Welcome to PatsFans.com

New basketball league open to whites only, to get away from the ‘street-ball’ played

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Basketball league for white Americans targets Augusta 011910 - The Augusta Chronicle

“There’s nothing hatred about what we’re doing,” he said. “I don’t hate anyone of color. But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now. Here’s a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like.” [...]

He pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas’ indefinite suspension after bringing guns into the Washington Wizards locker room, as examples of fans’ dissatisfaction with the way current professional sports are run.

“Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?” he said. “That’s the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction.”

Ummmmm.....Where do I begin?

This is a fukcing disgrace...
    This team already exists, its called the Washington Generals
    This league already exists, its called the WNBA

we can go on and on....

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

Re: New basketball league open to whites only, to get away from the ‘street-ball’ pla

Just what we need is proper basketball.. whitemen can't jump.

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Re: New basketball league open to whites only, to get away from the ‘street-ball’ pla

Yay. 1940's Basketball. Will there be a set shot contest at the all-star game. Do you have to shoot free throws underhanded?

This might be the dumbest ideas ever!

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Its actually funny, this dude has no real sense of history. The NBA was a failing league. The game changed when Magic and Bird came into it and brought about some showtime, and rivalries. The league wasnt doing so well with 'Fundimentals'. Dr. J was tearing it up in the ABA, but the NBA needed the show of magic and the tenacity of bird.

Then came a guy named Michael Jordin....Jordan...Jordash?....

I forget his name, but the NBA hasn't been the same since...Last time I checks, more peeps come to see Lebron James than Scalabrine (Not me...I love SCAL...but most peeps)

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +585 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

We need White Affirmative Action for the NBA; that would fix the problem.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

Reminds me of when I was a kid, they used to have the Eastern States Catholic Invitational Tournament (ESCIT).. catholic schools from the east coast.. Boston, NYC, DC and of course my alma mater, De La Salle in Newport..

Basketball was frought with two handed set shots, underhanded free throws.. and lilly white ( most blacks played football, did not play basketball then for some reason)... then Power Memorial came in for the tournament, and they had a kid named Lew Alcindor.. the way I viewed basketball changed forever.. he was a man amongst little boys.

7. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

I dont jump so well and my shot svcks. Where should I sign up.....

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,340 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

So this will be a no jumping league :confused3:

9. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The guy never heard of Pistol Pete? How about the Cooz?

10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,340 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

I like cooz ... :p

11. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

hoosiers!!!!

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

No Comment

13. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's their choice, good for them! You can have a club right now, only for women and a club only for blacks, why can't you have a club for just whites?

Its like BET, I want to make WET but that's what NBC and Fox are for:p

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

All things being equal, many people have made those same points over the years. I remember one point being after the Lisa Olsen incident, where some openly asked why it's ok for female reporters to be in male locker rooms, but not ok for male reporters, to be in a female locker room. I'm not sure if that is still the case, but it was back then.

As for this specific basketball league, who cares. I wouldn't go watch it. Oh, and while I obviously couldn't say it with any certainty, I'd venture to guess that the style of play isn't the only thing that bothers the creator. Still though, he's free to be a dope if he wants to.

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Yup, I wish I could have posted that, it's exactly what I was thinking.

Now when Patters gets home he will close this thread.

16. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

Darryl Dawkins has some interesting thoughts on the game. Remember the US olympic team, loaded with NBA stars, lost in 2004. That was a wake-up call.
    Steve Sailer's iSteve Blog: Olympic basketball

I'm not interested in any organization that practices invidious racial favoritism, from this league to Harvard University's admissions office. Judge on talent alone. Accidents of birth? Accidents.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

"mommy"
    "yes dear"
    "why is that man smashing his face into that fence"
    "he's trying to jump over it dear"
    "how come he can't mom"
    "he's white"
    "oh"

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

There can only be two serious sane answers to this move by this guy who wants to create an all white Basketball League.

1 They love the game and the only way they can win a game is to play against another white team.

2 They're Racist.