license and BE suspended..if you really believe he is that reckless..he's dumber than I thought.
Not sure reckless is the word I'd use to describe this guy. Outside of the usual adjectives such as slimy and untrusting I'd say what this guy is doing is approaching brilliant.

I'm not sure why you think Chayut needs to worry about being suspended. I don't think he's done anything illegal. In fact he's got a job to do and that is to look out for his clients best interests and do what is asked of him. If Branch told Chayut to get him out of NE then that's what Chayut's employed to do. Presumably Branch is behind all of what Chayut is doing and Chayut's not doing this behind Branch's back.

Brady'sButtBoy said:

''Even in the football arena, teams and team officials have an obligation to abide by their agreements and live by their representations,'' said Branch's attorney, Peter Ginsburg, who will participate in the grievance process. ''The Patriots made a binding offer to Deion, Deion accepted the offer, and both the Seahawks and the Jets more than satisfied New England's conditions. It's a shame now the Patriots are attempting to use their unfair and coercive position against Deion in a way that threatens to compromise his career. We look forward to protecting Deion's rights and obtaining a favorable resolution in the upcoming proceedings.''

When lawyers get involved they just exude the feeling of certainty and the people that hired them get sucked in for the ride. Not busting on lawyers here at all - just an observation from experience - lawyers are usually hired to win, not to give a client the real bottom line. think about it - if your freshly hired lawyer looked at you and said, "you can't win," wouldn't the first reaction be to dump the guy and find someone who believes in your cause? It's just human nature.

No surprise that the lawyer fails to mention the agreement that Deion should abide by

Bobs My Uncle said:
Pats726 said:
Bobs My Uncle said:
Sure, Branch's PR value is so bad that both the Jets and Seahawks just offered him mega contracts :rolleyes:

As for losing money goes, all we talking about is a $ million. Both the Jets and Seahawks offers would have paid Branch that money back and then some ...... easily!

If the Jets and Hawks wanted him soooooooooooooo badly, offer their #1 and case closed. Chayut should be asking the Jets or Hawks to fork over the pick, since they are willing to offer him MEGA $$. Works both ways.

$1Million is not pocket change in the NFL. This is not MLB where Jason Johnsons of the world collect 3.5Mill.

If money is not an issue, why threaten to sue to Pats for the salary difference between Jets offer and his 2006 Salary. Heck its only 5 Mill more. What's another 5 Mill from a $36Mill contract.

Your hypothesis is skewed and myopic.

Brady'sButtBoy said:

If either the Jets or Seahawks 'more than satisfied New England's conditions', then a trade would have been consummated and Deion would be gone.

Since no trade was consummated, it is obvious that New England's conditions WERE NOT SATISFIED.

What a shame this whole thing is.

Last edited:
Re: Branch and his agent plan to sue......

The hypocrisy is building...
here is Deion's lawyer failing to mention one key fact -

''Even in the football arena, teams and team officials have an obligation to abide by their agreements and live by their representations,'' said Branch's attorney, Peter Ginsburg, who will participate in the grievance process.

Wow, I know he's paid to win for Dieon butwhipping out the "obligation to abide" thing is pretty shocking given Branch's behavior. Anyway, here's the rest-

''The Patriots made a binding offer to Deion, Deion accepted the offer, and both the Seahawks and the Jets more than satisfied New England's conditions. It's a shame now the Patriots are attempting to use their unfair and coercive position against Deion in a way that threatens to compromise his career. We look forward to protecting Deion's rights and obtaining a favorable resolution in the upcoming proceedings.''

Gleaned from the Lowell Sun by the way, nice work.

Last edited:

Patriotic Fervor said:
Maybe Deion wants to become this generation's Curt Flood....

I said that days ago......there is no question this is spinning far beyond Deion & the Pats at this point.

It is Upshaw, the Union, NFLPA, Kessler Vs NFL - management Vs Union.

This is not good at all and as bizarre as one could ever imagine. As simple as it should be this is being made into something that was never intended or planned. However, as sure as sh*t happens, this case develops and mushrooms every day into something I cannot understand. Only the lawyers and mediators have been left to figure this out now, hell they cannot figure out paper or plastic, how can this possibly end with a solution that is fair and makes sense?

At this point, emotions aside, just sit back and enjoy the ride, get your popcorn and get ready for the show. This may become a landmark case for Pro Football.

And I HATE this distraction, the only possible upside is the team circles the wagons and rallies around each other. Please, STOP THE INSANITY!!

Last edited:

Bobs My Uncle said:

Given the realities of this case, neither of those are really options, let alone valid ones.

No, what we are witnessing is a classic exercise in futility, nothing more, nothing less. Even the proverbial snowball in hell has a better chance than the exercise of these "options".

Boy, you sure view the real world a bit differently than the rest of us!

Re: Branch and his agent plan to sue......

Brady'sButtBoy said:
''The Patriots made a binding offer to Deion, Deion accepted the offer, and both the Seahawks and the Jets more than satisfied New England's conditions.
Nice. The supposed "binding offer" was that the player could "seek a trade". He did. There was no offer to actually trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back