PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New 2009 NFL Mock Draft Game Discussion Thread

I did not anticipate the draft to go this way and that pick to be so hard, I changed the pick twice Pettigrew to Butler to Beatty. Sigh.....alright come and get me. I went for value and a position that I thought would not be there with value in rounds 2 and 3.

I did not anticipate the draft to go this way and that pick to be so hard, I changed the pick twice Pettigrew to Butler to Beatty. Sigh.....alright come and get me. I went for value and a position that I thought would not be there with value in rounds 2 and 3.
As reasonable a choice as was possible given the hand you were dealt.

Having seen the run on OLBs, I might have panicked and taken a certain small school prospect(my avatar ;)), but the other Huskie would've been my preferred choice. Good value anyway. Just curious how you would configure the OL?

Having seen the run on OLBs, I might have panicked and taken a certain small school prospect(my avatar ;)), but the other Huskie would've been my preferred choice. Good value anyway. Just curious how you would configure the OL?

My initial thought was depth, probably not an imediate starter (Beatty) but I would think could be a replacement for Light in 1-2 years. English, Pettigrew, Bultler, and Heyward Bey were the best values I thought at the spot the $$ and the contract....it was really tough. I thought long and hard on English due to the run on that position.

Since you couldn't trade up and nobody really saw Denver jumping on Barwin that early, well, you picked who you thought was best. Hopefully he can play RT, though I'm not so sure of that as say Britton at RT.

Also, I'm curious, if I had let Andre Smith slip by the Chargers, who was the next GM who would have taken him?

Last edited:
if he made to minnesta i would have

I would have pulled the trigger on Beatty or Britton if they had been around at the top of the 2nd for the Rams. Oh well, back to the drawing board. It makes me think that Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe would have been a safer pick for the Rams, with D help coming in the second.

Since you couldn't trade up and nobody really saw Denver jumping on Barwin that early, well, you picked who you thought was best. Hopefully he can play RT, though I'm not so sure of that as say Britton at RT.

Also, I'm curious, if I had let Andre Smith slip by the Chargers, who was the next GM who would have taken him?

If he made it to the Ravens I would have taken him.

I would have taken him at #19 for Tampa Bay. Even though the Bucs have much greater areas of need at other positions, he's just too high of a value to pass up should he slide that far, in my opinion.

I would have taken him at #19 for Tampa Bay. Even though the Bucs have much greater areas of need at other positions, he's just too high of a value to pass up should he slide that far, in my opinion.

I'm gonna PM you my top 3 choices for the Giants. ;)

I can't believe that the 2nd best defensive tackle in the draft drops all the way to the Colts. Wow talk about falling into their laps.

I can't believe that the 2nd best defensive tackle in the draft drops all the way to the Colts. Wow talk about falling into their laps.
I was very close to taking Peria Jerry at #19 for Tampa Bay but from what I've been reading on Tampa Bay fan forums and newspapers he does not fit the scheme of their new defensive coordinator Jim Bates. I'm rather surprised he lasted that long as well.

Hello everyone the draft is going well. I would like to get some responses on the teams that are remaining without GM's. The first to speak up will get them of course. No Newbies came forward. I can take the Cowboys
so that will leave 2 teams remaining.

Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Dallas Coboys

Hello broadwayjoe, can you help me with the titan's selection? (I'll send a pm if you agree)

If need be I can take the bears

Ok Carolina Panthers are the only team without a GM. Who would like to be the GM?

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back