Welcome to PatsFans.com

New approach to Abortion Legislation by Pro Life Groups.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Aug 8, 2007.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +471 / 13 / -14

Interesting approach to abortion and better than trying to overturn Roe IMO

http://lifenews.com/nat3263.html

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

Great idea, let abortion go the back streets and hack doctors.. no matter what you do or what anyone says this will not go away.. maybe underground, but it will not go away. Isn't it better to have this happen in a sanitary fashion, than on someone's kitchen table??

3. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

did you actually read the article or think about what you just wrote? This has nothing to do with outlawing anything, it has to do with "allowing women to see the ultrasound"? oooooh, how evil, huh?

and contrary to some claims ive seen posted around here, there ARE abortion providers who do NOT allow that. Because they know that if people really could put a picture on what they are doing hearts would change and money to the provider would be lost.

Now how is this a threat to you?

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

I don't like the idea that a women tramatized by rape, incest, or a medical condition should be further traumatized and pressured into having her child. For all others, showing them the ultrasound pictures is a good idea. At the very least, it might teach them to use protection in the future.

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +471 / 13 / -14

You should have tried reading the article rather than just spouting off talking points since the article is about not trying to make abortion illegal.

BTW how do you feel about the higher incidences of cancer and suicide among those who have had abortions?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  6. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

"Allowing women to see ultrasounds"? I've got news for you, women are already allowed to see ultrasounds is they want to, they can go to their doctor and get it done.

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you mean like you refrain from doing on a routine basis before spouting off talking points? mmm, yeah... different when you do it...

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +471 / 13 / -14

Well the topic of the article is that the Pro Life groups are not emphasizing changing Roe legislatively or through the courts, so when the comments react against making abortion illegal it sort of ignores the point of the article and thread.

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Needless to say, the pro-aborts are fighting this legislation with every fiber of their being. Which proves my point that pro-aborts are not interested in women making educated choices with their bodies, but rather they are interested in maximizing the amount of abortions they can sell. You know, just like any other business.

10. Patters

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

Not that you ever back up anything you say, but I am curious to know if you have any evidence of that.

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know, you really should read the article before falling back into the same old tired and ridiculous liberal talking points.

Ya know, I think we need to legalize rape. Rapists are going to commit rape anyway, right..? So it's important they get to do it in a safe and sanitary environment. It's better for everyone involved. I am sick and tired of these back alley rapes.

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes. Yes I do.

13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +786 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

I think women should be forced to see the ultrasound so they can see the consequences of their actions. Pictures of the remains of aborted fetuses (or is that feti) would be a good step too.

Then if they still want to undertake the legal right that they have, so be it I guess.

14. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Now we're getting the the heart of what pro-lifers want, it's not that women should be allowed to see the fetus as the article claims, it's that they should be forced to. Well, how about we apply that to other aspects of our lives...

Before you can exercise your right to vote, you have to listen to every candidate give a long, drawn out speech. Then you can vote.

Before you can buy a car, you have to watch a video of violent car crashes.

Before you can go to church, you have to watch a presentation on all of the other religions you can choose, only then can you make an informed choice.

No, you don't have to jump through hoops to exercise your rights, that's what makes them rights and not privileges.

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

Good catch, Pujo. That was quite a Freudian slip by BF. The idea of force and domination plays a big role in the anti-abortion movement. That said, I can see conducting an ultrasound and presenting images to the woman, but it obviously should be her choice whether or not to look at the images.

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +786 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

There was no slip. I just want women to understand the consequences of their actions. Abortion is legal way beyond the "few cells" point of pregnancy. Seeing hands, heads, toes, may make women about to abort that it's not just a "medical procedure", it's the killing of what would become their baby; their son or daughter. If I'm forced to wear a seatbelt why shouldn't a women about to abort be forced to have the action be put into perspective ?

17. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Why shouldn't churchgoers be forced to learn about other religions? Informed consent, after all, and they may just decide to become Buddhists...

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

But, how would you "force" her?

19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +786 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Well it's a little different but I have been forced to see things I would have preferred not to. When I took my driving class back around high school age I had to watch several videos on crashes when driving drunk, etc. There's other examples. Given that this action results in the death of what would become a human being I don't think it's unreasonable to make sure the woman understands what she's doing.

20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +786 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Well I probably couldn't actually force her as I wouldn't be able to forceably keep her eyelids open but I think you understand the point. Or maybe you don't :rolleyes: