Welcome to PatsFans.com

New climate strategy: track the world's wealthiest

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jul 6, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

Reuters AlertNet - New climate strategy: track the world's wealthiest

Now ... something we can sink our teeth in. Just think of all the extra payments to be sent in by Pelosi, John Tavolta, Madonna, tom Cruise to name a few. Al Gore who is always hopping on a plane might go broke if he had to pay for spreading all that hot air.

Bring it on ... higher taxes for Hollywood people and their blowhard friends. Hit them right in their bloviating pieholes ... talking global warming crap while they add more to global warming than the average cow in a field.

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This should get interesting.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

What you don't understand, my friend, is this is "wealthy" relative to the world. So all the impoverished in China, Africa, etc, count in the calculation. We're ALL wealthy relative to the world; even minimum wage earners.

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

:rofl: ... yeah ... :popcorn::camera::popcorn:

5. Roland

Roland On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hate hollywood liberals. They are so full of crap telling us how good they are all the time. Gweneth Pallthrow is one of the worst.

6. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,085 / 16 / -9

I hate them Hollywood wife-swappers too! Let's impose caps on that wealthiest 1/6 of the world!!!!

Nah as BFan said that's us. The really fair strategy is to say one man, one carbon emission. Have some amount that every individual is "entitled" to, multiply by the number of people in a country, and that is that country's "cap." That's fairer.

:)

PFnV

7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

AlGore's new industry -- hey, he finally DID invent something!!! :steamed: -- is hiring. Sign on to join "climate police". Good pay. Great hours. Outstanding bennies. Life is sweet. (For six more months... maybe.)

When Hollywood libs and the political celebrities start paying THEIR fair share into the "problem", then we can listen to them. But as long as their fear monger-in-chief, Al the Gore, is living in a home that consumes TEN TIMES the national average, while globe-trotting the world in legions of SUVs, private aircraft, and insists on re-opening the wood-burning fireplace in the VEEP quarters, because "it's just so cozy... (more important than setting a good example)...", then these wacko hypocrites are nothing more than laughable. A very bad joke, at that.

//

8. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,085 / 16 / -9

Okay you're right, Foggy.

We can institute carbon caps on the top 10% of the world, per capita. That's fair right???

:D

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

(I get your sarcasm) The idea that we should have to share carbon emissions because we contribute more is ridiculous. That's like saying that for every ounce of food I eat I should send an equal amount to Africa. Or for every square foot of house I have I should send a square foot to Mexico. It's welfare from the northern hemisphere to the southern (generally) and it's crazy.

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Let's remember that not all rich people are hollywood liberals.

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm in favor of anything that's equally distributed, and fairly maintained.

I'll even donate my Gulfstream to the cause. ...... if I can only find it. :eek:

:)

//

12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I disagree.

[​IMG]

13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +915 / 7 / -3

Tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax, tax.....

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  14. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Basing this on per capita wealth doesn't acknowledge the excess damage caused by China and India putting a colossal number of filthy, coal burning power plants on line on a near daily basis.

Sure wealth may seem like the fairest way to do it today, but it won't be long before 'doing things in the stupidest, most short-sided way possible' is the biggest contributor.

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Bingo, Bingo, BINGO!!!

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Bingo, Bingo, BINGO!!!

I take back all the bad things I ever said about you!! Well, almost all.... :D

But, seriously, you are right on the money with this point. Without an EQUAL sharing of the burden those who don't pay equally will get an unfair advantage over those who do. Duh. Kids learn that before they go to kindergarten.

//

17. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

This brings up the uncomfortable truth that the US and Western Europe are the biggest polluters on the planet per capita and disproportionately pollute the planet more than others.

18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Per capita, yes, but per country China has now passed us in CO2 emissions; it makes little sense to tax us up the ass if China changes nothing when they pollute more. In fact, from 2001 - 2006 we have remained about the same when Chia's emissions have almost doubled.

19. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,085 / 16 / -9

Righhhht. So it's per capita that's fair, until it turns out that Chinese and Indians are living at 1/5 the per capita carbon footprint of an American.

Then we have to make sure we're counting by country. Suddenly it's "Us" and "Them."

I remember regularly hearing the exact opposite argument in regards to the UN; then it was "little tiny countries like Lesotho count as much as the United States, wahhhhhh."

Measure twice, cut once, I suppose, depending on which measurement we like ;)

PFnV

20. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

So ... How much does rosie pay per queef?