PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New 3-round mock from Scott Wright...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me Griffin/ McCauley/ Robinson is fine.

Poz is undersized and injury prone. Great.

Leonard at 28 is a major reach for someone who doesn't show the agility necessary to be a RB at the next level

In that draft I would have taken Ross and Staley - not sure about round 3 as I didn't look long enough to see who's there.

I may have taken Griffin then Staley but at pick #24 I would have taken Ross and thought Griffin has more chance to make it to #28 . . . but he didn't so I'm happy with Staley.

Still not understand why Pats should select a LT early in the draft.

Still not understand why Pats should select a LT early in the draft.
Staley was a BPA pick for me there. And having him at LT with a move of Light to RT is interesting with our constant search for a RT.

Keep in mind I would have taken Ross and Griffin, I think, but Griffin went between our picks. Merriweather would have been my next guy after Staley; himi and Ross would be a lot of athletic ability added to our secondary.

barf.gif

Maybe Pos, then trade the hell out of the 1st round.

I dont understand everyones hatred for Poz on these boards. I really dont.

The guy is going to be the next Urlacher for someone.

You might be right. He could be a tackling machine playing the middle in a 4-3 defense a la Urlacher.

I don't think there is "hate" for him. Last year I was high on Bobby Carpenter, he did not have a great rookie season. Pos reminds me of Bobby Carpenter.

Maybe they will both be pro bowl players. But to me, there is only one LB worth 1st round consieration, and i would trade up(reasonably) to get him, Patrick Willis.

I don't think there is "hate" for him. Last year I was high on Bobby Carpenter, he did not have a great rookie season. Pos reminds me of Bobby Carpenter.

Maybe they will both be pro bowl players. But to me, there is only one LB worth 1st round consieration, and i would trade up(reasonably) to get him, Patrick Willis.

I dont compare him to Carpenter at all if he were to come out last year Poz would have been a top 10 pick. But because of the injury he decided to return and show everyone that he could play. Most compare him to AJ Hawk and rightfully so coming out of college.

His upside is a chance to be great like an Urlacher but has a downside to be a Ted Johnson typr player.

Poz has been in a 3-4 all through college so he could definitely play in a 3-4 in the NFL.

I truly believe there is hate for this guy on these boards. In this thread, there is talk of him being "injury prone" which is ERRONEOUS, he did not miss any games with his knee injury (and sorry if taking a helmet to the knee and tearing a ligament is "injury prone, because im sure that would happen to most players). He has a great potential, but the thing about Poz is he has the smarts and instincts to have a very low downside, so I think you are getting a great player either way. I don't think he will go before Willis, but I think people need to get over Willis because he is NOT going to be there at 24.

If the first halfof the draft goes the way he says NE will likely get Reggie Nelson at 24, if they want him. Dallas would not take Nelson at 22. He wasn't the Safety they were rumored to have interest in to begin with, and they are likely about to sign Ken Hamlin (they have been in contract negotiations the past day 1/2) which will put them out of the Safety market.

Look for the Cowboys to either draft CB, or WR.

Willis is the only Backer I wan't to draft in the first, as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye