new comparsion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remix 6

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Maroney - Priest Holmes?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IlgLbkdM3xI&search=Priest Holmes

and you can compare to all the Maroney videos you seen.

both are fast..shifty.great vision. just not sure if Maroney will ever be able to dive over top like Priest :p

anyways..thoughts? Remember..Maroney is from Missouri..hes watched Faulk and Holmes :) hed love to be as productive as either

dont be shy. 40+ views..laugh if u want..agree if you want. i wont get offended :p

Remix 6 said:
dont be shy. 40+ views..laugh if u want..agree if you want. i wont get offended :p

OK, ahhhhhahahahahahahahaha

Anyway, alot of players are comparable in physical ability and style. What separates the greats isn't measureable until he's played a few seasons. That being said I think Maroney has the physical ability and mental capacity to be one of the greats. Besides, a RB for the Pats can put up #'s unlike WR's.

unless your Kevin Faulk, 1 of the best at LSU, .. 2nd rounder and cant run the ball effectively full time. but yeah agree but im trying to get some people and myself even more hyped up about Maroney

Remix 6 said:
unless your Kevin Faulk, 1 of the best at LSU, .. 2nd rounder and cant run the ball effectively full time. but yeah agree but im trying to get some people and myself even more hyped up about Maroney

I never believed that hype on Faulk. He's FAR exceeded my expectations. I thought he'd be a decent option on 3rd down and on returns at best.

Well, all I can say is that I havent seen Maroney play at this level yet so I cant really figure out what kind of running style he will have within the Pats system. He is big enough to be a power back and fast enough to be a shifty back so its anybodys guess what he will be, especially behind the Pats O-line.

My only hope is that he doesnt take as long to develope as Holmes did and isnt as injury pron as he was/is.

b_btrick said:
Well, all I can say is that I havent seen Maroney play at this level yet so I cant really figure out what kind of running style he will have within the Pats system. He is big enough to be a power back and fast enough to be a shifty back so its anybodys guess what he will be, especially behind the Pats O-line.

My only hope is that he doesnt take as long to develope as Holmes did and isnt as injury pron as he was/is.

Holmes was behind Jamal Lewis for 3 years, he had no opportunity to develop.

jeffd said:
Holmes was behind Jamal Lewis for 3 years, he had no opportunity to develop.

Actually, he was only behind him for one year (2000). He was with baltimore for 4 years the first three were before Lewis got there in 2000.

Or was it 2001?

It was 2000.
Your point is still valid in a round about way though. Even during the first three years befor Lewis, Holmes never had a season averaging fewer than 4.3 ypc. So he was more productive than I had thought, while with the Ravens. What I was referring to concerning his developement, was that I had believed he played his first few years outside of the NFL, before joining the Ravens. Once with the Ravens he was productive when on the field, only one season did he play all 16 games before Lewis and with the Chiefs he has been equally inconsistent in getting on the field.
My hope is simply that Maroney is less injury prone, (something all Pats fans should be acutely aware of due to the injuries of the last four or five years), thats all.

Last edited:
You're right Btrick, it was only one year (2000), the good thing is Maroney doesn't have another young-em in front of him, instead he has an aging vet who he can learn from, the same thing with Chad Jackson, only Reche (maybe) is ahead of him, so I expect both to develop quickly

Man, we had a good draft :D (I know I know I'm a homer)

mavfan2390 said:
You're right Btrick, it was only one year (2000), the good thing is Maroney doesn't have another young-em in front of him, instead he has an aging vet who he can learn from, the same thing with Chad Jackson, only Reche (maybe) is ahead of him, so I expect both to develop quickly

Man, we had a good draft :D (I know I know I'm a homer)

I agree (while many others wont), I expect them to develop quickly and contribute to the team this year the way both Branch and Givens did their first years though, hopefully more so. They each have the appearance of being great talents and smart enough to learn even the famed Pats system and its complexities.
We will just have to see if they can produce through training camp and pre-season. Jackson at the least will get as many pre-season reps as possible due to Branchs fragility and Bellichick likely holding him out of the pre-season games so we should get a good idea about both he and Caldwell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Lawrence is actually a few inches taller than Holmes - I didn't think that was the case but the numbers say it's true.

Maroney has an awful lot to prove before he can mentioned with Holmes, particularly Holmes' nose for the goal line, a skill which is quite unusual. The Yahoo experts did pick Maroney as the 25th best "keeper" back for the upcoming season. Of course, Addai was picked 14th. OK, we'll see....

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Our Lawrence is actually a few inches taller than Holmes - I didn't think that was the case but the numbers say it's true.

Maroney has an awful lot to prove before he can mentioned with Holmes, particularly Holmes' nose for the goal line, a skill which is quite unusual. The Yahoo experts did pick Maroney as the 25th best "keeper" back for the upcoming season. Of course, Addai was picked 14th. OK, we'll see....
Addai the 14th? wonder why. Where was Deangelo Williams. I think he is better than Addai, but then so is maroney IMO.

about playing time..Foster and Dillon will start over Maroney and Williams...they dont think Rhodes will beat out Addai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back