PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

new conspiracy theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
as per felger's latest nonsense..he spoke to brady before the whole branch grieveance mess went down...says tom felt, the team had a fair offer for branch and branch should manage his agent and now he feels he was duped by the team about the fair market value...
they cant just let go...

Not quite sure what you're saying. You're saying (from Felger) that Brady thought the offer to Branch was fair or the offer from Branch was ? If it were the latter, why would Brady feel duped ?

BelichickFan said:
Not quite sure what you're saying. You're saying (from Felger) that Brady thought the offer to Branch was fair or the offer from Branch was ? If it were the latter, why would Brady feel duped ?
after branch got more than what the pats offered , he felt duped that the pats had convinced him that the offer they had was fair...-as per felger..

SVN said:
after branch got more than what the pats offered , he felt duped that the pats had convinced him that the offer they had was fair...-as per felger..

That's a bunch of crap. the Patriots offered about the same money as Seattle except for the $$$ this year. I don't blame Belichick for not ripping up the contract...if he did it for Branch then he'll have to do it for all our other good players. Every player will cut their deal a year short which will inflate our cap by @ $10 million every year.

All it takes is for 3-4 players a year, working on their rookie contracts, earning around $1 million for the year to want their deal voided for the last year. So, all those players get an extra $3 million or so by ripping up their contract which means we operate $8 to say $12 million higher in the cap every year...that's just plain bad business for Belichick to do that.

I'm with him all the way on this one. That extra money means 2-3 good players left for the team to carry...which $3-$4 million a year players would you like to see dropped from this years team???

SVN said:
as per felger's latest nonsense..he spoke to brady before the whole branch grieveance mess went down...says tom felt, the team had a fair offer for branch and branch should manage his agent and now he feels he was duped by the team about the fair market value...
they cant just let go...

Felger, Borges both incompetent ass clowns of Boston Media, who care about nothing but their own ego's and ratings.

Okay I know I'll get killed here, but maybe just maybe the FO did ask Tom to lean on Deion to get rid of his agent, and Tom did and then the agent goes and gets him this "great" contract??? Maybe that is what is causing the bad feelings for Brady (if, in fact, there are bad feelings, which is sure looks like there is)? :confused:

patsacolachick said:
Okay I know I'll get killed here, but maybe just maybe the FO did ask Tom to lean on Deion to get rid of his agent, and Tom did and then the agent goes and gets him this "great" contract??? Maybe that is what is causing the bad feelings for Brady (if, in fact, there are bad feelings, which is sure looks like there is)? :confused:

ahhhh...ol' Felgy's gotcha girl! :rolleyes:

F.B.N. said:
That's a bunch of crap. the Patriots offered about the same money as Seattle except for the $$$ this year.

"Except for the $$$ this year" makes a big difference.

I don't blame Belichick for not ripping up the contract...if he did it for Branch then he'll have to do it for all our other good players.

By ripping up the contract, what exactly do you mean??

F.B.N. said:
I'm with him all the way on this one. That extra money means 2-3 good players left for the team to carry...which $3-$4 million a year players would you like to see dropped from this years team???

FWIW - The Pats are under the cap by $11 million. If Branch got the same deal from the Pats that he got from the Seahawks, the Pats would be under the cap by just over $8 million.

F.B.N. said:
All it takes is for 3-4 players a year, working on their rookie contracts, earning around $1 million for the year to want their deal voided for the last year. So, all those players get an extra $3 million or so by ripping up their contract which means we operate $8 to say $12 million higher in the cap every year...that's just plain bad business for Belichick to do that.

Are you saying that the Patriots should never extend players that are in their rookie contracts??

SVN said:

Uh, that would mean our QB is dumber than a doornail. That makes no sense. If I think your cheese is worth $6 and some moron thinks your cheese is worth $7, does that mean I tried to dupe people into believing your cheese was only worth $6? Makes no sense.

patsacolachick said:

There look to be bad feelings? How do you come up with that one?

Miguel said:
Are you saying that the Patriots should never extend players that are in their rookie contracts??

I think he's saying you extend them but you meet a happy medium between the market value (6.5m in Branch's case) and the salary (1m). If you give him 6.5m in his last year, hell just rip every contract up before its time.

Miguel said:
FWIW - The Pats are under the cap by $11 million. If Branch got the same deal from the Pats that he got from the Seahawks, the Pats would be under the cap by just over $8 million.
I think the Patriots consider that irrelevant. However much they may be under the cap after, if they (in their mind) overpay Branch there's still less money to spread around.

Miguel said:
By ripping up the contract, what exactly do you mean??

Branch was under contract this year for $1M. His agent's negotiating position was that it didn't exist, and that Deion was to be paid like a free agent.

Considering that Brady had an interview with Felger on his opening 4 Downs show where he ackowledged that he will never be the highest paid and that winning makes it worth it....

I cry bull***:blahblah:

Miguel said:

Miguel ... this is why Branch left ... because Belichick would not redo his contract for this year. You are the capologist here...correct my numbers, I'm sure they are off but probably close.

Let's say 2-3 draft picks hold out every year not wanting to play for their $million or so they would make in that last year...because Branch got it, they all want it. So, they get paid more because their last year of their rookie deal is now the new deal.

Lousy players can't pull this off but good players can try. So instead of paying 2-3 former rookies $2 mil or $3 mil total for the year the team now will pay $9mil to say $12 mil for the same players that year(current year).

That inflates the cap an average of $10 million every year which leaves $10 million less to sign 2 or 3 free agents.

I'm no capologist but I have a degree in mathematics and economics and it makes perfect sense to me why Branch was not paid an extra $5 million this year.

In any case...i already knew he was not playing for the Patriots ever again before camp. It was a very personal issue to him...and, I would have done the same thing if I was him. All is not equal in Patriot Land...there is an inner circle there that some players are very resentfull of. Maybe all teams have that...but Branch was not in that circle and that bothered him as much or more than the $$$...this I know to be fact because I heard it from Branch's mouth with my own 2 ears. I wish him well...but I can see both sides being right and wrong here...parting was the best solution.

BelichickFan said:
I think the Patriots consider that irrelevant. However much they may be under the cap after, if they (in their mind) overpay Branch there's still less money to spread around.

That's right...and something else not mentioned was that Seymour got an extra $1 million to come back until his deal was renewed. i would think under normal circumstances that the same should have been done with Branch. IMO there had to be some harsh words exchanged because it never got that far...and like i said....Branch knew he wasn't coming back before camp started. This goes back to when Vinateiri left...that's where this Branch negotiating thing all went bad.

Miguel said:

Why bother to write the contract ? Had we matched Seattle we would have first had to give Branch 5 million for nothing.

They ripped up Brady's contract. Anyone that thinks a 5'9" receiver take # 65 in the draft that has a couple good injury free seasons is the same as the best QB in football, take a reality pill.

Deion screwed his team and his team mates, plain and simple.

He never gave the Pats a chance, why bother? he knew they weren't going to give him 6.5 mil for 2006 when he was under contract for 1.045?

Why would they give up their contractual rights for nothing?

He and his agent saw that pot of increased cap money and decided that could threaten to disrupt and distract the Patriots all season and hoped to extort their way out of their contractual obligation.

Belichick didn't want to give up the season to make a point to one selfish player, so he let him seek a trade and get a draft pick.

Branch put his greed above his team and his team mates.

Belichick would have been within his rights to hold him for two years with the franchise and trade him whenever he felt like it.

F.B.N. said:
That's right...and something else not mentioned was that Seymour got an extra $1 million to come back until his deal was renewed. i would think under normal circumstances that the same should have been done with Branch. IMO there had to be some harsh words exchanged because it never got that far...and like i said....Branch knew he wasn't coming back before camp started. This goes back to when Vinateiri left...that's where this Branch negotiating thing all went bad.

Seymour is unique. Branch is not. They can rip up any contracts they want.

5'9" Wideouts do not warrant ripping up contracts.

Troy Brown had 101 and 97 receptions in this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back