PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New article on Dillon; return to Pats, "is not going to happen"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroney is the Patriots running back, they don't really have many carries for Dillon.

If Dillon gains 1,000 yards he goes from 14th to 9th on the all time list. 1,070 and he passes Jim Brown.

I'm sure the Patriots and Dillon discussed what a distraction it would be trying to get Dillon touches when the Patriots need to groom their #1 pick.

What a selfish bastard.

Some of you armchair experts need to get over yourselves.

Have another pork rind and be careful you don't pull a muscle reaching for the bag.

Good catch;Dillon's on par to break some records and it's doubtful he'd achieve that here. Recall his arrival at training camp when he offered up his career accomplishments to Felger was it(?) in response to a question about his age or whatever they asked him. He definitely arrived with a bit of a chip no doubt somewhat fueled by media speculation but it was there nonetheless. Given stat-padding as a possible/probable motivator,it looks like the Jets would put him in the best position to do that.
It is what it is-good luck to him. The silver lining is we can concentrate on working LoMo into his position of highest and best use.

Good catch;Dillon's on par to break some records and it's doubtful he'd achieve that here. Recall his arrival at training camp when he offered up his career accomplishments to Felger was it(?) in response to a question about his age or whatever they asked him. He definitely arrived with a bit of a chip no doubt somewhat fueled by media speculation but it was there nonetheless. Given stat-padding as a possible/probable motivator,it looks like the Jets would put him in the best position to do that.
It is what it is-good luck to him. The silver lining is we can concentrate on working LoMo into his position of highest and best use.

I started a thread.

When you break it down, he could pass a hall of famer every week for about 4-5 weeks. LOL, that wouldn't be too much of a distraction.:bricks:

:eat1: oh good......:bricks: lol

I started a really good thread and nobody's replying.

If nobody replies when I start a really good thread, I'm just going to start 10 threads about how the OC sucks and get thousands of replies and it will serve you all right!!!:bricks: :bricks:

I started a really good thread and nobody's replying.

If nobody replies when I start a really good thread, I'm just going to start 10 threads about how the OC sucks and get thousands of replies and it will serve you all right!!!:bricks: :bricks:

Please note my reply to your thread. :singing:

Not sure if this has been posted, probably has:

POSTED 12:32 p.m. EST, February 24, 2007

PATS NOT EXPECTED TO LET DILLON WALK

Amid all of the talk over the past couple of days regarding the looming release of running back Corey Dillon, has anyone else noticed that one key aspect of the relationship has been conspicuously quiet?

The Patriots, to be specific.

So until the team that holds Dillon's rights says that it's going to let him walk away with nothing on return (and potentially sign with the Jets or the Bills, if they move Willis McGahee), we aren't buying any of it.

And several league insiders agree. "Bill Belichick isn't going to let him just leave," said one source on Saturday.

Stay tuned.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Not sure if this has been posted, probably has:

POSTED 12:32 p.m. EST, February 24, 2007

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

If the choice is between just letting him leave and paying him $5.5M for being a goal line back in 2007, oh yes BB will just let him leave. In fact it is preferable to having him and his agent whining ala Law-Milloy-McGinnest et al that he's being disrespected because he's not getting the $3M option bonus he thinks he deserves. And when have we ever known the Patriots to comment on what they will do days in advance of actually doing it? It has been widely reported his agent is quoted saying they have agreed to release him on March 2nd. If that were not in fact true, would they not have then been more likely to have commented by denying that report - but they haven't, have they?

What is going on? I thought the cap hit if cut is $3.8? The cap hit if we keep him is 4.4? Not much of a savings there...

Also, Corey ran the ball almost 13 times a game last year, not 8 times, and he asked out of the game often.

I don't get it, really. Makes no sense.

The $900K is only the 2007 cap savings.

There is also $3.9M in 2008 cap savings (relative to releasing him one year from now).

If we held on to him for three years, 2007-2009 would cost us a total of roughly $9.8M against the cap.

$4.8M is too much for one year from Dillon.

$9.8M is too much for three years from Dillon.

Therefore, the Patriots will release him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes