Welcome to PatsFans.com

New CBA Limits Disciplinary Action

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by shatch62, Mar 10, 2006.

1. shatch62

shatch62 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/09/AR2006030902123.html

“A league spokesman confirmed that, under the terms of the labor extension, a player can be deactivated week to week but not as a long-term punitive measure.â€

Basically the T.O. rule.

“The new labor deal also prohibits teams from forcing players to return portions of their signing bonuses for misbehavior, according to the union.â€
    The Kellen Winslow rule

I hate when the Union tries to defend actions that are not defendable. Some times the players actually screw up and have to pay some consequences!
  2. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

This may just make TO's signing somewhere a tad bit more difficult!
  3. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I saw that yesterday...I am sure there are other stipulations that could eb put into a contract as well..Very good that the union protects the TO types of players. It is one thing to protect abuse of players..it's another to protect those that cause problems. I agree, I think it may keep teams away from the cancer..if not, they have to be prepared for a meltdown.