PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New 7 Minute Teaser for Thursday Night's NFLN Belichick: A Football Life!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I see many fans with a new found respect for Belichick after tonight's documentar

Yah Brighthouse still refuses to carry NFLN. Fortunately I'm at home tonight with Comcrap & it's on!

I'm in the same boat with Time Warner in NYC. Hopefully, we'll be able to watch it on the NFLN web site later.

Re: Belichik miked up assistance needed

If anyone wanted to do me a favor and record it on a DVD I would appreciate it.

Re: I see many fans with a new found respect for Belichick after tonight's documentar

We all know Bill could care less whether he is loved outside of the team and family, but I am hoping to see just even a fragment less hatred throughout the land,it would be nice.

I don't think (none of us know, of course) that BB sees it in terms of the haters, but rather in terms of his legacy. He's a great student of the game and I believe that it's important to him how he is viewed in comparison to Lombardi and Paul Brown, to name two.

For better or worse, "spygate" was taken seriously by some people whose opinion will count when the history of his era is written, no matter how many of us on this board will fume that they are idiots or worse and shouldn't have a say in the matter.

I would imagine then that he gave NFLN that kind of access because he is beginning to think more concretely about his legacy and that he wants to have a word in how it is spun.

Personally, I can't wait to read the book he writes after he retires.

Don't kid yourself. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have allowed this filming to happen. This is all about his legacy.

Just saw your comment. Agreed.

BB's love of the game and its history suggest he knows that his own story is going to be written as an important part of the history of this era and that he knows that he will eventually be compared by historians to larger than life figures in the evolution of the League like Vince Lombard and Paul Brown and Tom Landry and Bill Walsh. He knows that he can influence how that history is written to some degree and this is probably a first step in that direction.

One of the many reasons that the premature death of David Halberstam was tragic is that he might have written a sequel to "The Education of a Coach" that, together with the first work, would have constituted Belichick's official biography.

Belichick is far too significant to have the definitive work on him be written by a media hack or even a well-intentioned "fan writer" like John Feinstein. I have long hoped that Richard Ben Cramer would write Belichick's biography. Belichick is complex enough a guy to be interesting to an author like Cramer and it would be fitting that his definitive biography was also an important work of literature.

Last edited:

I hope you're right, but I'm skeptical. I think the millions who hate him for what I believe are unjustified reasons probably won't watch. Those in the middle might watch and will change their opinions but won't verbalize them. Those of us who really like Bill will likely feel as though our opinions have been vindicated. But to expect a radical change in the way non-Pats fans nation-wide view Bill is, I believe, wishful thinking. But, once again, I hope I'm wrong.

I think time will be BB's biggest ally to gaining new fans. As time goes by and BB doesn't change anything about the way he goes about his work, and as more evidence comes out about how Spygate transpired and the complete setup by the Rats and Omissioner that it was, BB's esteem will rise, and the Rats' will sink.

Eventually, people like Mangini will provide enlightenment and the Rats franchise and their fan base will be seen as the manipulative, entitled, petty people that they are.

Just saw your comment. Agreed.

Belichick is far too significant to have the definitive work on him be written by a media hack or even a well-intentioned "fan writer" like John Feinstein. .

"Let Me Tell You a Story", John Feinstein. One of the best books on a sports legend I've ever read.

It will be most interesting to see the comments of present and former players and coaches from other teams. Will they say most head coaches do similar things (though not as well), or will it echo the remarks of free agents who come here and say how much different it is?

One thing I'm disappointed about is that the Seymour trade and lategate aren't addressed.

Part 1 is tonight correct?

Belichick at a Halloween party is one segment I hear.

How can I watch it if I don't have nfl network? I hope it is on youtube later tonight.

How can I watch it if I don't have nfl network? I hope it is on youtube later tonight.

Hey guys, PM me if you want to watch this ;)

There's a Pats fanatic who torrents multiple versions of the game, i bet he'll do this one.

tenyardtorrents google it.

Answering an FAQ on "BB: A Football Life"

The question a number of people have asked:

Why would BB agree to do a documentary like this?

According to a NYT article, technically speaking, he didn't:

At first, there was no plan to turn the footage into a documentary. Rodgers said the goal was to create an archive for a Belichick retrospective upon his retirement, like the trove that NFL Films deployed for its Lombardi documentary for HBO last year. “I thought it might wait 20 years,” Rodgers said.

But when the NFL Network was looking for a major biographical documentary to run this season, one about Belichick was a natural — and all the filming was done, so much that two parts were required. (The second part will be shown next Thursday at 10 p.m.)

Re: Answering an FAQ on "BB: A Football Life"

Intersecting. There was also the book "Patriot Reign" which has some similarities to the NFL piece.

Could anyone honestly imagine another 20 yrs of Belichick?

That would be a gift that I'd never pass up. I'd take 10 more yrs., and I'd personally give up a lot in my life to have that gift.

Honestly, this is the sort of thing that can get this forum in trouble (linking to torrents and other sources for copyrighted material). Maybe it would be smart to be careful how you disseminate that kind of information.

Very interesting, thanks for posting.

NFL Network seems to have about 80% of the program posted in 5 separate clips on the NFL.com site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back